Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

oz187

Yes. Even players as free agents can demand a transfer fee.
Maybe, but they may just negotiate a high wage rather than a cut of the transfer fee.

In terms of how much he is worth, there's a bunch of factors. First of all it depends on who he is willing to sign for, at which point it would be the highest bidder. If he only wants to Barca then his value is whatever Barca offer.

Second of all it depends on his contract. He only has one year left at which point he becomes a free agent. This will likely mean that Santos do not get a transfer fee. They may be entitled to some compensation, but that would likely be based on something like his annual salary so it probably would be relatively low. The third party ownership may also expire at the same time as his contract ends, depends on the contract.

It's a lot of unknowns, it may be that next season he would be free. In that case a typical valuation for him is likely around 20-30M. That's what the likes of Eto'o and Van Persie were valued at with one year on their contract. If Santos or DIS get some compensation next year his value would go up relative to that.

DIS are probably desperate to sell him this year since they likely don't get any benefit from him staying. Santos on the other hand can benefit from him playing and things like higher attendances because of him. Simply put, if Santos think they can earn more money by keeping him than selling him, they'll keep him. That's the number Barca need to beat to get them to agree to sell.

Neymar would liekly benefit from as low a transfer fee as possible because it would mean he could get a higher wage.

Kerrybai

Maybe, but they may just negotiate a high wage rather than a cut of the transfer fee.

In terms of how much he is worth, there's a bunch of factors. First of all it depends on who he is willing to sign for, at which point it would be the highest bidder. If he only wants to Barca then his value is whatever Barca offer.

Second of all it depends on his contract. He only has one year left at which point he becomes a free agent. This will likely mean that Santos do not get a transfer fee. They may be entitled to some compensation, but that would likely be based on something like his annual salary so it probably would be relatively low. The third party ownership may also expire at the same time as his contract ends, depends on the contract.

It's a lot of unknowns, it may be that next season he would be free. In that case a typical valuation for him is likely around 20-30M. That's what the likes of Eto'o and Van Persie were valued at with one year on their contract. If Santos or DIS get some compensation next year his value would go up relative to that.

DIS are probably desperate to sell him this year since they likely don't get any benefit from him staying. Santos on the other hand can benefit from him playing and things like higher attendances because of him. Simply put, if Santos think they can earn more money by keeping him than selling him, they'll keep him. That's the number Barca need to beat to get them to agree to sell.

Neymar would liekly benefit from as low a transfer fee as possible because it would mean he could get a higher wage.

'Figures published by Santos in May show that since the man with South America’s most famous Mohican broke into the first team in 2009, turnover went up by 168 percent, reaching £60.1 million last year.'

'Santos know they are living on borrowed time, but are also keen to make hay while the sun shines. As well as putting more bums on seats (gate receipts rose by virtually 100% between 2009-10), the Mohican has also attracted investors and the club claims their sponsorship income ballooned by a mouthwatering 438% in the 2010-2012 period.'

http://www.pitch.co.uk/blog/the-neymar-effect-how-a-bad-barnet-keeps-the-tills-ringing-in-brazil/

Antimadridista1

Hey guys !

If Neymar really wanted to join us and only us , I think that our staff would be a smart and be waiting till next summer .
If they pay so much money, it means that the rumours about City and Real Madrid trying to convince him to join them are true ...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
According to Brazilian media, Neymar want the deal completed before Tuesday when he is joining Brazil's training camp...

Stric

In other words he's worth a lot. Same thing will happen to Barca with him headlining too

Are you trolling..? Of course it won't. Surely Barca will profit from him, too, to some extent, but Neymar means incomparably more to Santos than he will to Barca. FFS, Barca has Lionel freaking Messi. Then Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas, Pique, etc. A bunch of superstars. Neymar couldn't have such influence even if he was coming to a club where he'd be the biggest star, let alone to a club where he'll have several players "above" himself.

Last edited:

oz187

'Figures published by Santos in May show that since the man with South America’s most famous Mohican broke into the first team in 2009, turnover went up by 168 percent, reaching £60.1 million last year.'

That's turnover of 70M euros. How much would it fall by selling him? How much do they pay him in wages? I reckon it'll probably end up between 25-30M total for him. I don't see Rosell overpaying much, he's been pretty strong in all his buying negotiations so far.

Kerrybai

That's turnover of 70M euros. How much would it fall by selling him? How much do they pay him in wages? I reckon it'll probably end up between 25-30M total for him. I don't see Rosell overpaying much, he's been pretty strong in all his buying negotiations so far.

He makes about 11 million a year but most of that is advertising and according to the article they matched a 55k a week offer a good while back. Maybe that has increased since.

Kerrybai

Are you trolling..? Of course it won't. Surely Barca will profit from him, too, to some extent, but Neymar means incomparably more to Santos than he will to Barca. FFS, Barca has Lionel freaking Messi. Then Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas, Pique, etc. A bunch of superstars. Neymar couldn't have such influence even if he was coming to a club where he'd be the biggest star, let alone to a club where he'll have several players "above" himself.

I don't think Xavi, Fabregas etc add much to us commercially. I could be wrong but consider Fabregas. Was there a big swell of interest in Asia from us adding another Spanish star to a team with an abundance of Spanish world cup winners? Would Mata boost out profile internationally? Not really imo.

Neymar is a young Brazilian star with whacky haircuts. Kids love that shit. Personality, charisma etc all make a huge difference when marketing a player. Beckham is a prime example.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
NOTE: Not sure whether Agencia News is reliable or not.

NEYMAR UPDATE - Santos accepts Barça's offer but Neymar Sr. wanted €5M for him which stalled the deal. [Agencia News]

khaled_a_d

Even if other teams offer more money, if Neymar refuses then no deal. So that doesn't matter. He won't go to another club.

He only wants Barca. We lose nothing if he comes next season.

Is he?because it seems to me we are just his favorite option but not the only option
If barca didn't give them a real good offer while a team like man city ,Chelsea or even RM does ,I doubt he will block the move

Stric

I don't think Xavi, Fabregas etc add much to us commercially. I could be wrong but consider Fabregas. Was there a big swell of interest in Asia from us adding another Spanish star to a team with an abundance of Spanish world cup winners? Would Mata boost out profile internationally? Not really imo.

Neymar is a young Brazilian star with whacky haircuts. Kids love that shit. Personality, charisma etc all make a huge difference when marketing a player. Beckham is a prime example.

Thats true. Good point. But fine, even if you ignore Fabregas, there's still Iniesta and Messi ahead. Ignore Iniesta, as well. Messi. Lionel freaking Messi. Messi is still by far our most marketable player. He's not a cool guy with wacky haircuts, but at his level, he doesn't need it to be "a bestseller". Neymar is very marketable, no doubt about that, but he cannot have the same influence (in terms of marketing or football) on Barcelona that he has on Santos with guys like Messi around. Even if Messi (and the others I've mentioned) weren't here, he still wouldn't have the same influence (although he'd be the biggest star) because Barca is a bigger club than Santos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans