Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yugi

I remember story when Deulo was in school and first team was having a training but Pep demanded Deulo should be on the training, so he got out of school and the bus was late, he came few minutes later because he was unprepared and bus was late etc but he got scolded by Pep...he gave him lesson that he is no superstar and that he should not ever miss any training under any circumstances....

if the same thing was applied on Neymar here, he wouldnt care, he would make so much money and have so many companies to please he would always have football on second or third place, lost case tbh

ammarfcb

ze special one
he dives 'not to worry, tito will sort him out'
he wastes time 'not to worry, tito will sort him out'
he parties and doesn't come training 'not to worry tito will fix him'
he can't play football 'he will learn'
he costs 40m 'not to worry he'll sell shirts'

if it was an english player u'd all be raiding his thread with 'what a fool'

Armando929

The partying is one thing thats worrysome.

Also, his showoff attitude and individualism just won't work in this team. Actually, being at Barca would hinder and LIMIT Neymar's game.

I too don't buy into the whole "good coaching" can make him into this type of player.

He doesn't like to track back and do defenseive work, he's not physically strong(Falls down alot, whether by design or not), and while his tricks are fun to watch, I just don't see them working in La Liga or the Champions League. Especially up against those solid, physical defensive teams whom also have great positioning and formation.

Best scenario is that one of the likes of Man City or PSG picks him up, and if he's the goods, he'll shine there. Then maybe if there's a chance to get him, attempt to move in.

Maria

Ronaldinho used to party during the Rijkaard era. Even Javier Zanetti would turn into a party animal, if he's being coached by the good old Frankie.
Yeah, we saw Iniesta and Xavi during Frank's era...

if it was an english player u'd all be raiding his thread with 'what a fool'
No need to go that far..imagine only if it would have been Deulofeu instead..

Last edited:

0n0mat0p0eia

Ronaldo has an incredible drive to be the best and to win games which Neymar doesn't seem to have. That's why Ronaldo was able to polish off the excessive attributes of his game. I don't see that happening to Neymar and I believe he will be a flop.

You could well be right; all im saying is that the second best player in the world used to be like this.

Neymar might be the biggest waste of money since Ibra...

He might just knuckle down, change his mentality, change his work ethic, change the bad things to go along with his qualities and become a superb player.

Dare we risk this, when we NEED a GK and a CB, IMO, no.

We have a wealth of quality attacking players Messi, Pedro, Sanchez, Villa (when they are on form), we also have players coming through Tello, Cuenca, Deulofeu for instance who may be quality enough with experience/matches to save us a lot of money.

IMO, the reason Barca has not won everything they've played for has not been because we've lacked the fire power up front, mostly; it's been because when teams park the bus/defend well and counter-attack us, our defence is not good enough!

VV is leaving, so we NEED a GK. Puyol is aging/Pique is slow; IMO we need a superfast CB - perhaps even 2.

Last edited:
I think it could be good for Neymar if whoever buys him loans him a lesser European league like the Dutch, Portuguese or maybe even French league first, so he doesn't have to take such a big step up (Brazil -> Spain/England). I don't see it happening though.

89Norcal

Ronaldinho used to party during the Rijkaard era. Even Javier Zanetti would turn into a party animal, if he's being coached by the good old Frankie.

Neymar would not be allowed to do the same, because now things are much different. He will be taught some discipline and his career in Barcelona would massively depend on the way he reacts to that.

I read somewhere that when Pep began coaching Barcelona, he essentially told Messi to stay away from the distractions Ronaldinho indulges in if he wants to be a great player.

I would imagine :tito: shares that same philosophy. In Brazil Neymar is the superstar and probably has more leeway in his actions than if he were with a top european club.

I don't think anyone can really blame him, he's young, rich and famous and most of us would do the same. As long as he doesn't get into serious trouble and stays focused.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I read somewhere that when Pep began coaching Barcelona, he essentially told Messi to stay away from the distractions Ronaldinho indulges in if he wants to be a great player.

I would imagine :tito: shares that same philosophy. In Brazil Neymar is the superstar and probably has more leeway in his actions than if he were with a top european club.

I don't think anyone can really blame him, he's young, rich and famous and most of us would do the same. As long as he doesn't get into serious trouble and stays focused.

It's still going to affect his football carreer, both long-term and short-term. The time he's spending drinking and partying now is going to be noticeable later. It should be taken into the equation. Even if he stops now he's still damaged his future ability.

Juan Shoe

The vitriol towards Neymar from some on here is quite an eye opener. He has undoubted talent but is a risk. But how so many can write him off is mind boggling. His diving is an issue for many and yet Pedro is every bit as bad and is accepted. I think so many have taken such a a dislike because of the comparissons to Messi, which are just ridiculous, and the direct comparisson hurts Neymar. If he does come to Barca I think he could make a fantastic impact and add another dimension to our play. However if he comes at the expense of a top class centre half I will be annoyed. That being said how many top class centre halfs are going to available.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
It's still going to affect his football carreer, both long-term and short-term. The time he's spending drinking and partying now is going to be noticeable later. It should be taken into the equation. Even if he stops now he's still damaged his future ability.

A little over dramatic Deco :lol:

Once in a while it wont hurt anyone. He's a young man ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans