Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
You answered your question there. Kids love Neymar.

Oh really? Well, I honestly didn't know that... But the same could be said about Messi, right?

I can see a lot of teenie girls really picking up on the Neymar hype. He kind of has that rapper swag, if you will. And we all know that most rappers aren't the best looking bunch but some seem to get loads of attention for what they do. Same deal.

I see Neymar as a walking commercial. Every time he does a fancy flick, sombrero or juke, it looks sensational and has potential to make companies millions. People want to be that guy. Messi, in all his unprecedented brilliance does not have that type of flare or charisma, so he's much more limited in that respect to say CR. It also helps that Neymar is a Brazilian. In United States in particular, people love Pele and have this absurd notion that anything Brazilian or with fancy tricks must be good. Pretty hard to believe, but it's true. Huge marketing potential, you understand. It's weird but a lot of people here probably don't even know who Maradona is. I didn't before I started following football... but I knew who Pele was.

So bad boy looks (teenie girls) + fancy moves (young players aspirations) + Brazilian samba flare (A la Ronaldinho/Pele) = $$$

Well, go figure... Pele played in the US for the NY team if I remember correctly, so maybe that's why they remember him...

As a funny story, once I was at the US and met some random guy who asked me where I was from, so when I replied: "Colombia", he went crazy and said: "Fuck yeah! Maradona, man!", hahahaha! True story...

SoMa

I don't get it. how can Santos just be fine owning a percent of Neymar? Why can't Barcelona do the same and just buy the share Santos has and if Neymar doesnt flop, get the rest? Falcao is also owned by a 3rd party and Atletico, so its not like its not allowed in Spain.

Jadentheman

Santos is garbage, this team makes me laugh. Neymar wide open after a teammate steals the ball away from the opposing GK outside the box. Teammate makes pointless cross and ruins an opportunity. The goal was defenseless

I don't get it. how can Santos just be fine owning a percent of Neymar? Why can't Barcelona do the same and just buy the share Santos has and if Neymar doesnt flop, get the rest? Falcao is also owned by a 3rd party and Atletico, so its not like its not allowed in Spain.

hmm..you might be on to something

EDIT: REALLY!!? Alexis like miss right there. Shit teammates

Santoos wins by aggregate of one

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest

Very good point :worthy:

FCBMESSI10

A recent commercial with Messi.

Just saying.

I think Messi has a lot of Marketability power. Whether or not he has the personality, he's the best player in the world and that holds a lot of value.

It will be interesting to see how Neymar will compete marketability wise against Messi.

Povikas

Brandon

It might be that Rosell intends to sell him in a few years for a colossal amount of money and get the 100% of it :rosell:

Barca8

I think Neymar has twice the marketing potential as Messi. Talent wise, it's no contest, but when you want commercials personality goes a long way, and Messi has none. Every commercial I've ever seen Messi in I'm bored to death and he speaks a total of three words. With Neymar, the sky's the limit. He's got the flashy, magnetic in front of camera type of personality that sells. Messi is marketable because he is the GOAT and nothing more.

Really? This is what makes you want a player? So you can see him in commercials?
You guys sure you're not Sandro's puppets here to generate more hype?

Neymar
Shoot? Check
Pass? Check
Dribble players? Check

Mohawks & fancy moves, what does that got to do with anything?

What has Deulofeu done in the first team? Exactly nothing lololol.

LOL and what has Neymar done?
HE DOESN'T EVEN PLAY FOOTBALL IN EUROPE! Deu playing for Barca B is already more of an accomplishment :rofl1:

Probably because Sandro doesn't want to share the profits, whatever they may be. I'm assuming Santos and whoever else all share a slice of the Neymar pie. Sandro wants it all for himself so he's willing to pay 60 mil on an unproven player.

The problem aside from his eminent arrival is that he needs to be an instant success. If he isn't then we go back to No Plan B, relying on Messi and this season repeating itself.

