Nico Williams

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
No one should fear the Qatari club, they can only offer money and we’ve seen no one stays there nor wins anything

They HAVE to double wages to give a player pause, it won’t work with Nico IMHO

Porque

If they double his offer then he will end up there.

It would also make him their highest paid player.

And if we lose our on Nico, it should have been tied up weeks ago.

jamrock

How would it have been tied up weeks ago though? I don't think any player at the euros completed a club move,while it was active.

Unless we would have signed him before the euros, and TBH, I don't think he was as much a priority then.

A bit of euro hype for us fully completed.

Porque

Well we have been strongly linked
Since before he renewed. So that's 2023.

Can't be going and blowing our load on Roque fam, then complaining about PSG doubling our wage offer on July 25th. While desperately trying to offload Roque at the same time.

Let's watch this space. Seems it will be Olmo and no Nico, with Merino going to the Arse.

Not entirely bad, but doesn't really solve our left wing problem. Nor our lack of pivot.

Just solves our issue of the overbooking of same-ish players.

mc_lovin

If they double his offer then he will end up there.

It would also make him their highest paid player.

And if we lose our on Nico, it should have been tied up weeks ago.
Nah, transfer has been very straightforward. If we lose out because PSG offers double then there’s just nothing to be done.

We will see shortly. I am pretty confident he joins us.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
How would it have been tied up weeks ago though? I don't think any player at the euros completed a club move,while it was active.

Unless we would have signed him before the euros, and TBH, I don't think he was as much a priority then.

A bit of euro hype for us fully completed.
I saw Nico’s interview a month ago and he dodged the question about link to Barca but he also didn’t definitively rule it out either - only paying respect to the Basque club while still evasive on his future

I think the idea was already there and likely been a topic in the Williams household for some time already Since the Barca links are not new. In the end I suspect the family will assess the timing and whether it is too soon to make his move away. But I think even they recognize something special is brewing between him & Lamine that shouldn’t be delayed/squandered

My guess is they wait to get some assurance about 1:1 FFP and getting him registered but also to organize an exit befitting his boyhood club before announcing any move away - that would be the classy approach which is the impression i get of the Williams

The release clause not only staying but at the same amount for his recent extension, for me, signals a player who wants that freedom to not have an exorbitant figure serve as a barrier to secure an exit of his choice

My hunch is that he is coming

jamrock

I think he's coming too, the issue is getting an agreement with him and for him to leave out the front door from bilboa.

We know there is no negotiation with A.B, we just have to pay the full clause in cash, unlike with Olmo, where the club believes they might have some wiggle room.

BJJ

Laporta is just desperate for a marquee signing. Madrid got Mbappe and he wants to show the fans that we will sign someone too.
For me a DM would be priority but this club loves wasting money on who are bums.
Look at Ferran and Roque. 100 million plus spent on them.

Messigician

PSG bound apparently

Barca lost the case against Nike so there’s no reason for them to offer improved terms as contract breaks in 2028

We couldn’t gurantee Nico could he registered either

Messigician

❗️Barça have agreed terms with Nico Williams' agent but PSG have appeared and are offering twice what Barça would pay. The situation could change.

— @totcosta

🚨🚨🌕| FC Barcelona have agreed personal terms with Nico Williams, but PSG have offered to double his salary in recent hours, which may change the situation. @CatalunyaRadio

🚨🚨 Luis Enrique VEUT Nico Williams 🇪🇸 et l’a fait savoir à Luis Campos. 🗣️

Le coach espagnol aimerait plus de déséquilibre et de vitesse dans son attaque.

Le joueur et son agent connaissent maintenant l’offre du PSG qui propose environ le double de celle du Barca. 💸 (SPORT)

❗️At Barça there are people who are worried about the emergence of PSG in the race for Nico Williams.

— @gerardromero

🚨🚨| NEW: PSG is interested in SIGNING Nico Williams and has already made contact as they explore a possible move. 🔴🔵

[@TheAthleticFC]

🚨| JUST IN

PSG had a meeting with Nico Williams to offer a contract proposal.🇪🇸📋💬

The PSG management will recieve an answer from Nico's clan within 2-3 days.⏳

PSG are ready to activate his €58M release clause with immediate effect

Messigician

As for the second part which is tier 0 elite source

🚨⚖️ Barça loses another battle in his fight against Nike and they will continue until 2028: Barça wanted to unilaterally break the agreement. The Americans requested precautionary measures to avoid it and for the agreement to be fulfilled. The court sided with Nike. [@relevo]

Of course mainstream clickbait Indian pages don’t report this news as it’s a massive L for the club

Home of Barca Fans