Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrybai

His value is a guess. Let's say Barca buy him. Best case scenario is in a couple of years time he starts rivalling Messi for the Balon D'or. He breaks the records for marketing appeal. Barca make over 200M in profit on him over a 10 year period. Worst case scenario is he struggles and Barca offload him for 20M or so.

+1 it is impossible to say.

Barca8

Neither Tello or Delofeu are anywhere near the class of Neymar.

It is that simple.

LOL Please...
We need wingers who can beat their man and shoot/pass... Both Tello and Deulofeu do that without all the mohawks and bullshit fancy moves. Guess what, they don't cost 60 mill either!
What could have Tello done this year to progress further? We'll never know because Tito doesn't have the guts to change anything besides sticking to Pep's leftovers.

Pepe Silvia

I think Neymar has twice the marketing potential as Messi. Talent wise, it's no contest, but when you want commercials personality goes a long way, and Messi has none. Every commercial I've ever seen Messi in I'm bored to death and he speaks a total of three words. With Neymar, the sky's the limit. He's got the flashy, magnetic in front of camera type of personality that sells. Messi is marketable because he is the GOAT and nothing more.

El Guaje

LOL Please...
We need wingers who can beat their man and shoot/pass... Both Tello and Deulofeu do that without all the mohawks and bullshit fancy moves. Guess what, they don't cost 60 mill either!
What could have Tello done this year to progress further? We'll never know because Tito doesn't have the guts to change anything besides sticking to Pep's leftovers.

Neymar
Shoot? Check
Pass? Check
Dribble players? Check

Mohawks & fancy moves, what does that got to do with anything?

What has Deulofeu done in the first team? Exactly nothing lololol.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
:lol:

It's only because it's a Japanese commercial.

Jaden, who is Santos playing and how good are they? Also, do you have a stream?

Kerrybai

I think Neymar has twice the marketing potential as Messi. Talent wise, it's no contest, but when you want commercials personality goes a long way, and Messi has none. Every commercial I've ever seen Messi in I'm bored to death and he speaks a total of three words. With Neymar, the sky's the limit. He's got the flashy, magnetic in front of camera type of personality that sells. Messi is marketable because he is the GOAT and nothing more.

Bland yes but I still love him in commercials , it must be the GOAT effect.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Thanks man, I'll watch it for a bit.

This game is hilarious already! I need to watch Brazilian league more! :lol:

Last edited:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!

I always wondered why Neymar is such a marketable figure... To me he seems like a skinny guy with a punchable face and feeble personality...

I agree Messi has the charisma of a brick wall and him being the best out there is the only reason why he gets so many publicity contracts... Iniesta, as good as a player he is, doesn't get marketed as much because he's not the greatest and he's just as boring as Messi, hahaha... However, I don't see anything about Neymar either...

For example, Ronaldo is an arrogant idiot who also has a punchable face and over the top haircuts, but he appeals to a part of the female consumers and to young kids who like football... He also has the stereotypical appearance of a professional athlete which can send an unmistakable image of health and success to non-sport crowds... In my opinion, Neymar has neither of those, so I'm left wondering what's so special about his image...

Kerrybai

I always wondered why Neymar is such a marketable figure... To me he seems like a skinny guy with a punchable face and feeble personality...

I agree Messi has the charisma of a brick wall and him being the best out there is the only reason why he gets so many publicity contracts... Iniesta, as good as a player he is, doesn't get marketed as much because he's not the greatest and he's just as boring as Messi, hahaha... However, I don't see anything about Neymar either...

For example, Ronaldo is an arrogant idiot who also has a punchable face and over the top haircuts, but he appeals to a part of the female consumers and to young kids who like football... He also has the stereotypical appearance of a professional athlete which can send an unmistakable image of health and success to non-sport crowds... In my opinion, Neymar has neither of those, so I'm left wondering what's so special about his image...

You answered your question there. Kids love Neymar.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Neymar has been meh so far, hasn't been able to get the ball where he wants it or often enough. He's been pretty good at taking corners/crossing though.

Pepe Silvia

I can see a lot of teenie girls really picking up on the Neymar hype. He kind of has that rapper swag, if you will. And we all know that most rappers aren't the best looking bunch but some seem to get loads of attention for what they do. Same deal.

I see Neymar as a walking commercial. Every time he does a fancy flick, sombrero or juke, it looks sensational and has potential to make companies millions. People want to be that guy. Messi, in all his unprecedented brilliance does not have that type of flare or charisma, so he's much more limited in that respect to say CR. It also helps that Neymar is a Brazilian. In United States in particular, people love Pele and have this absurd notion that anything Brazilian or with fancy tricks must be good. Pretty hard to believe, but it's true. Huge marketing potential, you understand. It's weird but a lot of people here probably don't even know who Maradona is. I didn't before I started following football... but I knew who Pele was.

So bad boy looks (teenie girls) + fancy moves (young players aspirations) + Brazilian samba flare (A la Ronaldinho/Pele) = $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans