Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcilliant

Neymar will be a moderate success at best. Over the long haul I dont see him being a club legend. He may shine for a couple of seasons and then get fat on KFC and booze.

I would prefer Cavani anyday. Proven in Europe, skillful, physically strong and great in the air. We need more MUSCLE at Barca-we have enough small, skillful players why do we need another? We were best when we had guys like Yaya, Eto, Henry, Keita. Guys who were quick, strong with some muscle. Look at Alexis-gets bundled over so easily. Neymar will be the same.

Antimadridista1

Neymar will be a moderate success at best. Over the long haul I dont see him being a club legend. He may shine for a couple of seasons and then get fat on KFC and booze.

I would prefer Cavani anyday. Proven in Europe, skillful, physically strong and great in the air. We need more MUSCLE at Barca-we have enough small, skillful players why do we need another? We were best when we had guys like Yaya, Eto, Henry, Keita. Guys who were quick, strong with some muscle. Look at Alexis-gets bundled over so easily. Neymar will be the same.

Agreed. But as long as Messi will be at Barcelona we'll never have a starter like Cavani , Etoo or Ibra.
Neymar need space to do what he knows to do and when we face teams which park the bus, I'm not sure that he will help us a lot.

ShandyFFM

neymar will beast up our offense ..we will reach a new level with his pace and his tricks in the camp nou... we will get some passion back like ronaldinho who brought it back...and the best is if messi is missing neymar can fit in as false 9 perfect with his pace and controll. yet hes playing as such for santos in some games . santos game looks kind a familiar to ours... not exact but they are trying

Ronnie10

Let's face it, Tello has great potential, but right now, Neymar is miles ahead. He's 1 year younger, and has been an established player, an ace, more correctly, for both his club and the NT. He got much more play time, and that in turns help him even more in comparison to Tello.

His coming to Barca this summer is imminent - "Neymar will play at the Confederations Cup this summer and will then take a one-week holiday. He will travel to Barcelona on July 9 (to discuss his future)"

Fabregas was also established player for his club and NT. Hell he even played key roles in victorious Euro 2008 and WC 2010.
Neymar has high chance of flopping and that gonna hurt Barcelona a lot.

Agreed. But as long as Messi will be at Barcelona we'll never have a starter like Cavani , Etoo or Ibra.
Neymar need space to do what he knows to do and when we face teams which park the bus, I'm not sure that he will help us a lot.

True. What we need is a winger who can score. I cant really think of any player who can successfully fill into our wing. La Masia staff really needs to think about developing wingers.

Antimadridista1

images

cristiano-ronaldo-370-neymar-skinny-body-muscles.jpg

Anorexic ?
He needs to workout a little bit before coming in Barcelona.

F

Flavia

I don't remember you guys complainign about Cuenca's body build :p
Tello and Villa also have similar build.

Boris

It's not about being skinny, it's about strength, balance.. You don't see the Don falling around when the wind blows a little harder, nor Alba, Villa ...
Neymar is so fragile, I'm afraid of the day he gets on the same field against Pepe :lol:

Kerrybai

I don't remember you guys complainign about Cuenca's body build :p
Tello and Villa also have similar build.
It's a case of people nitpicking at everything in order to criticise Neymar. Next they will complain his feet are too small or his eyes arn't the right colour!

I think it's a case of people not wanting another short/physically weak player, since we have enough already :p

I wouldn't mind it too much though, the only area where we really need height/physical strength (IMO) is the defense.

I'm not sure if getting Neymar's the best idea, but that's for other reasons. Mainly because he's unproven and therefore a risk. And I'm not sure if he's worth the risk. Still though, he could be huge for us if we get him and the risk pays off. If we make a move for Neymar, I just hope we sort out our priorities first (CB and GK).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans