Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie

Barca needs a world class defender, as well as an experienced, proven champions league striker. You guys don't need Neymar; you have Messi. What you do need, however, is a clinical, world class striker who can stand up to pressure and can put away chances. Someone like Falcao, Cavani or Lewandowski, who can immediately make an impact.

Any of those 3 would cost exactly as much as Neymar, or less. There's even Rooney, who is apparently available this summer at a cut-price (2 years left on contract and pushing his way out of the club). Rooney is a clutch player who makes things happen against the biggest clubs. 30 million for him? Why not.

Last edited:

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Barca needs a world class defender, as well as an experienced, proven champions league striker. You guys don't need Neymar; you have Messi. What you do need, however, is a clinical, world class striker who can stand up to pressure and can put away chances. Someone like Falcao, Cavani or Lewandowski, who can immediately make an impact.

Any of those 3 would cost exactly as much as Neymar, or less. There's even Rooney, who is apparently available this summer at a cut-price (2 years left on contract and pushing his way out of the club). Rooney is a clutch player who makes things happen against the biggest clubs. 30 million for him? Why not.
^^^^

khaled_a_d

Well ,as much as I would love having Cavani or Falcao ,fact is those guys won't fit beside Messi ,Messi is now our starting striker whether he is true or false 9

Co0ter

That'll only work if we start playing Messi on the RW; which most fans, especially here, are against. I've honestly always thought Cavani was over-rated, I see nothing special about him. He scores goals, but even then I'm not impressed. I think Lewandowski is great but perhaps a bit slow (static isn't the right word) for us. Falcao is exactly what we need if we were to play Messi on the wing. Exactly what we DONT NEED if we keep Messi as false 9.

jklz

Getting a 9 doesn't equal putting Messi on the wings, look at the Milan match. Villa played as a striker up front, Messi played behind him and Alves took care of the whole right flank. The same can be done with Alba on the left side for example.

Zincubus

Banned
I think it's perfect if we get 40 for Neymar by practically doing nothing.

If he comes to Barca, I see him sold for 10 to clubs like Napoli, Newcastle or Stuttgart in max 2 years.

Romario , Rivaldo and Ronaldino all reckon he's going to be the best in the world . I trust their judgement over yours unsurprisingly .

Hamzah

High Definition Member
They're all Brazilian they say that to I've him confidence and help the national team. I'd be willing o take a gamble (just as cesc was a gamble) but I understand others are cautious.

If we do what I've been saying or a while now and move messi to the wing then bring lewandowski. Can score goals with great link up and works in defence too. But I understand many want messi in the middle to get goal records at expense of trophies...l

Paganinisrvnge

Is Neymar the most hyped player of the past 10 years? It's ridiculous that his fans expect him to suddenly be as good as Messi if/when he joins Barcelona. There have been tons of players who showed amazing potential that just never cut it. We'll just have to wait and find out. I think he could either be a flop or a pretty good player but he'll never be as good as some people think he will be. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Kerrybai

They're all Brazilian they say that to I've him confidence and help the national team. I'd be willing o take a gamble (just as cesc was a gamble) but I understand others are cautious.

If we do what I've been saying or a while now and move messi to the wing then bring lewandowski. Can score goals with great link up and works in defence too. But I understand many want messi in the middle to get goal records at expense of trophies...l

Many of us want Messi in the middle for tactical reasons. Pep believed that moving Messi to the middle was good for him and the team and I trust in Pep's judgement.

Anyway why move him into the middle? Argentina play with a 9 while Messi plays in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans