Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ammarfcb

ze special one
He's actually a plenty good prospect, I seriously don't have much against his game. He's going to be good. I don't like him, because like most top tier Brazilian forward prospects he's a showboater with an attitude issue, but he should at least reach Robinho levels.

The hatred comes from, besides the hair, the hyperbole and the fact that I see him on the front cover of every football site every day and I'm sick of it. He's still young but he's not that good yet, he's coming off an unexceptional season for Santos and the Brazilian NT, and while he might have been the best player on the Libertadores winning Santos team, that team was absurdly stacked with talent. There's a reason he's in no rush to run away, those cunts at Santos are loaded.

But right now he should be compared more to a Robinho or Sanchez than a Messi or Ronaldinho.

Also, can everyone stop responding to Viva for a bit? I have a migraine and I'm not in the mood to play along.

his hair just not helping him. and i agree i see a robinho in him. comparing him to likes of messi etc isn't helping him (*cough* pele).

and viva a leave you with duckface ronaldo questioning if he will ever be remembered as an all time legend. or if history will only remember the genius of messi,xavi etc
Cristiano_Ronaldo24.jpg

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
He's actually a plenty good prospect, I seriously don't have much against his game. He's going to be good. I don't like him, because like most top tier Brazilian forward prospects he's a showboater with an attitude issue, but he should at least reach Robinho levels.

The hatred comes from, besides the hair, the hyperbole and the fact that I see him on the front cover of every football site every day and I'm sick of it. He's still young but he's not that good yet, he's coming off an unexceptional season for Santos and the Brazilian NT, and while he might have been the best player on the Libertadores winning Santos team, that team was absurdly stacked with talent. There's a reason he's in no rush to run away, those cunts at Santos are loaded.

But right now he should be compared more to a Robinho or Sanchez than a Messi or Ronaldinho.

Also, can everyone stop responding to Viva for a bit? I have a migraine and I'm not in the mood to play along.

I think part of all the Brazilian hype is just the need for them to have a 'face' for their national team, they desperately need a Brazilian Messi figure.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
He's not even the best Brazilian in their national team so how can he be their messi?!

Well, going by Messi's current national form he doesn't really have to be does he? ;)

That wasn't what I meant, when I said the 'Messi' figure I meant that 'once in lifetime young talent that will become the heir to Pele/Maradona's throne' figure.

They desperately need to find the Brazilian equivalent of Messi in that sense. They tried hard with Robinho and Pato, and now even harder with Neymar...

DucdeOrléans

It's not exactly a secret that I have been the most vocal supporter of Neymar on this forum (probably) but this does not mean that I can't be objective.

I wrote some detailed posts about his behaviour, (which has not been a problem overall) and mentioned his controversies as well. (I think thsoe posts can be found between page 40-50).

First of all, I doubt that El Confidencials rumour is truth. That said there is no doubt that FC Barcelona are leading the race right now. This has always been my stance even when Estadao started reporting about his imminent move to Franco Madrid in the middle of September. There are many reasons for that (which also have been reported in both the Brazilian and Spanish press). One of the few are Rosell (who has the best control of the Brazilian football market together with AC Milan (especially their scouting system in that case), Neymar's constant praise of FCB, Alves's close friendship with Neymar (they are apparently really good friends) and Rosell's excellent friendship with Ribeiro.

About his behaviour and character. Those who have actually followed him would know that his past few controversies are behind him and have been that for a relatively long period.

Yes, he will need to change his playing style a bit, workout more and improve his work ethic (when he actually bothers to defend he is quite good at it and there is no doubt in my mind that he would be able to implement that aspect to his game relatively quickly).

Apart from those weaknesses his talent is really big and he is pretty much a complete player (as complete as you can be when you are 19 years old in terms of abilities of course)

To make it short, I find it hard to see why we should not be interested and who could do a potentially better job than him on the long run (I am also in favour of buying Neymar because he is very young and could last a long time in our club, unlike many of our recent buys (such as Henry, Villa, Ibra). Would like more Eto'o, Ronaldinho and Sánchez purchases (meaning very talented youngster who can potentially become world class players and who have proven their worth in their clubs instead of world class players who have 2-3 years left at the highest level)

Well this was not as short as I would have liked to, so apologies.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
It's not exactly a secret that I have been the most vocal supporter of Neymar on this forum (probably) but this does not mean that I can't be objective.

I wrote some detailed posts about his behaviour, (which has not been a problem overall) and mentioned his controversies as well. (I think thsoe posts can be found between page 40-50).

First of all, I doubt that El Confidencials rumour is truth. That said there is no doubt that FC Barcelona are leading the race right now. This has always been my stance even when Estadao started reporting about his imminent move to Franco Madrid in the middle of September. There are many reasons for that (which also have been reported in both the Brazilian and Spanish press). One of the few are Rosell (who has the best control of the Brazilian football market together with AC Milan (especially their scouting system in that case), Neymar's constant praise of FCB, Alves's close friendship with Neymar (they are apparently really good friends) and Rosell's excellent friendship with Ribeiro.

About his behaviour and character. Those who have actually followed him would know that his past few controversies are behind him and have been that for a relatively long period.

Yes, he will need to change his playing style a bit, workout more and improve his work ethic (when he actually bothers to defend he is quite good at it and there is no doubt in my mind that he would be able to implement that aspect to his game relatively quickly).

Apart from those weaknesses his talent is really big and he is pretty much a complete player (as complete as you can be when you are 19 years old in terms of abilities of course)

To make it short, I find it hard to see why we should not be interested and who could do a potentially better job than him on the long run (I am also in favour of buying Neymar because he is very young and could last a long time in our club, unlike many of our recent buys (such as Henry, Villa, Ibra). Would like more Eto'o, Ronaldinho and Sánchez purchases (meaning very talented youngster who can potentially become world class players and who have proven their worth in their clubs instead of world class players who have 2-3 years left at the highest level)

Well this was not as short as I would have liked to, so apologies.

I totally agree, people should stop believing everything they read about him and realise he's only 19. This kid is going to be a phenomenon and I for one look foward to seeing him at Barca.

Caramel

So you're admitting La Liga sucks :p

No. It's just that the Brazilian league is bigger. Common Knowledge.
+ Neymar has 22 goals for 10 assists ( for 2011). Like I said Neymar>Villa.Everyone with a brain agrees with me :facepalm: .Even his haircut is better. :thumbsup2:

Pheco , sorry , man , gotta say the truth :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans