Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

We'd have to know which path is that. Neymar doesn't have that drive Messi, Xavi, cr and many others have. In a sense, everything happened too fast and too easily for him. That can be really bad in the future. But if his goal is to make the most money possible, instead of being one of the best, he's doing great.

How on earth can you claim that Neymar doesnt have the drive of the top players in the world?

Need to stick to the facts rather than just making things up from thin air.

F

Flavia

How on earth can you claim that Neymar doesnt have the drive of the top players in the world?

Need to stick to the facts rather than just making things up from thin air.
I'm stating what I think, never claimed it to be the absolute truth, I'm just especulating from what I see from him, and I follow him closely for a while now. Taking the others I mentioned as an example, his drive is more dinho-like. Not too worried, or dedicated as Messi and cr. That's all.

JamDav1982

I'm stating what I think, never claimed it to be the absolute truth, I'm just especulating from what I see from him, and I follow him closely for a while now. Taking the others I mentioned as an example, his drive is more dinho-like. Not too worried, or dedicated as Messi and cr. That's all.

I disagree I think he looks very driven and wants to be compared with the best in the world.

I watch him a lot also and think he is a hard working player and also doesnt drink etc.

How long do you think Neymar has 'stalled' for? What is that even based on?

He has played three games against the top Brazilian teams this year and scored two goals and two assists. If it is based on his international form just look at Messi and Ronaldo both of whom have gone a year at least of poor international form.

F

Flavia

I disagree I think he looks very driven and wants to be compared with the best in the world.

I watch him a lot also and think he is a hard working player and also doesnt drink etc.

How long do you think Neymar has 'stalled' for? What is that even based on?

He has played three games against the top Brazilian teams this year and scored two goals and two assists. If it is based on his international form just look at Messi and Ronaldo both of whom have gone a year at least of poor international form.
He is stalled since the olympics, after brazil failed to get the gold medal. He felt the hit. And the paulista is not a serious tournament, this is more like a training tourney until the brasileiro starts. I don't see that drive to be the best. he would've already move to europe if he really had that. He's either afraid to leave his confort zone, or doesn't want to leave the easy life he has here. Lately he's more worried with parties, instagram and twitter.

JamDav1982

He is stalled since the olympics, after brazil failed to get the gold medal. He felt the hit. And the paulista is not a serious tournament, this is more like a training tourney until the brasileiro starts. I don't see that drive to be the best. he would've already move to europe if he really had that. He's either afraid to leave his confort zone, or doesn't want to leave the easy life he has here. Lately he's more worried with parties, instagram and twitter.

Since the Olympics he has scored 15 goals in 14 games in the brasileiro - his most prolific time to date in the league. He also got 6 assists - again his most prolific time in the league for that.

He has also has 7 goals in ten games for the national team - again his most prolific period.

There is nothing that backs up the claim he has 'stalled' since the Olympics.

Jadentheman

IS that drive so bad? There can be diverse personalities in this world ( in the world of football). I know most here value hard work and dedication more as a whole. Ronaldinho works hard, Neymar works hard too, but it's not in there nature to be totally hard working and mechanical like Messi and CR7 along with other players that are noticed for that. Neymar as you said is more driven carelessly like Ronaldinho. They are artists in essence, it takes a while to get a good painting from them. Ronnie did all his masterpieces at Barca basically. After he left he has no more left to give. As for Neymar he still has a ton left in his closet.

This free thinking personality allows for Neymar to pull off these tricks flawlessly. It allows him to humiliate, make up new shit. But it's self destruction because you know that eventually Neymar will just run out. Now he is in a slump of form, but that is inconsistencies due to his personality. I do agree that Neymar stay in Brazil is making him complacent to the extreme and he should move so he can make better masterpieces. And I will say something unpopular. If he makes it, if he fits into the European and Barca style of play. I expect him to shit out tricks like no tomorrow.

TLDR; Neymar is quality :hooray: I do see him reaching the potential of Ronaldinho, I can see him reaching and doing tricks at Barca. IT just depends. Yeah he's overrated, but that is Brazilian media and the Internet hyping him up. Think of it as this: If Spain was hosting a World Cup and the team lost all of it's great players then they would be HYPING Deulofeu to new heights

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Since the Olympics he has scored 15 goals in 14 games in the brasileiro - his most prolific time to date in the league. He also got 6 assists - again his most prolific time in the league for that.

He has also has 7 goals in ten games for the national team - again his most prolific period.

There is nothing that backs up the claim he has 'stalled' since the Olympics.

Yes, there is. Numbers are nice, but they don't show everything. He scored just one more goal then in 2011. Robinho had similar numbers when he was in santos too.
Neymar is not evolving as a player, becoming better or a bigger threat than what he was before. And he failed to impress, even a little, on copa america and the olympics. Let's see what will happen on the confederations cup.

JamDav1982

Yes, there is. Numbers are nice, but they don't show everything. He scored just one more goal then in 2011. Robinho had similar numbers when he was in santos too.
Neymar is not evolving as a player, becoming better or a bigger threat than what he was before. And he failed to impress, even a little, on copa america and the olympics. Let's see what will happen on the confederations cup.

No thats not correct Neymar has a goal record that outshines Robinho easily. Robinho got 25 in 45 in his best season, Neymar got 43 in 47 last season.

Not sure why you think it was only one more than in 2011 as his goal tally basically doubled between 2011 and 2012.

So he is scoring more, creating more but is not as big a threat as he was previously?

F

Flavia

No thats not correct Neymar has a goal record that outshines Robinho easily. Robinho got 25 in 45 in his best season, Neymar got 43 in 47 last season.

Not sure why you think it was only one more than in 2011 as his goal tally basically doubled between 2011 and 2012.

So he is scoring more, creating more but is not as big a threat as he was previously?

He's not doing that much more. He didn't really improve his numbers, he's on the average of what he did previously. I defend the brasileiro here, as people think it's a weak league and it's not, but there are many bad teams, and the defense style is different. He gets a lot of space. Whenever he faced better defenses, who denied him space, he suffered. That's where he's stalled.

Jadentheman

I didn't really watch much of Barca Ronaldinho era. Since him and Neymar are the same style. Did Ronaldinho himself need tons of space? Or could he still do shit in enclosed spaces like how Barca makes it?

JamDav1982

He's not doing that much more. He didn't really improve his numbers, he's on the average of what he did previously. I defend the brasileiro here, as people think it's a weak league and it's not, but there are many bad teams, and the defense style is different. He gets a lot of space. Whenever he faced better defenses, who denied him space, he suffered. That's where he's stalled.

He is not on the average of what he did previously, his goal record in the brasilero and continental competition improved clearly.

Any player in the world finds it tougher against well organised defences that is not rocket science.

The fact is he had his best goal scoring spell and highest ratio of assists in that league since the Olympics.

Nothing shows that he is stalling one bit. Quite the opposite he is getting better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans