Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Thanks for that vid Jadentheman !

Honestly, watching that vid his skills are incredible. What really is starting to convince me that he should be our winger is his passing and vision. Lets face it half his tricks won't work in Europe so his passing must be that much better. I have no doubt he will fit like a glove on the left side next season strictly based on how much his passing has improved.

Yea he's gonna end up cutting down on more of his tricks and hopefully his ego when he comes to barca. If he can live with playing second fiddle to Messi and not being the star of the team he won't end up as a flop. Probably a waste of money since we don't need him, but not a flop. His passing and vision has gotten much better but it'll improve 10x more when he trains with Barcelona. One thing though, i don't want to see him locking down on the left wing position as securely as Messi has on the CF position. Firstly, because Tito's rotation and continuous switching of the squad helps to minimize fatigue and injury. Secondly there are many players such as Alexis, Villa, Iniesta, Deulo, Pedro, and Tello he should be rotated with so even if he does end up starting a lot of games, he won't always end up in the same position. Versatility is key in playing for barcelona. He has the potential to be a great player, although i don't see him being reaching the levels of even Ronaldo if he comes to barca. If he wants to build up to a truly amazing player he would have to go to a different team where they would build their attack around him.

F

Flavia

It may not seem like it, but Neymar is smart. He learned his lesson when he had that fight with a coach, and had an ego outburst. He saw that the press and fans turn sides very easily. He is 5 years younger than Messi, so I think he can play 2nd fiddle to him with no problems, because when he reaches his peak, Messi will be older.

barcanuck

Yea he's gonna end up cutting down on more of his tricks and hopefully his ego when he comes to barca. If he can live with playing second fiddle to Messi and not being the star of the team he won't end up as a flop. Probably a waste of money since we don't need him, but not a flop. His passing and vision has gotten much better but it'll improve 10x more when he trains with Barcelona. One thing though, i don't want to see him locking down on the left wing position as securely as Messi has on the CF position. Firstly, because Tito's rotation and continuous switching of the squad helps to minimize fatigue and injury. Secondly there are many players such as Alexis, Villa, Iniesta, Deulo, Pedro, and Tello he should be rotated with so even if he does end up starting a lot of games, he won't always end up in the same position. Versatility is key in playing for barcelona. He has the potential to be a great player, although i don't see him being reaching the levels of even Ronaldo if he comes to barca. If he wants to build up to a truly amazing player he would have to go to a different team where they would build their attack around him.

I can see him going on the right left and even centre rotating with everyone if need be, I don't think the kid is limited to the left side. But as you said hope he checks his ego as Flavia alluded to that he's kept in check lately.

89Norcal

My take on Neymar. :troll:

He's like the Beats by Dr. Dre of the football world. Everyone knows his name. He's expensive. And people associate him with quality. There are cheaper and equally skilled alternatives to him though (though the Beats are total garbage sorry Beats users). We can just snatch up Goetze and Reus (and for me, Shinji Kagawa, though ppl will obviously disagree) for a fraction of his price. Plus we don't get the ego issue that'll inevitably come with Neymar (like the Beats faithful....). IMO, his skills will not complement Messi's at all, but then again, I'm just a TV watcher. Not someone who actually observed them playing together.

I see what you mean by your analogy, but Neymar to me seems like a cut above the average superstar footballer.

Plus he's so young still, and would do well with some added strength and experience in tougher competitions. As far as the ego, I wouldn't see it being a big problem over here unless he TRIED to slack off, because in Brazil he's a major celebrity, but in Europe he would have the weight of expectation on him.

I somewhat agree with others that he needs more time, either at Santos or another European club, before we can gauge if he's worth the investment and he has the discipline. Sort of like Ronnie at PSG.

Neymar has proved he's a top player, no need to "test" him at another european club.. sure he is hyped but also already one of the best attacking players out there, certainly one of the best dribbler, and he seems a little too "happy" in general to cause problems imo

also i've read somewhere that his parents let him dispose of only a fraction of his salary. seems he is well surrounded

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Neymar has proved he's a top player, no need to "test" him at another european club.. sure he is hyped but also already one of the best attacking players out there, certainly one of the best dribbler, and he seems a little too "happy" in general to cause problems imo

also i've read somewhere that his parents let him dispose of only a fraction of his salary. seems he is well surrounded

His parents do that because he nearly went bankrupt earlier in 2012 by overspending on his luxurious lifestyle. And he definitely shouldn't be considered one of the best attackers or even dribblers out there because he hasn't played adequately against strong defenses. He is great for his age, but definitely not one of the best players in the world. If he moves to Europe his playing style is going to change a lot. That's ultimately going to help him but don't completely judge him based off of what you see him do in the Brazilian league.

89Norcal

The problem for young star players these days is the hype is all around them and it's easy for them to buy into it. I think he would do well for Barca if we signed him, but no need to rush it, lest all his doubters have a field day if he doesn't start off on a flyer.

Jadentheman

Neymar has been shown to play as a central striker, false 9, or even in midfield if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans