Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's still a pretty young age. Obviously it's harder to adapt now than it would have been if he came when he was 17 or 18 but he still has time to change. It'll be difficult as he gets older and he might not be able to. I just hope that he doesn't become a regular starter at Barcelona just because of his transfer fee.

Maybe we could bench him for a year to get him used to Barca and La Liga.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
No idea what was wrong with him today- he was trotting around slowly most of the game. Seemed tired and either disinterested or nervous. I agree, the type of defense he went against today is what Barca mostly faces, same with the space. He needs to leave to Europe now for the sake of his career, he just turned 21- he's not a kid anymore.

Been saying this for awhile now, zero reason to keep him in Brasil apart from ego massage ahead of WC'14 - he'll be brought back down to earth in Europe as it's clear he still has a lot to work on in his game...The two sitters alone are ones top European strikers rarely botch nevermind one touted as the future Ballon D'Or winner. In fact, Oscar still looks like a better overall player to me

Barca8

That's still a pretty young age. Obviously it's harder to adapt now than it would have been if he came when he was 17 or 18 but he still has time to change. It'll be difficult as he gets older and he might not be able to. I just hope that he doesn't become a regular starter at Barcelona just because of his transfer fee.

... I just hope he doesn't come to Barcelona. I just watched a few more Lamela video's and already I'd take him over Neymar anyday.

F

Flavia

Lackluster performance from Brasil but all credit goes to England. I was seriously impressed by their play today.
I don't watch Neymar regularly but everytime I have I can honestly say he isn't ready to play for Barca and we should spend our money on a better forward.

The way Walcott schooled Adriano time and time again is what you'd expect Neymar to do, but he was no match for Glen Johnson and couldn't even get around Steven Gerrard. I think he'd end up being just another Alexis Sanchez for us and we'll be better off pursuing Agüero, Suarez (who looked great against Spain), Reus, Andre Schürrle, or even Hazard.

I agree with Aguero, Reus, and would add Gotze. Neymar's fee is way overpriced. For 20-25 mi would be fair, he can end up being a great player. But for 40 mi, Barça can do better.

I don't know why he gets so much praise. Just look up the teams he scores against in the Sao Paulo State League where he gets most of his goals. They are literally in the Brazilian 3rd and 4th divisions!
He has scored against most of the big clubs too, and played a very good Libertadores as well, though. It's not only against weak opposition that he scores.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

I don't know, benching doesn't always do it. Theres a chance that he is too set in his ways to ever become as good as he is supposed to be in Europe. His entire playing style is really built around making a fool of dumb defenders and operating in unreasonably large amounts of space with all the time in the world. Plus, when he plays, his team literally rotates around him. He's allowed to keep the ball as long as he wants and laze off whenever he feels like it and do whatever tricks and dives he wants without being criticized by his coach. I'd love for him to prove me wrong but it'll be hard for him to change that much, and who knows how good he'll be when he's forced to adapt.

... I just hope he doesn't come to Barcelona. I just watched a few more Lamela video's and already I'd take him over Neymar anyday.

I dunno why but i recently got Lamela fever and now I can't stop wishing that Barcelona would consider him.

ammarfcb

ze special one
everyone seems to be saying, 'get him out of brazil train him, becnh him, develop him etc'

why do we have to do it? and for 40+m ? we need a prolific striker that can get us 20+ goals a season. ^ sounds like a b-team player

if we put marketing aside i wouldn't put more than 5-10m on him. srs.

Garrus

He seems fine to me, This over the top analyzation from everyone isn't productive, His fate won't be decided by a friendly match against England.

Robbie

Then the front page of every sports paper in Brazil will be asking "WHY IS NEYMAR ON THE BENCH?", senile has-beens like Pele will be throwing their opinion around, and you'd better believe his entourage + agent will be stroking his ego even more. His confidence will shrivel to nothing, and only then will he truly become Quaresma 2.0.

The hype surrounding this kid has gotten too big, he earns enough to own multiple cars/houses, and is one of the biggest celebrities in Brazil without really proving anything on the world stage.

I dunno why but i recently got Lamela fever and now I can't stop wishing that Barcelona would consider him.

Isn't he a midfielder. But if we can get him cheap, why not. Could add some depth to our midfield.
A few have suggested Aguero (and I've even seen a few reports linking him to us). It'd be a good signing, albeit expensive, providing us another goalscorer to take the pressure off Messi. Especially if we want to play it safe and go for a more proven forward instead of Neymar.

Last edited:

PearLBLacK

Banned
everyone seems to be saying, 'get him out of brazil train him, becnh him, develop him etc'

why do we have to do it? and for 40+m ? we need a prolific striker that can get us 20+ goals a season. ^ sounds like a b-team player

if we put marketing aside i wouldn't put more than 5-10m on him. srs.

Last I checked you already have a prolific striker that can score 20+ goals a season.

Barca8

I don't know, benching doesn't always do it. Theres a chance that he is too set in his ways to ever become as good as he is supposed to be in Europe. His entire playing style is really built around making a fool of dumb defenders and operating in unreasonably large amounts of space with all the time in the world. Plus, when he plays, his team literally rotates around him. He's allowed to keep the ball as long as he wants and laze off whenever he feels like it and do whatever tricks and dives he wants without being criticized by his coach. I'd love for him to prove me wrong but it'll be hard for him to change that much, and who knows how good he'll be when he's forced to adapt.

Sounds like a player for Madrid not Barcelona :pep:

I can see why... his style reminds me of Crybaby7 without the tears or whining.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Lamela is best at cutting in from the right, whilst being very good he is very one footed, him + Messi would occupy similar spaces i think.

Jadentheman

He has scored against most of the big clubs too, and played a very good Libertadores as well, though. It's not only against weak opposition that he scores.

Though you and I can agree he was mostly invisible against Corinthians (Who are World Club Cup champions) on both legs. So some Brazilian opposition is good for him, but it's barely enough. I agree he had an off game today, but compared to Oscar, he needs to go to Barca to his game to the next level. BTW Oscar is developing nicely. Only a few months for Chelsea and he can easily play well against a well marking team like England. Neymar is obviously better and should go before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans