Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

Opinions are like ar seholes, mate, we all have one!

Neither of you can present solid argument about how he will play in Europe - unless you have a DeLorean with flux capacitor secreted away somewhere!

Look...NONE of our comments about ANY player is worth the paper it's written on. The backroom team should KNOW who is good enough for Barca and who should be let go/sold.

We can have our fun on here suggesting players to go/to be bought...but at the end of the day, that's all we do.

We should remember that before we go rubbishing others' opinions. ;)

Agreed no one knows how he will perform in Europe but given his potential we would think he would perform well not the other way around and we have to question the doubters. He is Barcelona player now (if the reports about the signing is right), so we have to be positive and welcome the kid. I shy away from pessimistic people like Bob, they offer nothing but negativities.

0n0mat0p0eia

Agreed no one knows how he will perform in Europe but given his potential we would think he would perform well not the other way around and we have to question the doubters. He is Barcelona player now (if the reports about the signing is right), so we have to be positive and welcome the kid. I shy away from pessimistic people like Bob, they offer nothing but negativities.

I must admit there's a huge part of me wants to see how he does/ is willing him to be a huge success. There's also a part that thinks it's a helluva lot of money to invest on potential.

As long as we deal with the GK and the CB dilemmas we have as well, I will be well happy.

spring

DIS (that holds a 40 per cent share in Neymar): “The plan is to go to Barcelona because the contract is keeping him locked there,”---football-espana.net
"Neymar has told us that he wants to sign for Barca,"Santos vice president Rodrigues told SER Esports.

ShandyFFM

Cesc ruined the plan. It is because of Cesc that Thiago took the #11. But no worries, the numbers are up for grabs again. It's not permanent

he did start his career with no.7 right? guess messi10, cr 7, ronaldo 9, then they told neymar he should consider a different number for commercial reasons

LeoMessi10

NO. Fabregas is and will be our number 4 for a long time, he is a great player, fuck the haters.

Also, hello fellow Estonian :D
He's given us double digit goals and assists both years and people still say hes garbage. Yes he hasn't played up to his standards the second half of this year but he hardly ever plays his true role.

Henry_IB

Banned
Odilio (vice president Santos): "He has offers from other clubs too, but Neymar has told us that he only wants to join Barcelona." [ser]

Antimadridista1

Anyway, I think that everyone of us understood that he will play for Barcelona next season.
It would be a huge surprise if he left Santos for another club.

I'm looking forward to see the official annoucement from Barcelona.

BTW, a video made by Santos players before the return leg of the match against Corinthians sunday :

Last edited:

Stric

I'd put money on Neymar wearing the #7 shirt. There's no way they'll just take Thiago's number away and give it to Neymar. Unless maybe Thiago deliberately wants to take the #20 or some other that's now available. And LOL at the guys who say Cesc stole Thiago's #4. Preseason numbers mean nothing. During the preseason players will often wear shirts with no name and only numbers on them, and the numbers are usually 1-11 for the starting XI. During the preseason last summer, Deulofeu wore #7, Bartra #3, Sergi Roberto #6, JdS #8 etc. I don't see anyone barging in and claiming Xavi, Iniesta, Villa and Pique stole their numbers. The fact that Thiago wore the #4 in the preseason in between wearing #30 and Cesc's arrival means nothing. Get over yourselves.

Eetu

Adormit
I'd put money on Neymar wearing the #7 shirt. There's no way they'll just take Thiago's number away and give it to Neymar. Unless maybe Thiago deliberately wants to take the #20 or some other that's now available. And LOL at the guys who say Cesc stole Thiago's #4. Preseason numbers mean nothing. During the preseason players will often wear shirts with no name and only numbers on them, and the numbers are usually 1-11 for the starting XI. During the preseason last summer, Deulofeu wore #7, Bartra #3, Sergi Roberto #6, JdS #8 etc. I don't see anyone barging in and claiming Xavi, Iniesta, Villa and Pique stole their numbers. The fact that Thiago wore the #4 in the preseason in between wearing #30 and Cesc's arrival means nothing. Get over yourselves.

Cesc however acknowledged that #4 was already Thiago's and thanked him publicly for handing it over. Which I'd give Cesc credit for.

Stric

Cesc however acknowledged that #4 was already Thiago's and thanked him publicly for handing it over. Which I'd give Cesc credit for.

That's fine. And it was OK of him to do so. But still, it was just a preseason number. Even if Cesc wasn't bought that summer, I highly doubt Thiago would have worn the #4 in 2011/2012. He was still registered as a B team player up until that summer. Even Messi went from #30 to #19 to #10. Besides, if we're going to talk about who "deserves" to wear it, then it's neither of them, because neither of them is a #4-type of player. Busquets should have gotten it.

F

Flavia

Santos is trying to milk it even more. The last thing Odílio Rodrigues said is that Barça proposal didn't please the board. They want more money...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans