Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Thats true. Good point. But fine, even if you ignore Fabregas, there's still Iniesta and Messi ahead. Ignore Iniesta, as well. Messi. Lionel freaking Messi. Messi is still by far our most marketable player. He's not a cool guy with wacky haircuts, but at his level, he doesn't need it to be "a bestseller". Neymar is very marketable, no doubt about that, but he cannot have the same influence (in terms of marketing or football) on Barcelona that he has on Santos with guys like Messi around. Even if Messi (and the others I've mentioned) weren't here, he still wouldn't have the same influence (although he'd be the biggest star) because Barca is a bigger club than Santos.

The whole idea of how marketable a player is based on many things and ability is one of them.

The studies think that Neymar will be the most marketable athlete in the world, not just footballer. His individual streak, personality and the fact he is a brazilian with the world cup coming up over there.

Whether you agree with it or not they believe that he will be the most marketable footballer in the world these next few years.

Yaya

NOTE: Not sure whether Agencia News is reliable or not.

NEYMAR UPDATE - Santos accepts Barça's offer but Neymar Sr. wanted €5M for him which stalled the deal. [Agencia News]

Certainly believable.

Santos and the agency holding 40% have no reason to stall this much longer. Barcelona are the only player left since Neymar doesn't want to play elsewhere. If I understand everything correctly Santos would get nothing next summer since Neymar's contract is running out and the agency would get only half of what Sandro is offering now.

Rosell is a smart negotiator and I don't really understand all the fear that Neymar will cost the fortune. Every SINGLE transfer in Rosell's era with exception of Sanchez was either a bargain or a fair market price. You don't see any Hleb, Chygrynskiy, Keirrison, Henrique, Cáceres shit with Rosell.

I bet Rosell gets Neymar for less than 40M with all combined(10M already paid and the share for his father)

Jadentheman

Is Neymar honestly worth 80M or more? I am asking everyone on this forum. Personally I don't think so. This has nothing to do with the transfer, but rather the fact now two people (brazilians) have said that Neymar is worth 80M or more USD.

B

beautifulgame

Certainly believable.

Santos and the agency holding 40% have no reason to stall this much longer. Barcelona are the only player left since Neymar doesn't want to play elsewhere. If I understand everything correctly Santos would get nothing next summer since Neymar's contract is running out and the agency would get only half of what Sandro is offering now.

Rosell is a smart negotiator and I don't really understand all the fear that Neymar will cost the fortune. Every SINGLE transfer in Rosell's era with exception of Sanchez was either a bargain or a fair market price. You don't see any Hleb, Chygrynskiy, Keirrison, Henrique, Cáceres shit with Rosell.

I bet Rosell gets Neymar for less than 40M with all combined(10M already paid and the share for his father)

This.

If Sandro can do anything, it's handle money.

F

Frejsgodes

Is Neymar honestly worth 80M or more? I am asking everyone on this forum. Personally I don't think so. This has nothing to do with the transfer, but rather the fact now two people (brazilians) have said that Neymar is worth 80M or more USD.
Not even close.

Only Ronaldo and Messi are worth that much.

oz187

His value is a guess. Let's say Barca buy him. Best case scenario is in a couple of years time he starts rivalling Messi for the Balon D'or. He breaks the records for marketing appeal. Barca make over 200M in profit on him over a 10 year period. Worst case scenario is he struggles and Barca offload him for 20M or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans