Nico Williams

Raketa10

Plus Araujo the Mexican one.

That's probably what the club thinks as well, but for me Kounde is a CB,

Christensen is always injured
Martinez is old
Cubarsi is still too young

Kounde-Araujo should be our starters.

Cubarsi is not too young. He needs to play as much as possible. LW and DM are top priorities. However, if we can get Olmo and offload Gundogan I am all in for that.

Co0ter

RB is covered by Kounde and Fort. IMHO that position doesn't need a reinforcement especially if we keep Faye as a CB.
We need Kounde as part of our starting CB partnership, where he belongs and makes us strongest.

LW, DM and RB if possible would be the order. An attacking minded RB since the other options are defensive. Frimpong would be great.

Last edited:

Raketa10

We need Kounde as part of our starting CB partnership, where he belongs and makes us strongest.

LW, DM and RB if possible would be the order. An attacking minded RB since the other options are defensive. Frimpong would be great.

Actually we don't. We have Araujo, Cubarsi and Christensen for CB position. Last season Kounde was better as a RB than CB. Furthermore, Balde is more ofensive full back so we need a balance in defense. Our defensive line Kounde (Fort)-Araujo (Christensen)-Cubarsi-Balde is more than fine. It's much more important to sign a proper DM player than a full back. If we manage to sign Nico + DM I will be more than happy. If we somehow manage to sign Dani Olmo on top of that it would be a dream transfer window.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude

I think DM then LW then RB if possible. Out of all these, we have enough players to cover both CB and RB. When Araujo is fit, He and Cubarsi are a starter, while Kounde is the RB and we have a backup of Fort for him. Kounde can also rotate between CB and RB if required.
We have no one that can effortlessly play DM and it is their natural position. None.
And for LW, ya it's a necessity but we have Raphinha who works well there and has performed very well, so we can manage and have a strong enough Forward line without a Natural LW.

Raketa10

I think DM then LW then RB if possible. Out of all these, we have enough players to cover both CB and RB. When Araujo is fit, He and Cubarsi are a starter, while Kounde is the RB and we have a backup of Fort for him. Kounde can also rotate between CB and RB if required.
We have no one that can effortlessly play DM and it is their natural position. None.
And for LW, ya it's a necessity but we have Raphinha who works well there and has performed very well, so we can manage and have a strong enough Forward line without a Natural LW.

Raphinha is just an average winger and nothing more. Nico is on another level in comparison to him. He should be our top priority as there is only one chance to get a player like him for 58 mil. It's now or never.

Regarding DM there is basically no on on the market that is a TOP class. I am not sure if Zubimendi is that player, and even if he is, he would cost way too much. In contrast, we can probably sign Merino but I am not sure if he can cover DM position for Barca.

draconifire

Raphinha is just an average winger and nothing more. Nico is on another level in comparison to him. He should be our top priority as there is only one chance to get a player like him for 58 mil. It's now or never.

Regarding DM there is basically no on on the market that is a TOP class. I am not sure if Zubimendi is that player, and even if he is, he would cost way too much. In contrast, we can probably sign Merino but I am not sure if he can cover DM position for Barca.
While I agree with you on Raphinha, I don't believe it's not now or never for Nico. If we have terms agreed on and it looks like he wants to come, I think he might wait till next season. Raphinha - Lewa - Yamal, was perfectly good lineup for us and we should have easily gone past PSG.
I think Merino is perfect for us. He is far better defensively than all the options we have.

Co0ter

Yes, like I said LW and DM are priority.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I have come full circle on Raphinha and would advocate for keeping him, even with acquisition of Nico and/or Olmo - love his work rate

But FFP

Co0ter

Actually we don't. We have Araujo, Cubarsi and Christensen for CB position. Last season Kounde was better as a RB than CB. Furthermore, Balde is more ofensive full back so we need a balance in defense. Our defensive line Kounde (Fort)-Araujo (Christensen)-Cubarsi-Balde is more than fine. It's much more important to sign a proper DM player than a full back. If we manage to sign Nico + DM I will be more than happy. If we somehow manage to sign Dani Olmo on top of that it would be a dream transfer window.
Cubarsi is 17 years old and should not be in our preferred CB partnership.

Christensen has a long history of injury issues.

Araujo has also been injury prone the past 1.5 seasons.

Kounde can cover RB well on the defensive end, but he offers absolutely nothing going forward. If you want to seriously contend for titles, you need to play your best players in their best positions. Cubarsi is promising, but he'a simply that.

As I stated clearly in my post, LW and DM are the priority, but a RB should be next to consider. An attacking minded player like Frimpong working alongside Yamal would help sharpen our very static attack. It makes covering Yamal that much more difficult when you have an overlapping threat as well. Balde CAN attack, but his decision making isn't very good and his crosses are very poor. People remember his form from the end of 2 seasons ago when he was excellent, but this season when he was healthy he was actually playing very poorly in comparison. He's young and still has much to prove if he wants to command a wing as the attacking fullback.

draconifire

Why are people again thinking like before when we had a lot of money? We don't.
This year was supposed to be rebuilt for cheap and wait for the new stadium to open so we can buy heavy next year.
Get a CDM and a RB and we're good to go this year. No need for anything else. Frimpong looks to be around 50mil, don't you think that's a bit expensive?
If it's now or never for Nico, don't you think there are clubs from EPL looking into him, and he can get higher wages there? He knows that, and if he still chooses Barca it means he can wait one more year and come next year.

jamrock

If people expecting Nico to be a better player than Raphinha, they are setting themselves for disappointment.
I said as much a few months back when he was first linked, but after the Euros Williams had, I'm not so sure, he will come in with a world of confidence, way more than raphinha, And that's large part of what makes attacking players have an impact on the field.

khaled_a_d

I said as much a few months back when he was first linked, but after the Euros Williams had, I'm not so sure, he will come in with a world of confidence, way more than raphinha, And that's large part of what makes attacking players have an impact on the field.

Never rate a player based on shining in international tournament mate, this should be a basic knowledge.

He's a better LW for sure, that's all that counts.

Yeah, by all means. That is why I want him too. a trio of Raphinha, Lamine and Nico rotating for two positions is a great scenario.

Birdy

If we get to 1:1, I can see how we can get Williams and not sell anyone (including Ferran and Ansu), and have a full squad for the front 3 positions and AM position (Raphina can play there)

But, if we get Olmo as well, I can't see how we can NOT sell. Someone has to go.
And apparently no one wants to go from Barca.
I don't see it as feasible, unless FDJ can be magically convinced to go

PS: As for Romeu, he isn't Barca level of course, but Flick knows that the until end of Sept he would be w/o FDJ Pedri and Gavi. Especially in august (no Fermin as well, and Gundo after a long season and Euros)
He simply needs bodies in md.
If everything clicks later with the rest, Romeu will just sit on the bench or even stands

Home of Barca Fans