Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickykid

Erik Lamela : His play is still very mediocre ! Has energy to burn, but not the fastest! The Albiceleste are not stupid for capping just once 2 years ago

Luis Suarez : Horrible PR and never plays well on the wing. . . . If there's one word Suarez can't spell its "PASS" .

Sergio Aguero: Aguero as a winger? Lost a lot of speed under Mancini. . . Has a not so convincing history of injuries.

Reus: Would be the best fit. Been watching him since he was at Borussia Mönchengladbach. Skilfull, Fast and fearless. However i don't see it happening. Gotze, Hummels, Lewy all leaving. . You think they will let him go too, after just arriving? Maybe next season but not now. . . .

Muniain: Not too convinced. . . Has talent and is well proven, but has a very volatile form and personality (very Alba-ish). Perfectly fitted for RM quick give and go play. . . Not US (IMO).

Leo Baptistao : No need to give you reasons . . . . Its just not going to happen!

Fischer: Remember Eriksen? Big game choker 2.0. Never shows up at big games. . . Saw him play throughout the UCL. . . Wasn't exactly won over as a fan.

I know that you've already been corrected regarding Fischer - and rightly so - by jklz, but you've really got no clue what you're talking about, do you?
Eriksen has arguably been Ajax's stand-out performer in the ChL this season, and that in a group against the English and Spanish champions and this years ChL finalist; Dortmund.
His tally against those teams:

1 assist in the 1-4 loss at home to Los Merengues
1 assist and 1 goal in the 3-1 win at home against Man City
1 assist in the away draw against City
1 assist against Dormund when they lost 4-1 at home

Not exactly a bad haul, when you consider how much weaker a team Ajax is compared to those 3. And aside from the raw stats, he did play very well in the majority of the 6 games.

Last edited:

Galning

How did Ibra flop? It was a bad transfer but it isn't the player himself who "flopped". It's not his fault that he got benched in January after playing a great first half of the season :lol:

Anyway I find this discussion ridiculous and useless. There is no way to decide if Neymar will flop or not other than him coming here and play. Just because it didn't work out for player X doesn't mean it will be the same for every single Brazilian leaving South America.

LeoMessi10

How did Ibra flop? It was a bad transfer but it isn't the player himself who "flopped". It's not his fault that he got benched in January after playing a great first half of the season :lol:

Anyway I find this discussion ridiculous and useless. There is no way to decide if Neymar will flop or not other than him coming here and play. Just because it didn't work out for player X doesn't mean it will be the same for every single Brazilian leaving South America.
Exactly the point a few of us have been trying to make

Armando929

I think we need to change our tactics honestly. They're a bit stale now and teams have figured out how to play against us.

Maybe put Messi on the right, Neymar on the left, and have a big target striker in the middle. Otherwise, bringing in Neymar will just bring similar returns that we've had the past couple of seasons.

In midfield we should really start making way for Cesc too. Not that he should completely bench Xavi but he should begin to get more games in that position since he's here for the long haul and he's the one who's gonna take over whether anyone here likes it or not.

Kerrybai

I think we need to change our tactics honestly. They're a bit stale now and teams have figured out how to play against us.

Maybe put Messi on the right, Neymar on the left, and have a big target striker in the middle. Otherwise, bringing in Neymar will just bring similar returns that we've had the past couple of seasons.

In midfield we should really start making way for Cesc too. Not that he should completely bench Xavi but he should begin to get more games in that position since he's here for the long haul and he's the one who's gonna take over whether anyone here likes it or not.

I don't see Messi moving to the right, especially not under Tito. I don't think it makes sense anyway. What will be crucial for Neymar's success is how he operates off the ball, it's a part of our game that has been suffering badly at the moment.

B

Bob88

For instance Cristiano scored 3 goals while at Sporting Lisbon in 25 games but SAF took a risk and look at the results. I'm not saying every potential player will turn out as well as he has but if anyone has the potential its Neymar. He also has the potential to be a monumental flop but so does any player.

Cristiano had 17 years at the start of his only Sporting Lisbon season
Neymar is 21

Cristiano would probably have scored 20-30 Goals per Season at the age of 21 in Portuguese league

Ferguson signed him after Sporting:Man. Utd game in Lisbon
I remember watching that game on Tv back then. Cristiano was terorizing them for 90 Minutes. Man. Utd's defense had absolutely no idea how to stop that "kid".
The key word is "Man. Utd's defense, a defense who won Champions league 4 years earlier", not some random Brasilian league defense who gives you crazy amounts of space

Man. Utd's players later asked Ferguson to sign that kid because he was just out of this world that night (but he was already famous in the last few Months because of his skills)

Anyway, if someone maybe hasn't watch that game, here are a few highlights
A kid versus Champions league winners defense:

So, his 3 Goals are not exactly the same story as Neymar's story

** Plus, he was signed for "only" 15M euros
That is a gamble which all Barca fans would agree for Neymar and similar players

Neymar's gamble, on the other hand, will cost us 45M euros

So, it is not the same story/kind of a risk as in Ronaldo's story

Last edited:

psychotsek

With Tello ready to explode I think it would be better for him (Neymar,Brazil NT) and for the club to wait and get him after WC.

kollegah

Ibra flopped? :eek:, correct me, but didnt ibra have almost more goals in his "bad" season than pedro/alex/villa/tello combined?

barcanuck

Good arguments. Another thing I noticed is how even some Brazilians suggest that Neymar going to Barca could be a bad idea.

Last Match

The boy can dribble and boy can he draw a foul. He will pick us up alot of freekicks, penalties and draw cards! We could use some of that. The way he was crying at the end makes it feel like he's leaving Santos for sure.

fcbdna

Banned
Ibra flopped? :eek:, correct me, but didnt ibra have almost more goals in his "bad" season than pedro/alex/villa/tello combined?

Yeah he did flop big time. You know what they say the bigger they are the harder they fall. . Or should I say flop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans