Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadentheman

Santos will still get money after Neymar's expiration date because of some Brazilian law. Flavia correct me if I am wrong. But if he leave as a free agent then Santos could possibly see money, but only if Neymar gives it to them because the money will go to Neymar. DIS won't see a dime though.

Neymar's image rights are the only thing preventing him from going to Barca right now. If Santos own most of his rights I doubt they wouldn't fight like they are right now

BTW posts like these piss me off. http://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/neymar-2012-and-beyond-r.1947573/page-29#post-27839442

Last edited:

rafals

Seriously, I'm not surprised that 20m for 100% of his rights got rejected, are you guys? But it seems that I was right before when I said that we always begin negotiations with ridiculously low prices :D

F

Flavia

Santos will still get money after Neymar's expiration date because of some Brazilian law. Flavia correct me if I am wrong. But if he leave as a free agent then Santos could possibly see money, but only if Neymar gives it to them because the money will go to Neymar. DIS won't see a dime though.

Neymar's image rights are the only thing preventing him from going to Barca right now. If Santos own most of his rights I doubt they wouldn't fight like they are right now

No. What happens when he contracts ends, is that santos gets nothing, and Neymar's agent(his dad) gets the transfer fee. for dis I don't know, but there's a piece on uol here saying they would get 20mi if Neymar goes as free agent.

Tomchin

Santos have turned down a €20m offer from Barça for Neymar. Barça offered €20m for 100% of his rights, not just the 55% [via Globo]
Weird, I thought I had always read that Barca's offer of 20M was for the 55%; it wouldn't make sense to only offer 20M for a player like Neymar in total (regardless whether he's in the last year of his contract)

mixer

The board of Brazilian club Santos has earlier decided not to accept a 20M bid by Barcelona for 55% of the rights of forward Neymar. [md]

Stric

If we're offering 20 mil for the entire transfer fee, then this whole story just got a lot more logical. Start low and, if necessary, work your way up... offering 20 mil for 40% of his rights is beyond stupid.

Tomchin

No. What happens when he contracts ends, is that santos gets nothing, and Neymar's agent(his dad) gets the transfer fee. for dis I don't know, but there's a piece on uol here saying they would get 20mi if Neymar goes as free agent.
Why would his agent get a "transfer fee", when he's out of contract? Are the rules different for free agents than in Europe?

Jadentheman

I am reading Bigsoccer forums as we speak. My goodness someone honestly thinks Neymar is worth 80M there and he shouldn't even leave Brazil. These people are delusional. I hope Rosell can hurry this up I am tired I hearing this nonsense day in day out.

F

Flavia

Uol(biggest br portal) reporting that santos board members have decided to wait for the confed cup and the transfer window opening, hoping more clubs will show interest in Neymar. They say only Barça have approached them so far.

Why would his agent get a "transfer fee", when he's out of contract? Are the rules different for free agents than in Europe?
Yes. Even players as free agents can demand a transfer fee.

I am reading Bigsoccer forums as we speak. My goodness someone honestly thinks Neymar is worth 80M there and he shouldn't even leave Brazil. These people are delusional. I hope Rosell can hurry this up I am tired I hearing this nonsense day in day out.
If rosell wants him, he'll have to pay the 50mi. Or wait 6 months, when Neymar will be able to sign a pre-contract with whoever he wants, and wait to get him next season. The fee will only be lower if Neymar put pressure, but as his dad said they're in no hurry, not gonna happen. That's what I think.

Paganinisrvnge

BTW posts like these piss me off. http://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/neymar-2012-and-beyond-r.1947573/page-29#post-27839442

I saw a post in that thread and have seen posts on here claiming that Neymar is the most marketable player in the world. How can anyone say that with a straight face? He is not even close to Messi or Ronaldo for that matter in terms of popularity. If he does something at the world club and succeeds in Europe then sure but until then he's just popular in Brazil and somewhat known throughout the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans