Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish_Cules

Gotze has got nothing on Neymar. And secondly Rosell won't go for him this summer, Neymar will stay in Brazil until 2014. I'm gonna laugh when we see Gotze fail and Neymar rule during the World Cup.

How many full matches have you watched of both players and how regularly do you watch them? Even if you do watch them regularly you seem far too certain how their future will pan out.

Jadentheman

Your obvious bias makes that statement that much more laughable. Has NOTHING on Neymar? Oh please :lol:
They play different roles anyway. I think I can safely say you don't watch Gotze play very much.
There is talent outside of Brazil you know.....:pep:

But he is THE TALENT! Gotze is among other common above average players. Neymar has the potential to be join the legends.

GiantKiller

Gotze, when compared to Neymar, has already gotten a head start in the sense that he's already proven in Europe. Also, it would be quite daft to label Gotze as 'another common above average player'.

Last edited:

Der Kaiser

German players will always be underrated, thats why they are always so surpised when Germany does well EVERY FRICKIN TOURNAMENT. Good for us though, that way the talents hardly ever leave the league and I get to watch them more.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Indeed. Being in Europe and all, he passed that level a while back :D

In all seriousness though....how did you come to that conclusion? What makes him a whole level above Gotze? What has he done? When did he prove himself a level above footballers like Gotze? Gotze is among the top tier mid fielders in the world right now. Not to mention his age as well as where he plays his football. Anyone that says Neymar is that much better Gotze needs a reality check. What has Neymar done?

jamrock

These guys are getting neymar's potential with his actually level, he will end up being better than gotze if he lives up to his potential, but right now gtze is the star player on the two time German champion and is a much better player than neymar.

F

Flavia

Gotze is not much better than Neymar. They are both 2 young and hot prospects. Neymar has more hype and scores a lot more, and has won one libertadores already, being santos main man. Too early to tell who will end up being the best.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
I concur!
Like Jamrock said, you guys are confusing potential with current ability. It's too early in their career's to say who will be what. But to place Neymar a level above Gotze and say he will be a legend is laughable. Wait and see before you say silly things lol.

......but just to keep the debate going I think currently Gotze is at a higher level :troll:
:lol:

F

Flavia

I concur!
Like Jamrock said, you guys are confusing potential with current ability. It's too early in their career's to say who will be what. But to place Neymar a level above Gotze and say he will be a legend is laughable. Wait and see before you say silly things lol.

......but just to keep the debate going I think currently Gotze is at a higher level :troll:
:lol:

Gotze surely is at a much higher level on his looks :p
Footballing-wise, I can't decide.

Jadentheman

I can tell Neymar is very important. You guys are right I don't watch Gotze, but does his team suffer when he's not playing. When Neymar is absent from the field Santos turns into a whole another team. A very shitty team. With Neymar, Santos stands a chance against strong teams and even wins.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Indeed they do. He was injured in the beginning of the season and Dortmund definitely dropped points without him. Now that he is back he is having one of his best seasons and leading the team. But even if they didn't, it doesn't make Neymar a level above Gotze lol. That's just asinine. He could be one of the best in the world someday. Just not today...or tomorrow.

89Norcal

just like robinho did eh? every half decent player looks like the future GOAT in brazil.

I don't think one should dismiss Neymar as another hyped Brazilian. After all, neither Oscar, Lucas Moura, Bernard, or Ganso are getting anywhere near the praise Neymar does. I've watched him play many times and he's a genuine talent. In fact he reminds me much of Ronaldinho at Gremio; the tricks, the vision, the conviction, the eye for goal, even the diving lol.

Micah

Neymar plays in a league where they don't really know how to defend. Honestly though, i've rarely seen teams maintaining a solid defensive line, they'd be all over the place, leaving Neymar the space to cause Havoc with his pace. But against organized defenses, he mostly struggles and easily dispossessed due his obvious lack of physique.
I remember the Olympic final, where Mexico did a very good job of not giving him space, he was largely anonymous in that game.
But just like Iniesta doing so well this season, an intelligent Playmaker like Isco or Gotze in wings could do wonders along with Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans