Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_bleed_blaugrana

You don't remember Pedro's beginning very well then...He was a hard worker, from the start, and played unselfishly...Pedro earned his playing time, he wasn't gifted anything.

Pedro benefitted a lot from Henry noticeably declining his 3rd year here and it was his electric pace and work rate that gave him his spot. Besides Pedro, pep didn't have too many other options to call upon and Pedro seized his chance.

I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to think that Deu would do the same if put in a similar situation

Butaan4barca

Its worse than the Cesc saga IMO.

+ Neymar and his fathers statements and Santos being really greedy. :lol:

Neymar and his father are actually helping barca. His father saying that he will stay at santos is in barca's favour. That just adds more pressure on santos and they will be thinkin of 20M loss over a year or so. I guess someone who saved of color printings is smart enough to underpay in such a situation is which, the players wants to join only barca, he has one year left of contract.

So the total value for him shouldn't exceed 30 million or so and santos being paid under around 10 m. That would be cracker of a deal. Probably will cover up for Eto-ibramovich swap.

Jadentheman

People weren't kidding he was getting frustrated in that match you could see it. He was also getting fouled like crazy and Santos is seriously garbage. But his passing is amazing and his ability to dictate speed of play (debatable)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Pedro benefitted a lot from Henry noticeably declining his 3rd year here and it was his electric pace and work rate that gave him his spot. Besides Pedro, pep didn't have too many other options to call upon and Pedro seized his chance.

I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to think that Deu would do the same if put in a similar situation

Sorry but you don't remember things accurately, at all...Pep was promoting or giving youth players a chance to shine whether it was Jeffren or Pedro...The biggest difference between Pedro & Deulofeu is workrate, had nothing to do with an in or out of form Titi...That is the reason why youth players got a chance under Pep, they worked their asses off...It's the reason Pedro was among the first to make it under Pep and his skills are why he lasted as long as he did...Deulofeu comes in with far more hype & expectation but if the workrate isn't there (And it hasn't up until this point with any consistency) then he will never achieve what even Pedro has

rafals

People weren't kidding he was getting frustrated in that match you could see it. He was also getting fouled like crazy and Santos is seriously garbage. But his passing is amazing and his ability to dictate speed of play (debatable)

I get frustrated too when I see Santos players wasting such brilliant passes. The one from 2:02 pretty much sums up this game. I was like "wow" when I saw this. Is he playing like that on a regular basis now? Because it's been a long time since I last saw him playing

Doobs

The Messiah
Pedro shined in the big matches, thats what truly cemented his place. He was scoring in Classico's and also scored the winning goal in the European super cup I believe. 2009 was a great year for him. He is nowhere near that good now.

Meitux

Pedro shined in the big matches, thats what truly cemented his place. He was scoring in Classico's and also scored the winning goal in the European super cup I believe. 2009 was a great year for him. He is nowhere near that good now.
yeah,its all about now,we shouldnt think the past and make it an excuse for now

i_bleed_blaugrana

Sorry but you don't remember things accurately, at all...Pep was promoting or giving youth players a chance to shine whether it was Jeffren or Pedro...The biggest difference between Pedro & Deulofeu is workrate, had nothing to do with an in or out of form Titi...That is the reason why youth players got a chance under Pep, they worked their asses off...It's the reason Pedro was among the first to make it under Pep and his skills are why he lasted as long as he did...Deulofeu comes in with far more hype & expectation but if the workrate isn't there (And it hasn't up until this point with any consistency) then he will never achieve what even Pedro has

Well I guess I'm just crazy then and obviously have no idea what I'm talking about. You seem to be the definitive expert on Barça since your recollection of a season 4 years ago is more accurate than mine...

All I'm saying is that I don't see any reason why if Deulofeu shows effort with his promotion, why he can't have the same chance that Pedro had. My old coach always told me "Hard work always beats talent unless talent works," and I can see Deu being better than Pedro, sorry if you disagree.

Also, not sure where you came up him not having a workrate. Even if he didn't on Barca B I'm sure having a lot to prove with the first team would improve his work rate overall.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Anyway, back on topic...

Liked what I saw from Neymar and my heart really went out for the guy. His team weren't helping him out at all and the ref wasn't protecting him at all, like a lot of those fouls on him were easily bookable offenses and I couldn't believe he wasn't helping him out more. It's sad how blatantly poor officiating is these days everywhere...

But despite all of this, I saw a guy playing his heart out, trying to singlehandedly will his team to victory and he showed grit and determination, something many overlook in his game. That fire, that hunger is exactly what we need.

On a technical note, I love how well he escapes pressure on the wing and uses his speed to accelerate into the center. That can be a bus killer as it completely draws defenders out and will open up space for others. His passes and crosses was exactly what Ronaldinho used to do...

Really hope we can get him for cheap too, honestly anything less than 25 mil is a steal.

PaCmAn

The Neymar love affair is getting boring now, Barca board need to concentrate on more important targets, CBs Gk and maybe a forward. Barca have Tello and Deulofeu, no need for Neymar, This drama won't be ending anytime soon, won't be surprised Neymar stays until 2014.

slvtn

Passing is awesome, but passing isn't really a big issue right now. Dictating the speed of the gameplay would be a good thing though, the team could need that more often. Especially in situations where the gameplay is pretty much predictable. Overall though, I'd much rather prefer keeping Alexis/Villa/Pedro or maybe sell one of them and rather invest in two CBs and a goalkeeper. Neymar is a very good and talented player, but right now he'd just be prestige for the club. A real striker/forward would provice more options as well. My two cents though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans