Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He seems fine to me, This over the top analyzation from everyone isn't productive, His fate won't be decided by a friendly match against England.

Not just England. He's been stopped by Mexico twice, Barcelona, England, and doesn't do well against organized defenses overall. Plus when we're playing the possession game at Barca, there is much less space to operate in because of the condensed opposition defenses. He can't work without those gaps or anything. Playing for a counter attacking team like Madrid would disguise his flaws but not on a team like Barcelona where the players have to learn to play with little to no space.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Lamela is best at cutting in from the right, whilst being very good he is very one footed, him + Messi would occupy similar spaces i think.

Well being one footed at such a young age is fixable and he would adapt to his role in Barcelona (hypothetically). What really matters is that he has the core abilities to play for a team like us and that is versatility, technical ability, footballing brain, and ability to perform against an organized defense.

Jadentheman

Not just England. He's been stopped by Mexico twice, Barcelona, England, and doesn't do well against organized defenses overall. Plus when we're playing the possession game at Barca, there is much less space to operate in because of the condensed opposition defenses. He can't work without those gaps or anything. Playing for a counter attacking team like Madrid would disguise his flaws but not on a team like Barcelona where the players have to learn to play with little to no space.

He can do tight spaces though, but I think he's been used to having a lot of space to do tricks and sprint that the various NT games have been small wake up calls. But as long as he stays in Brazil and drinks the kool aid they have been giving him, we could see a big disappointment in 2014. It's better to get him over sooner for the better of the Selecao. As for showing up for Barca that will come in time. I expect after playing for a year that he could be one of the most important players for the team. I really admit to eating my words because what I said yesterday. However I know Neymar is quality and this just happened to be an unfortunate game for him and Ronaldinho.

THIS. but sadly tito doesn't want to play him and everyone talks about age like it's the only thing that matters about a player.

I believe he also can't play on the right. And Iniesta's taking up the LW spot. Still though, Villa should definitely be getting more playing time.

Barca8

Well being one footed at such a young age is fixable and he would adapt to his role in Barcelona (hypothetically). What really matters is that he has the core abilities to play for a team like us and that is versatility, technical ability, footballing brain, and ability to perform against an organized defense.

Well said, +10. Those are the key points in who should come in to accompany Messi & Pedro (scored twice today). With the hype around Neymar it's no secret that all eyes are on him anytime he plays in Europe. I was hoping for some kind of spark to see what kind of player Barcelona would get and I gotta say he isn't going to be worth the money he'll cost.

What do you guys think about Aguero? I've seen a few reports linking us to him. He'll be expensive as shit though. If we wanna play it safe and go for someone more proven though, he'd be a good choice.

Btw, how does Neymar usually do against that Dede guy? I hear he's the best defender in the Brazilian league. I know he's not as good as European defenders, but IMO, international games aside, Neymar's performances against him are probably the best indicator (which isn't saying much) of how well he might do against European defenses.

Last edited:

jklz

Hah, the bandwagoning is quite astounding. Now he suddenly is terrible?

I'm not sure how the England match is a very good standard for him. The team around him didn't play in top shape either. Ronaldinho was really bad, unfortunately. Luis Fabiano hardly showed up. Oscar had a few great passes, but in the majority of time he preferred to take a shot on goal. There is also zero control in the midfield with Ramires and Paulinho. Fred made a good appearance in the second half, but his lay-off passes to Neymar were way off the whole time (constantly too high, near Neymars chest). Lucas was basically the only one who showed some chemistry with him. Also, don't forget the kid has been playing for, what, 3 weeks now? While the English players have all been playing, without a break, from September on.

Please don't judge on only one or even two matches.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
What do you guys think about Aguero? I've seen a few reports linking us to him. He'll be expensive as shit though. If we wanna play it safe and go for someone more proven though, he'd be a good choice.

Btw, how does Neymar usually do against that Dede guy? I hear he's the best defender in the Brazilian league.

Aguero would be insanely expensive but a good buy. Doubt he'd actually come though.

Barca8

Btw, how does Neymar usually do against that Dede guy? I hear he's the best defender in the Brazilian league.

I've been talking about Aguero for months and would love to see him at Barca. Our most versatile attack was 10/11 with MVP and we lacked that continuity last season. Aguero would be the perfect replacement for Villa and also give us a Plan B incase Messi needs to be rested (sorry broken record on my part I know).

In reference to Neymar I forgot about another player... Gareth Bale has been brilliant the last 2 seasons and has progressed his game to play right wing forward. Spurs play a "pass and move" game and Bale would be able to integrate into the team.

Hah, the bandwagoning is quite astounding. Now he suddenly is terrible?

I'm not sure how the England match is a very good standard for him. The team around him didn't play in top shape either. Ronaldinho was really bad, unfortunately. Luis Fabiano hardly showed up. Oscar had a few great passes, but in the majority of time he preferred to take a shot on goal. There is also zero control in the midfield with Ramires and Paulinho. Fred made a good appearance in the second half, but his lay-off passes to Neymar were way off the whole time (constantly too high, near Neymars chest). Lucas was basically the only one who showed some chemistry with him. Also, don't forget the kid has been playing for, what, 3 weeks now? While the English players have all been playing, without a break, from September on.

Please don't judge on only one or even two matches.

True enough. The fact of the matter is though, Neymar's unproven and a risk. Could pay off big time, but he's still a risk. This game didn't exactly help his case, but good point, the whole team did play badly.

Jadentheman

Depends I guess. I hear he usually shuts Neymar down. Don't harp on Neymar. Know this Neymar is actually Brasil's best player. And he is the best player on the Selecao too. He's quality, but you need to know how to utilize him. Like I said he had one bad game. Though if you compare to other NT call ups it can look a bit dreary. Him coming to Barca is inevitable. Tito needs to learn how to use him to be effective. This game Neymar was on the right wing (Like most here would prefer him to play at Barca) however he was given roaming rights. Neymar roaming is the only way how he can really play. It's very complicated, but I'm sure Neymar could have played better then he did today.

And Dede is also quality. I expect his call up soon too, but I heard he's in a drop of form or injured at the moment.

Jadentheman

^Disagree. Oscar is good, but I think he's the false #10 behind the number. Neymar is the true #10 albeit an un-traditional one at least for this team.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I don't know if I want Neymar to go to Barca immediately. It would be cool if were guaranteed to get him but could have him play in one of the "lesser" European leagues first, just so the pressure isn't too much and the adaptation is more gradual. He's not ready to face off against big teams yet, and I certainly don't want him to be another Sanchez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans