Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jklz

For the people saying that Santos wouldn't let Neymar leave for free, because his contract runs out in 2014; you're right. The Bosman ruling doesn't count in Brazil, allowing them to ask a transfer fee for a player whose contract ran out. Ronaldinho's contract at Grêmio also ran out in 2001, yet Grêmio still demanded a 23m transfer fee from PSG.
In the end, after the FIFA interfered, he left for 'only' 4.5M. This might not be the case for Neymar though, who seems to love Santos a lot.

Last edited:

89Norcal

Yep .

Looks like he's ours , fellas :)

A Barcelona director and a sponsor of the Brazilian have confirmed that Santos player Neymar (20) will join Barcelona in the summer. [sport]

:hooray:

I think he'll surprise alot of his doubters here. He's flamboyant like any other rich teen-20 year old but I think being around Barcelona vets like Xavi and Puyol and Messi will really help him take his game to the next level.

PaCmAn

:hooray:

I think he'll surprise alot of his doubters here. He's flamboyant like any other rich teen-20 year old but I think being around Barcelona vets like Xavi and Puyol and Messi will really help him take his game to the next level.

Still a rumour. Nothing official yet?

F

Flavia

Still a rumour. Nothing official yet?

No, but this time nor Neymar, neither anyone from santos denied the rumor, as they always do. At least I didn't see it.

Btw, he's 21 years-old today:

14ky340.jpg

"Seu Madruga", from Chaves, as his phone case. Got some more points with me for it :p

Jadentheman

I think him going to Barcelona sounds plausible so far. The director confirmed. Both clubs didn't anything. Neymar never renewed his contract with Santos. Santos's coach is restructuring the team to depend less on Neymar. So he's preparing for the eventual departure. Not to mention the numerous praises of Barca, the constant contact between Neymar and Messi, and the subtle hints he drops. He's coming over this summer. And I think Santos will see the rest of their 30-40M from the 10M Barca has been paying for two years already.

MOds you better make the :neymar: smiley now

EDIT:

Sao Paulo match now up

89Norcal

I'll be pissed off if we pay 40+10 million for him. 30+10 would still be too much.

That's the price for exceptional youth talent. Add to it he's Brazilian and young Brazilians always seem to command higher fees these days.

It's not like we're wasting 34m on Luka Modric :)

barcanuck

Neymar and Ronaldo are born on the same day! Hmmm this explains his selfishness. Hopefully Dani has changed him for the good with the way Dani always passes.

F

Flavia

Neymar and Ronaldo are born on the same day! Hmmm this explains his selfishness. Hopefully Dani has changed him for the good with the way Dani always passes.
That's not accurate. Neymar makes a lot of assists. What He needs is to cut his diving.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
That's the price for exceptional youth talent. Add to it he's Brazilian and young Brazilians always seem to command higher fees these days.

It's not like we're wasting 34m on Luka Modric :)

Madrid got robbed in that deal, just like Milan did to them with Kaka.

Jadentheman

That's not accurate. Neymar makes a lot of assists. What He needs is to cut his diving.

That is true. He needs to reduce it. I've have seen the dive that led to the penalty. Neymar didn't even get fouled. However defenders really want to go for him down in the South American leagues. SO I find diving kind of a need for him. Where we gets to Barcelona that's when Puyol and others can get him to tone down the diving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans