Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
^Disagree. Oscar is good, but I think he's the false #10 behind the number. Neymar is the true #10 albeit an un-traditional one at least for this team.

I dunno, if Neymar can be frozen out so easily then he isn't the best option to play the role of attacking catalyst.

I've been talking about Aguero for months and would love to see him at Barca. Our most versatile attack was 10/11 with MVP and we lacked that continuity last season. Aguero would be the perfect replacement for Villa and also give us a Plan B incase Messi needs to be rested (sorry broken record on my part I know).

In reference to Neymar I forgot about another player... Gareth Bale has been brilliant the last 2 seasons and has progressed his game to play right wing forward. Spurs play a "pass and move" game and Bale would be able to integrate into the team.

From what I've heard of Bale, he wouldn't fit us, he'd fit RM far better (again, from what I've heard).

Anyways, good news for you. http://www.football-espana.net/28092/barca-make-aguero-bid. I've seen a few other reports.

Speaking of Aguero, can he play on RW? Coz Iniesta has the LW position.

I don't know if I want Neymar to go to Barca immediately. It would be cool if were guaranteed to get him but could have him play in one of the "lesser" European leagues first, just so the pressure isn't too much and the adaptation is more gradual. He's not ready to face off against big teams yet, and I certainly don't want him to be another Sanchez.

Hmm... maybe we could try loaning him to the Dutch/Portuguese/French league or something (like you said, to ease the transition, since Brazil -> Spain is a big step up). He's probably gonna want to play in a top club right away though.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

barton.jpg

barton2.jpg

Poor Neymar :p

Looks like management have stepped up their interest in Hummels. Definitely a step in the right direction. That pretty much instantly gives me more faith in them.
I'm actually not opposed to signing Neymar (I'm on the fence). Management has to decide though, is he a risk worth taking? He has crazy potential, but Aguero's a safer option (albeit harder to get and more expensive). Let's wait and see.

Last edited:

Barca8

Looks like management have stepped up their interest in Hummels. Definitely a step in the right direction. That pretty much instantly gives me more faith in them.
I'm actually not opposed to signing Neymar (I'm on the fence). Management has to decide though, is he a risk worth taking? He has crazy potential, but Aguero's a safer option (albeit harder to get and more expensive). Let's wait and see.

http://www.footballtop.com/news/latest-transfer-rumours-barca-chase-hummels
Man this is sounding good! Hummels for 35, Aguero probably for 50, and so Hummels has a fellow German to settle into Barcelona ter Stegen.

Villa, Alexis, Afellay, Fontas & Valdes would have to be sold to fund those 3 coming in.

Galning

Funny thing is, it's true. Neymar will never ever live up to his value. He's probably worth around €20M, as a footballer.

In before people who say he has a marketing value etc..etc..

F

Flavia

Funny thing is, it's true. Neymar will never ever live up to his value. He's probably worth around €20M, as a footballer.

In before people who say he has a marketing value etc..etc..

Yep, and all that overrating will end up biting him in the ass. Pele has come as far as saying that for Messi to be the best in the world, he had to be better than neymar first :lol:
There's some journalists here that heavily criticize Neymar any chance they get, like today's game. And after many bad displays with the nt, that number is increasing.

Unbiased United

If this Neymar kid was called some boring English sounding name like John Smith, he'd have about three pages on here...all calling him a product of his own English media hype. It really does astound me just how many pages he has here, and just how severely overrated this lad is.

Barton is a tit, but he's spot on with those tweets....

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101

hemakesmemessi

If this Neymar kid was called some boring English sounding name like John Smith, he'd have about three pages on here...all calling him a product of his own English media hype. It really does astound me just how many pages he has here, and just how severely overrated this lad is.

Barton is a tit, but he's spot on with those tweets....

Classic English knee-jerk reaction to any footballing event that occurs involving any form of outside football with the English game. Remember 2 months ago when everyone decided that Ibra was, in fact, a good player or 8 months ago when Pirlo was suddenly the best player in Europe, etc.

One average performance by Neymar with a set of English eyes on him and suddenly he is, always has been and always will be an average player!?

Yeah, very good.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
My predictions:

Neymar-in (I bet we'll negotiate it down to say 37 million which is still too much)
de Gea-in (if Man United buy the Stoke keeper then they are going to be more likely to sell de Gea)
Valdes-stays (We'll need him for one more year as the new goalkeeper settles)
Hummels- not going to happen (there seem to be too many obstacles in the way for this transfer to really accumulate with his transfer fee, wages, our interest, etc.)
Some other cheaper CB-in (I think this is destined to happen, we'll either go for someone young or we'll go for someone reliable but not amazing)
Aguero-definitely not going to happen (just like Hummels's case, there will be too many obstacles and his transfer fee would be astronomical)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans