Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

barca7788

Nepali Cule
At RM he only would get 50% of his image-rights though apparently (at Barca 100%). So that somehow evens it out.
then im totally unhappy with this transfer. the only thing i was convinced about was the growth of our economy with his image-rights.

Mr Hulot

You guys are kind of missing the point. There are very few players on this planet as marketable as Neymar

No. I think that you are missing the point, marketability cannot play football. I couldn't care less if the kids love to buy Neymar dolls. I recently read that Beckham is still the best paid footballer. I don't want him either to come out of retirement to play for us.

89Norcal

Some journos are throwing around the 100m euro RM offer, wasn't that months ago..

No. I think that you are missing the point, marketability cannot play football. I couldn't care less if the kids love to buy Neymar dolls. I recently read that Beckham is still the best paid footballer. I don't want him either to come out of retirement to play for us.

Doesn't matter...cash generated from having marketing rights to his image and name will benefit the club, future transfers, merchandising, the youth system, revenue, etc etc as a whole so long as the board utilizes profits wisely. Neymar isn't just some class German or Spanish player, he has the potential to become his own brand.

Football is not ALL about what happens on the pitch, especially in Spain of all places...

edit: pretty sure Beckham is highest paid due to his own advertisement income stream..not club paid salary.

Last edited:

PaCmAn

@barcastuff: Neymar's agent says Neymar has made a decision and that he prepares to make an announcement today, possibly at press conference. [via lance]

Yaya

I think this could be a plausible explanation:

Santos own 55% of Neymar and Barca are reported to have paid 28mil to them.
Thus total transfer fee of 28mil/0.55 = 50.9mil.

where the remaining amount of (50.9-28) = 22.9 mil goes to the 3rd party owners.

Salary of 7mil/yr is independent of the 50 mil transfer fee.

They are not paying 50M for the guy with one year left on his deal. What in earth in SR's tenure suggests the opposite? This guy knows how to make smart and financially responsible transfers.

It will probably be 20-30 M(friendles and bonuses included)+10M paid last summer.

89Norcal

They are not paying 50M for the guy with one year left on his deal. What in earth in SR's tenure suggests the opposite? This guy knows how to make smart and financially responsible transfers.

It will probably be 20-30 M(friendles and bonuses included)+10M paid last summer.

According to what we've heard, that's pretty much exactly what it is.

"Nike" Rosell is a shrewd businessman.

F

Flavia

He won't be cr back up. If the image rights are 100% for him, he's surely coming to Barca.

BarcaGirl

Ribeiro (agent): "Neymar has decided, he's happy. When he and Santos talk, you'll understand everything. He made the best decision." [lance]

Ribeiro (agent): "If I'd have a son, I'd want him to play for Madrid. But Neymar is my client, and I have to do what's best for him" [lance]

Wambo

@BrazilStats: It's not official but the agreement is there, so literally the deal is done. Just waiting for official confirmation..

1108.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans