Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I don't think one should dismiss Neymar as another hyped Brazilian. After all, neither Oscar, Lucas Moura, Bernard, or Ganso are getting anywhere near the praise Neymar does. I've watched him play many times and he's a genuine talent. In fact he reminds me much of Ronaldinho at Gremio; the tricks, the vision, the conviction, the eye for goal, even the diving lol.

A lot of the "hype" stems from the fact that Brazil is turning him into a nationwide icon to lead them into the WC and Santos trying to inflate his transfer fee. I've seen him play and he is really good against bad defenses but who knows what he is going to be like against a tight European defense. I can see him either changing his playing style to suit Barcelona (which would diminish his talent) or flopping. It's unlikely that he will ever be among the very best in the world because all the changes he makes are going to slowly diminish his talent to a point where he will only be a good player, not a great one. I mean he'll be changing from a Santos team that is built around him, he'll be changing to a league with no-bs defenses, and he'll be changing to a Barcelona team which is built on tiki taka rather and based around messi rather than his individual skill. IF he can adapt to all of that, it will be at the cost of a lot of his talent.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
We can debate whether he's overhyped too much but the talent is undeniable...Whether that translates to a guarantee of future success is purely guesswork - he'll have to work hard and have the right circumstances to maximize that talent

GiantKiller

These guys are getting neymar's potential with his actually level, he will end up being better than gotze if he lives up to his potential, but right now gtze is the star player on the two time German champion and is a much better player than neymar.

+1

89Norcal

A lot of the "hype" stems from the fact that Brazil is turning him into a nationwide icon to lead them into the WC and Santos trying to inflate his transfer fee. I've seen him play and he is really good against bad defenses but who knows what he is going to be like against a tight European defense. I can see him either changing his playing style to suit Barcelona (which would diminish his talent) or flopping. It's unlikely that he will ever be among the very best in the world because all the changes he makes are going to slowly diminish his talent to a point where he will only be a good player, not a great one. I mean he'll be changing from a Santos team that is built around him, he'll be changing to a league with no-bs defenses, and he'll be changing to a Barcelona team which is built on tiki taka rather and based around messi rather than his individual skill. IF he can adapt to all of that, it will be at the cost of a lot of his talent.

Yes good post. However I would just say not every defense is as solid as Dortmund, Madrid or Barcelona, and in Brazil he's the target of alot of rash challenges and double teaming due to his fame. He is not coddled in Brazil as much as some people think. On that basis I don't think he would be a flop in a top league

IMO I really think he would fit perfectly in Barca's system. If you want to see Neymar at his most well-rounded form, watch his Brazil NT appearances. At Santos he's the main man and may be selfish for it. In the BNT he is ALWAYS looking for his teammates on the break or making himself space on the wing to cross in. He also plays alot of one-touch football within 25 yards like Barcelona do to break down packed defenses.

But like FCBarca says it is all guesswork, I'm confident Barca's coaching staff will make the right decision if they decide to sign him.

S

Smile

I'm not sure why there is lots of hate for Neymar here, the guys talent and probably the only foreseeable player who could potentially reach the same heights Messi and Ronaldo have right now.

Saying that i think he's more suited to Madrid than Baracelona, he's an ego and won't like playing 2nd fiddle to Messi, could putting Neymar in the Barcelona team change Messi's and other players role in the team? There would have to be some adaptation for sure.

ShandyFFM

Yes good post. However I would just say not every defense is as solid as Dortmund, Madrid or Barcelona, and in Brazil he's the target of alot of rash challenges and double teaming due to his fame. He is not coddled in Brazil as much as some people think. On that basis I don't think he would be a flop in a top league

IMO I really think he would fit perfectly in Barca's system. If you want to see Neymar at his most well-rounded form, watch his Brazil NT appearances. At Santos he's the main man and may be selfish for it. In the BNT he is ALWAYS looking for his teammates on the break or making himself space on the wing to cross in. He also plays alot of one-touch football within 25 yards like Barcelona do to break down packed defenses.

But like FCBarca says it is all guesswork, I'm confident Barca's coaching staff will make the right decision if they decide to sign him.

i dont agree at all.... a player with such speed and skill can do this in every league.. its the same reason people keep saying messi wouldn do it in the premier league...
and i neymar plays for barca he will have more time and more room .... near to the brazilian league... although you shouldnt forget its not that goals are only scored on 1on1 situations... with his pace he will be perfect for the throughballs and his passing is near to barcastyle

89Norcal

I'm not sure why there is lots of hate for Neymar here, the guys talent and probably the only foreseeable player who could potentially reach the same heights Messi and Ronaldo have right now.