Last edited:

Jadentheman

LOL and what has Neymar done?
HE DOESN'T EVEN PLAY FOOTBALL IN EUROPE! Deu playing for Barca B is already more of an accomplishment :rofl1:

No offense to Barca B and Deu, but Neymar has been playing first team ball since 2009. Where was Deulo then...oh yeah still learning in youth camp. Neymar been doing well in Brasiliero serie A and Senior national team for quite a few years. Let's not let bias cloud your judgement. Aside from most of Paulista ( I will admit is mostly trash), the Brasiliero and subsequent Copa Libertadores has provided excellent competition for NeyGOAT. Not to mention he did all his ridiculous tricks on too

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Unfair to compare Deulofeu to Neymar, IMO...Gerard is a full 2 years younger and hasn't faced the sort of competition Neymar has and in Deulo's defense, he's dominated every level he's played

hl3e8xyn.gif

Barca8

No offense to Barca B and Deu, but Neymar has been playing first team ball since 2009. Where was Deulo then...oh yeah still learning in youth camp. Neymar been doing well in Brasiliero serie A and Senior national team for quite a few years. Let's not let bias cloud your judgement. Aside from most of Paulista ( I will admit is mostly trash), the Brasiliero and subsequent Copa Libertadores has provided excellent competition for NeyGOAT. Not to mention he did all his ridiculous tricks on too

and what's inspiring your judgement? Why are you so sure that this is the guy who will bring us back to the top of Europe, especially when he hasn't ever played a match there? All the Neymar fan boys forget that Messi the GOAT is from the Barcelona youth camp, like Deulofeu. Players like Tello, Deu, Cuenca are born and bred in the Barcelona system and already are set to play. I'm sure if Pep was still manager these 3 would feature a lot more especially this last year. At the time Villa, Messi, Pedro and Alexis were playing well so there was no need to instantly promote them. But with Messidependencia I'm sure the youth players would have had more time.

So far other than "marketability" and other corporate goon responses I haven't read one legit reason why Neymar needs to play for Barcelona. All I see is.. Neymar sponsored by Nike, Barcelona also sponsored by Nike, Sandro former marketing rep for Nike = $$$$ for Nike
There's a lot of other really great young FW's we could buy with what we'll pay for 1 Neymar.

Barca8

Unfair to compare Deulofeu to Neymar, IMO...Gerard is a full 2 years younger and hasn't faced the sort of competition Neymar has and in Deulo's defense, he's dominated every level he's played

hl3e8xyn.gif

Here's a nice vid to go with that gif

Jadentheman

and what's inspiring your judgement? Why are you so sure that this is the guy who will bring us back to the top of Europe, especially when he hasn't ever played a match there? All the Neymar fan boys forget that Messi the GOAT is from the Barcelona youth camp, like Deulofeu. Players like Tello, Deu, Cuenca are born and bred in the Barcelona system and already are set to play. I'm sure if Pep was still manager these 3 would feature a lot more especially this last year. At the time Villa, Messi, Pedro and Alexis were playing well so there was no need to instantly promote them. But with Messidependencia I'm sure the youth players would have had more time.

So far other than "marketability" and other corporate goon responses I haven't read one legit reason why Neymar needs to play for Barcelona. All I see is.. Neymar sponsored by Nike, Barcelona also sponsored by Nike, Sandro former marketing rep for Nike = $$$$ for Nike
There's a lot of other really great young FW's we could buy with what we'll pay for 1 Neymar.

Of course Messi is GOAT and of course he's from the youth teams as well. But when you said that Deulo being on Barca B was a bigger achievement than anything Neymar has done, I had to call you out. Neymar has achieved more and been playing at a higher level than Deulo since 2009. Neymar has been with the senior Brazil team since 2011. Deulo just got called up to the first team and he hasn't even been called up to the senior Spain national team yet.

I also have to say that first division brasiliero is miles better then segunda division la liga. Come on now lettuce be real tea here. I am not taking away from Deulofeu's abilities, just stating facts.

Last edited:

Barca8

Of course Messi is GOAT and of course he's from the youth teams as well. But when you said that Deulo being on Barca B was a bigger achievement than anything Neymar has done, I had to call you out. Neymar has achieved more and been playing at a higher level than Deulo since 2009. Neymar has been with the senior Brazil team since 2011. Deulo just got called up to the first team and he hasn't even been called up to the senior Spain national team yet.

I also have to say that first division brasiliero is miles better then segunda division la liga. Come on now lettuce be real tea here. I am not taking away from Deulofeu's abilities, just stating facts.

Fair enough... I was being as sarcastic as Guaje with that response.

But what are your thoughts of my last post? Why is Neymar the player Barcelona needs.
As far as the Brazil NT let's be honest they haven't been so hot the last 8 or 9 years. It's not that hard to get on that team at the moment. Who are they're strikers? Pato? Hulk?

Povikas

Brandon

hl3e8xyn.gif

+1

Lets not compare them, lets feature both of them in the near future in our starting XI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans