Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm with Deco here. His habits now will affect his future.
You can say what you want about Ronaldinho but he made that step at the same age Neymar is now. Moved to Europe, lit the show and made it to the top in next 4-5 years. And with less hype than Neymar is having now.
He, practically, single-handedly led the team that first year to 2nd place and was a talisman of the new era. Laporta-Rosell board who eventually proved to be most fruitful presidents we ever had. Starting from Frank onwards.
Make no mistake about it. It was not about Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta or Eto'o. It was Ronaldinho who led the way.
Unfortunately, he got tired of professional life. But so be it. I can only be thankful to Rosell who came through with signing him when Laporta failed to deliver his promised Beckham signing.

Jadentheman

I wouldn't say single handed. Edgar Davids also helped IIRC. Xavi can be considered important back then too, but as I always said there were better players running the show.

Barcilliant

Davids made a huge difference. Ronnie caught fire soon and the rest is history. Those really were the foundations for the success that followed. Rijkaard, Ronnie & Laporta started the engine rolling. Barca fans owe them a huge amount of grattitude.

Neymar is too much marketing. I hope Real or City offer Neymar 250K a week plus a massive signing fee. This guy has liability written all over him. Edinson Cavani please. NO to Neymar!!

Armando929

Davids made a huge difference. Ronnie caught fire soon and the rest is history. Those really were the foundations for the success that followed. Rijkaard, Ronnie & Laporta started the engine rolling. Barca fans owe them a huge amount of grattitude.

Neymar is too much marketing. I hope Real or City offer Neymar 250K a week plus a massive signing fee. This guy has liability written all over him. Edinson Cavani please. NO to Neymar!!

I think Neymar could do quite well on a team like Man City or PSG. But Barca and maybe even Real Madrid is probably too much of a big step for him. The team philosophy alone would be a culture shock to such a care free individual like Neymar and its clear he's never had to deal with a strong coach like a Guardiola or Tito Vilanova who just wouldn't put up with his antics and showoff attitude, not to mention the whole late to training nonsense.

I'd rather us take our chances on promoting Deulofeu and sticking with Villa, Alexis, Pedro, and Tello as attacking options to accompany Messi, and when one or two of those players ends up leaving or whatever, then maybe try for Neymar and if he truly wants to come to Barca, then it'll happen.

ammarfcb

ze special one
highlights of his game yday?

ps: this is my 100th post in this thread. thank u neyGOAT ur so joga bonito :wub:
drible_neymar.gif

tumblr_max3a4eeW11r0ktvpo2_250.gif

tumblr_lxnq4e5ukh1r0ktvpo1_400.gif

Jaykob

The most ridiculous "trick" ever in the first picture :lol:

While he is busy jumping over the ball, Messi has already dribbled past 3 players.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Honestly Santos would make a mistake keeping him too long. A horrible showing in Confed/World cup will bring everyone in the media against Neymar to pre-label him as a flop. Even Rosell would get hesitant to buy him. Selling him now to the highest bidder is the best way for them to milk the transfer before his price waivers too much.

Barca8

God I hope we don't waste our money on this kid.
No European experience, nothing but a handful of tricks, will dive when those tricks fail, sooo over hyped it's not even funny anymore.

(outside of Barcelona) Reus, Hazard, Lamela > neymar

DucdeOrléans

I was rather hooked on him 1.5-1 year ago but I think that he has stagnated a little in that time period. Whether this is due to him having achieved everything in Brazil and not being as motivated as before I don't really know. His latest dealings off the field are not encouraging either. Mind you I still regard him as a huge talent that could reach the level of Ronaldinho or at least close to it but there is also a chance of him becoming another Robinho/wasted talent. For now I don't think that he will turn into a Robinho (never did) but nor am I as convinced as I was before of him reaching or at least being close to the level of Ronaldinho when he was at his best. Less could could obviously also do it mind you. We will have to wait and see. But it looks like his arrival will be imminent but that was already known/said 1 year ago as well.

It will be very interesting to see how Neymar will perform next to Messi and vice versa.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans