Nico Williams

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
Looks like there is no better DM option on the market than Zubemendi....
Why? Merino is there. I much prefer Merino over Zubemendi. 1st he will cost almost half. Plus he is much better defensively than Zubemendi. We have a lot of playmakers and CM in our team, but we are lacking a proper defensive Mid. I think Merino is far better than anyone we are linked with.

TheStig

I think the only problem is Tebas and 1:1. Nico wants to come, we don't have to deal with Athletic and Laporta would love to give a huge salary to Nico. The only (but a big) problem is the registration with the league.

Why? Merino is there. I much prefer Merino over Zubemendi. 1st he will cost almost half. Plus he is much better defensively than Zubemendi. We have a lot of playmakers and CM in our team, but we are lacking a proper defensive Mid. I think Merino is far better than anyone we are linked with.

Didn't watch a lot of Real this season but isn't Merino a lot more attacking than Zubi?

Messi983

Merino is a box to box midfielder but very solid defensively. With Flick's 4-2-3-1 don't think we are looking for a pure DM.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
I think the only problem is Tebas and 1:1. Nico wants to come, we don't have to deal with Athletic and Laporta would love to give a huge salary to Nico. The only (but a big) problem is the registration with the league.

Didn't watch a lot of Real this season but isn't Merino a lot more attacking than Zubi?
It's rather the opposite. He does more defensive duties and is a box-to-box type of player. I am more hyped because of his defensive capabilities as we don't have any like that in our current team. He is more 6 type of player than an 8.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Reactions: BJJ

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He’s more 6 than 8, IMHO. I like his profile a lot. A competitor, intelligent, leader and can bang a goal in from distance with consistency

Porque

About the double pivot. There hasn't been a whisper about it in pre-season (yet!) but I think it will suit Marc Bernal fantastically rather than in a midfield three.

My big positive concern is that initially Romeu might actually look decent as the defensive option too. His main failure apart from all around talent was that he couldn't find the passing options when isolated at the pivot. With the system change it should make the game simpler for him.

That is as I say for a few months and then his normal level will probably drop and we will all be screaming "why the fuck didn't we sign [insert cheap SA prospect killing it] when we had the chance".

Porque

In possession at times.

It will be implemented differently though. And I think Flick will try have the ball reach attack in less touches with better practiced patterns.

That is the hope atleast.

I recall last season though and Romeu suffered alot receiving the ball isolated at the pivot position, with both midfielders pushed up high ahead. Of course it didn't help because Romeu isn't very good also on a high technical level.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I love the re-emphasis on cantera but Romeu simply isn't good enough for Barca's required level, even as a squad player - unless he's some sort of guru in the lockerroom

Raketa10

If we sign Nico, Olmo and a reliable DM we can challenge everyone. Not sure if this is even feasible but there is always hope. However, I am not so sure if Merino can play DM.

jamrock

We need to just stick to the plan

LW
DM
RB

Forget about Olmo we are stacked in that position, even if we have the money to add him after filling those positions I'd pass, Save it for a rainy now.

Raketa10

We need to just stick to the plan

LW
DM
RB

Forget about Olmo we are stacked in that position, even if we have the money to add him after filling those positions I'd pass, Save it for a rainy now.

RB is covered by Kounde and Fort. IMHO that position doesn't need a reinforcement especially if we keep Faye as a CB.

jamrock

RB is covered by Kounde and Fort. IMHO that position doesn't need a reinforcement especially if we keep Faye as a CB.
Plus Araujo the Mexican one.

That's probably what the club thinks as well, but for me Kounde is a CB,

Christensen is always injured
Martinez is old
Cubarsi is still too young

Kounde-Araujo should be our starters.

Home of Barca Fans