Saying that i think he's more suited to Madrid than Baracelona, he's an ego and won't like playing 2nd fiddle to Messi, could putting Neymar in the Barcelona team change Messi's and other players role in the team? There would have to be some adaptation for sure.

People are just lumping Neymar into the same category as Balotelli, Oscar, Walcott, etc without seeing him play more than once or at all. I don't know how someone could deny he has that special something and raw talent to become great. And everytime I see him against tougher opposition - like National team matches or Club world Cup, he's been mostly level-headed.

i dont agree at all.... a player with such speed and skill can do this in every league.. its the same reason people keep saying messi wouldn do it in the premier league...
and i neymar plays for barca he will have more time and more room .... near to the brazilian league... although you shouldnt forget its not that goals are only scored on 1on1 situations... with his pace he will be perfect for the throughballs and his passing is near to barcastyle

I'm not sure I know what you disagree with.

ShandyFFM

People are just lumping Neymar into the same category as Balotelli, Oscar, Walcott, etc without seeing him play more than once or at all. I don't know how someone could deny he has that special something and raw talent to become great. And everytime I see him against tougher opposition - like National team matches or Club world Cup, he's been mostly level-headed.

I'm not sure I know what you disagree with.

shit sorry i wanted to quote that not urs

although i think many people are scared that he could be a robinho flop because people think those two are very equal.... and they are feared because so many brazilian players are flopping in europe because of their behaviors or their discipline but imo neymar di different to them... very strong character, nice boy with good attitude ( okay he dives when he get pushed ) and although he can be very shy and humble... very familiar to alves character.. even if people only like to see what he does on the field.. "dancing and diving" ... i think neymar is a smart boy who has such a huge respect for messi xavi and iniiesta that he would be like a little boy at first here at barca. because his object is to become the bestand if he wants thathe has to play like the best .. and at the moment he knows that he has to lern from those 3 barca players and that why i think he will be very grateful

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
Wll be better than Sanchez for sure :D
Whether he's worth it will also be decided hugely by his pricetag. If he cost 40m and doesn't perform then he will be deemed a failure. But if he costs 20-25m people will be more forgiving and willing to give him time
IMHO paying anything more than 25-30m is stupid. I'd rather deulofeu be promoted sooner than paying 40m.

Emma

Gotze is very good footballer, but he is not on Neymar's level.

you'r jocking! Probably you have't seen Mario very often? Götze not
on Neymars level? You're so funny. Then you should watch more Bundesliga games. Mario is is on a par with the Brazilian. The hype around Neymar annoying. In Brazil they have already chosen him as a national hero - but he plays in Brasielien and not in Europe. He may have the crazier haircut - but that's about it.

Last edited:

ShandyFFM

you'r jocking! You have't Mario probably seen very often? Gotze not
on Neymars level? You're so funny. Then you should watch more Bundesliga games. Mario is Mario is on a par with the Brazilian. The hype around Neymar annoying. In Brazil they have already chosen him as a national hero - but he plays in Brasielien and not in Europe. He may have the crazier haircut - but that's about it.

götze is NOT on neymars individual level... not even close... but the point is that götze isnt a striker and neymar is .... götze does his thing for the game and neymar does what a striker does as i said before you cant compare them.. they are like messi and ronaldo two complete different playertypes but imo götze get to much credibility in the bundesliga because the individual level istn that high. its more about the teamwork in the bundesliga and the workertype and götze is a great teamplayer and has an individual level which is above 95% of the bundesliga players... imagine the hype about özil... in germany the say he can win the ballon d'or .. they even thought he could win it this year and that he is among the 3 best players in the world...german press is a joke because in germany they look how özil plays for the national team and the national team wins against estonia and iceland most of the qualifying games

although i think both players would fit into barcasystem but götze isnt that much a striker like we need him and he doesnt play the 4-3-3 like santos does...our midfield is way too good as if he could get a chance there but our attack could be taken on an other level with a second striker who has insane skill and pace and is different to all playertypes we got at the moment

Last edited:

Emma

But he is THE TALENT! Gotze is among other common above average players. Neymar has the potential to be join the legends.

GÖTZE is ONE of the GREATEST talents in world football at the moment! - There are also great talents outside of Brazil! Hallo?!......incredible:evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans