Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Etoo pressed like a maniac in Peps first season. Cant bracket him with the other two for that.

Yep. Some people have short memories or haven't watched Barca long enough to know. In fact Eto'o was our most hard working player even under Frank. Guy was a predator.

Armando929

I don't see why not. At Santos I assume he doesn't pressure his opponent like we do, but I assume he is also not instructed to do so. In fact with his speed and acceleration he could be quite good at it.

I'd rather we not go for him either. He's not needed.

We have more than enough options up top for rotation, and I can't imagine Neymar working as hard for the team as the likes of Pedro, Messi, Alexis, and Villa do. Plus we have Tello on the bench, and Deulofeu coming up. He's a fun, flashy player to watch who is a brilliant dribbler but its just not a player we need.

This off season we need to invest in a CB and a GK. Those are the priorities. Spending a senseless 50 million euros on Neymar is terrible business, especially considering the player is unproven at European level.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Hahaha, you swedish people don't know anything about life...

Please meet the glory of Carlos Villagran playing Quico from the best ever show on earth El Chavo del Ocho:
Quico-1-.jpg

quico02.jpg

EDIT: Sorry, I missed Flavia's post...

They don't usually show Latin American TV series around here ;)

The only Mexican actor I know of is that guy with the goofy smile who played in the Che Guevara film and the one with the dog fighting

Kerrybai

yup, he should be given chance for 50M to show us he can pressure and track back which I would say he is even worse than Tello or Deulo at

Another poster criticising him before we know whether he is willing to put in that sort of work. There are things we know about him and things we don't, let's not an aspect of his game that we have not yet had the chance to see in action.

oz187

This off season we need to invest in a CB and a GK. Those are the priorities. Spending a senseless 50 million euros on Neymar is terrible business, especially considering the player is unproven at European level.

It's expensive and a risk but you can't say for sure it's bad business. 50M euros would work out to 10M a year. Having Brazil's next big superstar in the squad could increase revenues a lot more than that and could turn out to be very good business.

Armando929

It's expensive and a risk but you can't say for sure it's bad business. 50M euros would work out to 10M a year. Having Brazil's next big superstar in the squad could increase revenues a lot more than that and could turn out to be very good business.

True but what about the chemistry of the team?

Lets say Neymar does live up to the hype, even still he's too much of an individualist for this current Barca side. Cristiano is an awesome player but is he for Barca?? The quality of the player is one thing. But whats even more important IMO is how he would fit into the team.

oz187

Chemistry of the team is a whole different matter. But then that applies to any player that you get. Did Ibra fit the chemistry of the team? Cesc? Neymar is still only 21 and he's got a lot of developing to do. He may turn out to be another Quaresma/Robinho or he may turn out to be a Romario/Ronaldinho. But that's what I mean when I say he's a risk. It's up to the scouts/Zubi/Tito to decide what his playing potential really is.

0n0mat0p0eia

When you spend 40/50 million on a player it is always a risk; the player could do his cruciate in the 1st game and NEVER be the same player again.

The diving problem can be ordered out of him by a strong coach, AND he could be shown that it hurts the team when we start to get NO penalties given for us.

The main problem would be him and Messi IMO. Messi is the top dog in our world, Neymar is top in his; if/when he comes to Barca, would there be some kind of problem in who is the main man in the team.

Also, when our focus is on Messi, what happens to the fluidity of the team when another superstar comes in.

I still love some of the stuff he does, and hate some of the other things he does. He'd sell a lot of shirts and bring in lots of money.

It would still be a gamble with a SAmerican player coming to Europe.

I also agree with Armando, we need to buy a GK and a CB in the Summer. Top players in these positions will use ALL of our transfer fund, and it should. When Tito comes back, we have more than enough attacking options in our squad - when all are playing near their best - and he will get the best out of them.

GK and CB before Neymar, i say.

oz187

I agree with that actually, if they continue reintegrating Villa into the first team. Even so, transfer budget is arbritary. They can change it at any time and they can use it differentially each year. So they could spend 100M on a GK, CB and and Neymar in the summer if they wanted, but then they'd just have to not spend next season. If they are planning on getting him anyway, they'd be hoping to have him for 10 years or so. Getting him now would have the advantage of giving him more opportunity to integrate into the tiki-taka methodology.

Robbie

The 40+ million price tag will also be a ball&chain around Neymar's foot. Every dive, every petulant performance, every bad game, and the fans will pick up on it and respond accordingly. He's simply not ready for a big club yet. If he was surrounded by people who actually had his best interests in mind and not sucking money out of him, then he would have been advised to join a smaller european club first to improve naturally. Right now he's stagnating in brazil and will slam into a brick wall when he joins Barca

barcanuck

The 40+ million price tag will also be a ball&chain around Neymar's foot. Every dive, every petulant performance, every bad game, and the fans will pick up on it and respond accordingly. He's simply not ready for a big club yet. If he was surrounded by people who actually had his best interests in mind and not sucking money out of him, then he would have been advised to join a smaller european club first to improve naturally. Right now he's stagnating in brazil and will slam into a brick wall when he joins Barca

Agree with this, but there is no other way for him to Europe. Someone has to spend 40, 50 or even 90 million to get him due to the hype, marketing and his skill set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans