Nico Williams

FCBfan22

Breaking

PSG intend to swoop in and steal Nico from Barca
And the water is wet. This was as expected as the sunrise in the morning.

Seriously, P$G only copies what we do and have 0 ability on their own. Hopefully they lose the French league too this year.

That said, I highly doubt Nico goes for P$G as they have almost no attractivness left since Mbappe is gone.

Last edited:

JohnN

PSG is a dying project.
3 of the best players in the world and other top players left in a span of two seasons and they got Dembele... a known liability and anti clutch player. All this with nothing to show for in European cups. If Nico choses them instead of a Barca that is on the way back (slowly, yes), the joke is on him.

Messi983

I think PSG is just using Nico as a leverage and who they really Desire is Doue.

Also, they'll be a better team without Mpaypal if they manage to sign Osimhen and Joao Neves.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
Any player who joins or even considers joining the Slave Club, isn't a player that should be looked upon by any team anyway.
It's a litmus test, and if failed it's a good indication of a player's future in the sport.

Porque

It makes sense for PSG to be interested in Nico to be fair given their squad gap.

I don't think Nico ends up there though. And besides, Doue looks a bigger talent.

Messi983

Nike should help Barca get Nico. Give us 300m signing bonus, lol.

Nico Williams' explosion goes beyond his sporting performance. The Athletic winger, a club with which he has a contract until 2027 although there are several clubs interested in paying the 58 million euros of his termination clause, is also a source of branding and advertising management. Nike, which is the sports firm that sponsors him, wants to make him one of its image leaders for Europe, a category led by Mbappé, Vinicius and Haaland. The first two play for Real Madrid and the third for City. Curiously, none of those teams wear Nike clothing.

The move for Nico will be made regardless of which team he plays for next season. If he maintains his relationship with Athletic, with which the international renewed his contract in December until 2027, the footballer would be a notable bet in LaLiga, although Nico's image is also used by Castore, which is the firm that offers the game clothing and training for the red and white team.

Of course, Nico's impact would be greater if he agreed to leave Athletic to sign for Barcelona or PSG, which are two of the clubs that have been most interested in hiring him and, in addition, have direct dealings with Nike, which is his sponsor. In the case of siding with PSG the effect would be even greater, since Nike has just lost Mbappé as one of the emblems of the Parisian team.

El Ilusionista

Yeah he is coming. If he decided to stay in Bilbao, there wouldn’t be any “I cannot say it out of respect for the players’s wishes” He probably wants to communicate his decision himself to Athletic out of respect.

We will probably pay his clause in the next 48 hours

IMG_3757.jpeg

M3ls

I'm tired of this big drama show.

It feels like these are rumors around one of the best players in the world, and not about Niсo.

We must be tough in negotiations. In no case should we offer more than 12 million euros including taxes.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Great short watch on the Williams brothers - three things really jump out:

1. Character & work ethic - esp. articulated by Iñaki who comes across as authentic & down to earth
  2. Basque - they realize their good fortune and coming to Basque Country was fundamental and they both respect it
  3. Iñaki - he played the role of older brother / father since his father was not always availabe due to trying to provide and you can see the way Nico acts in the presence of his older brother. Real respect and humility but love between eachother. Palpable that the players, like cules, respect their club & family is highest pririty.

Makes me think Iñaki blessing on move plays a role but equally Nico will need to leave the nest to grow out from under the wing of Iñaki too

FCBfan22

OJO gnome had gone mental.

But yeah, I too believe he is coming. Probably OJO merchant found out that contract negotiations were sucessful somehow. There is no other explanations.

Home of Barca Fans