Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Well, he is where it matters, and that's on the field.

What do you think people base their vote on?

Of course it is base on what happens on the field, where Neymar has been rated higher than Gotze whether that is your opinion or not it has been the general opinion among those who vote on these things.

Jadentheman

of course, he does stepovers so he must be the answer.

He does elasticos and sombreros. He does rainbows, hocus pocus, nutmegs. Everyone on here has seen the freaking stomp sombrero he pulled on some player. I can see him linking up with Alba, Messi, and Iniesta easily. He won't have to much like he has at Santos that is for sure. His job will be significantly easier allowing him to pull out tricks, distract others from Messi, and make plays for his teammates

F

Flavia

What do you think people base their vote on?

Of course it is base on what happens on the field, where Neymar has been rated higher than Gotze whether that is your opinion or not it has been the general opinion among those who vote on these things.

Hype influences as well. Bias, many things. I like Neymar more than Gotze, but the german is quite better. I'm not blind, and I've been watching santos and dortmund lately. I think Neymar missed the right time to move.

And now another thing worries me, other than his overpriced tag. The people telling him to come to Barça, that in Barça he'll be a legend like ronaldo, romario, rivaldo, dinho. Much like Alexis, who came thinking it would all be a fairy tale to play for his favorite team.

JamDav1982

Hype influences as well. Bias, many things. I like Neymar more than Gotze, but the german is quite better. I'm not blind, and I've been watching santos and dortmund lately. I think Neymar missed the right time to move.

And now another thing worries me, other than his overpriced tag. The people telling him to come to Barça, that in Barça he'll be a legend like ronaldo, romario, rivaldo, dinho. Much like Alexis, who came thinking it would all be a fairy tale to play for his favorite team.

He missed the time to move? He is only just turned 21!!!

You claimed earlier that he was better in 2011 but his goal tally virtually doubled in 2012.

What has Gotze done that is a bigger achievement than Neymar?

Jadentheman

Neymar really shouldn't be coming to Barca till he's 23 IMO because that way at least Xavi will be retired and Messi will be somewhat slower

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
What have any of them done to prove they are better than him?

Not even close.

Moura and Oscar were not a patch on him in Brazil.

Of the players named there only Gotze is in the class of Neymar.

Lucas and Oscar don't use flappy samba-boy tricks like Neymar. His style works for him in Brazil but it has an UNBELIEVABLE amount of flaws to it that will all be shown in Europe. He doesn't have any strength, balance, low center of gravity, nor does he shield the ball well. All of those are skills he needs to be able to dribble well against tight, solid defenses.

Also, Lucas and Oscar play in teams that utilize space and play with counterattacks, so at times they do get the same space they would in Brazil, hence the fact that they aren't total flops (however it can be argued that Oscar is flopping right now). Neymar however, would be moving to Barcelona, where the defenses he will face are all condensed and he gets no space whatsoever. How do you think he's gonna do in that scenario?

Gotze in the same class as Neymar? He's far beyond Neymar, there is no comparison.

F

Flavia

He missed the time to move? He is only just turned 21!!!

You claimed earlier that he was better in 2011 but his goal tally virtually doubled in 2012.

What has Gotze done that is a bigger achievement than Neymar?
I'm talking about what I'm seeing them both do. For me Gotze is doing better on the field, and for the price, right now I'd rather have Gotze than Neymar in Barça.
The goal tally in brazil is also misleading. Many goals are from the paulista, a joke tournament. He hasn't impress a bit against tougher oposition in a long time, and he looks stalled, compared to 2011, when he was clearly evolving.
He has also missed training for partying and marketing commitments, seems involved more in other things than football.

Jadentheman

Lucas and Oscar don't use flappy samba-boy tricks like Neymar. His style works for him in Brazil but it has an UNBELIEVABLE amount of flaws to it that will all be shown in Europe. He doesn't have any strength, balance, low center of gravity, nor does he shield the ball well. All of those are skills he needs to be able to dribble well against tight, solid defenses.

Also, Lucas and Oscar play in teams that utilize space and play with counterattacks, so at times they do get the same space they would in Brazil, hence the fact that they aren't total flops (however it can be argued that Oscar is flopping right now). Neymar however, would be moving to Barcelona, where the defenses he will face are all condensed and he gets no space whatsoever. How do you think he's gonna do in that scenario?

Gotze in the same class as Neymar? He's far beyond Neymar, there is no comparison.

How is Oscar flopping right now? Considering it's his first year in the Premier League with a radical change in coaching I would say he's doing excellent. Definitely one of the exceptions to the Brazilian to England stereotype

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
How is Oscar flopping right now? Considering it's his first year in the Premier League with a radical change in coaching I would say he's doing excellent. Definitely one of the exceptions to the Brazilian to England stereotype

He's not flopping but on the other hand he's not really doing great (apart from the CL games at the beginning of the season). There are different ways to look at the Oscar situation and I'd say he's not as on fire as he was before, but not exactly a flop either.

mixer

First random vid on youtube from 2012

I checked some vids and he really performed better year ago.

A vid from 2013. Terrible performance. So much diving, lots of missed passes, pointless dribblings.

The same team year ago. So much better performance for sure.

The difference beetwen his form now and year ago is quite visible.

But his stats from 2012/13* are quite impressive; Games Started: 48 ## As a sub: 0 ## Goals: 41 ## Assists: 14
* Santos / Brazil

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans