Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
while I think the flair-levels in Pep's teams are often underrated, Ronaldinho out-flairs everyone, so I can't argue with that.

apologies for the misunderstanding.

Pep was never going to last. I thought his year-long contracts were just power-plays but I see now that he was being brutally honest in his statements about why he only signs short-term deals. no one chased Pep away, he left because he wanted to.

no doubt Mourinho hastened the process, though, poisoning the atmosphere between the two clubs, constantly insulting Guardiola and belittling him. remember these guys were friends, and Pep's always had a "leave it on the pitch" approach to rivalry (he's friends with Raul & Figo ffs) so this kind of backbiting & animosity must have been such a drain on him. without Mourinho around he probably would have gone for another year, perhaps.

being objective, though, it's best he leave now. if he leaves on a "high" (like after a CL win) the team is full of confidence which will quite quickly turn into hubris as they question the ways of a new manager. by leaving after a "low" Pep ensures the players will be ready to give 100% for the new manager, as they once more have something to prove.

I mean seriously, I am sick and tired of your team winning, it is actually fuckin' annoying but to see Pep bringing the best out of Neymar was so exciting on a football level. I mean he helped Messi reach lolzor levels, what could he do with the flair Neymar brings? 1. Make him better than Pele ever was 2. Send him packing 9 months later on a discounted fee. Would have been absolutely epic, but it will never happen.

Unless Pep signs the contract in August :pep:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Emery still has hope though. For one thing he doesn't seem to actively look down upon his own players and upper management as lesser beings to his genius, Emery might be a tactics wonk but he seems somewhat likeable and Valencia hasn't had players leave in disgust the way it started at the end of Bentiez's reign at Valencia, even with Valencia unable to offer the wages it once was.

Second he does value possession, I mean shit, I've seen Valencia fans complain he isn't defensive enough. WTF

Unfortunately it looks like Emery is following the money by going to Russia, so I'm expecting him to fade out only to reappear in a few years fat and bitter. I hope I'm wrong though, after all he is a Basque and not a dirty Madridista.

Z

ZiZu

Neymar is the best player in the world in his position because he does douchy rainbow flicks in the state championship of Sao Paulo against teams like "Mogi Mirim".

This will be like the Ronaldinho-Beckham fight between Barcelona and Real Madrid. But this time Barcelona will end up with the walking commercial billboard and Real Madrid will end up with a true gem. Like Götze. Can't wait.

Hope he comes to Europe and attempts this against Vidic.

In Neymar's defence , I believe he could push Messi for the top spot IF he joins Barca . I can see him blossoming in our front " three" of Messi / Neymar / Sanchez and we'd have a strike force to rival Madrid ( spit) .

I saw a crazy Neymar stat the other day where Santos won 7:0 ( or close) and Neymar scored 2 and made the other 5 goals !!

We need this kid and I reckon he will push through a transfer as soon as he's got his wish of playing in the Olympics !!

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Emery still has hope though. For one thing he doesn't seem to actively look down upon his own players and upper management as lesser beings to his genius, Emery might be a tactics wonk but he seems somewhat likeable and Valencia hasn't had players leave in disgust the way it started at the end of Bentiez's reign at Valencia, even with Valencia unable to offer the wages it once was.

Second he does value possession, I mean shit, I've seen Valencia fans complain he isn't defensive enough. WTF

Unfortunately it looks like Emery is following the money by going to Russia, so I'm expecting him to fade out only to reappear in a few years fat and bitter. I hope I'm wrong though, after all he is a Basque and not a dirty Madridista.

part of Emery's problem is that Valencia's fans are fucking annoying. some want him to be more offensive, some more defensive. they demand that he dominate the 17 lesser teams in La Liga, and when he does they complain that he isn't challenging Barça & Real. there's basically no pleasing them.

Russia's an emerging market. what team is he going to? if it's Anzhi or CSKA, he has a solid chance. beating Spaletti's Zenit won't be easy though. they're a monster.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Unfortunately though he's going to Spartak Moscow, they have a reputation for being a but dysfunctional. And they call themselves "The Meat".

Yugo Count Dante

21413a50-c3a9-425a-a17e-f10afa69ea44_Neymar_2012.jpg

Superfly

Banned
There's something inherently unlikeable about Neymar despite how supremely talented he clearly is. He just seems really spiteful or something whenever he does anything.

B

beautifulgame

There's something inherently unlikeable about Neymar despite how supremely talented he clearly is. He just seems really spiteful or something whenever he does anything.

haha. that description kinda actually sounds like you.

mixer

Zubizarreta (sports director): "Rumours about Neymar deal? There's no pre-agreement there either. He's a Santos player, we respect that."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans