Nico Williams

Raketa10

Forget about this stupid kid and move on! Let him enjoy Europa League football for the rest of his life because no one will pay 100 mil for him next season.

Givenchy

Whilst I can respect his loyalty staying with Bilbao, it's now or never for me. He's a good player but not wait another season for another saga next summer good.

jamrock

Barcola 4 goals, 9 assist in 2366 minutes

Williams 8 goals. 19 assistant in 2700 minutes.

Williams 93 percentile in progressives carries.

94 percentile in take ons.

90 percentile in the Opps PK area

All in a tougher league.

Better player, I don't think so, just a faster player, maybe even more talented, but not better

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barcola is more talented, although I'm not sure what we're supposed to do with the information about PSG signing him for 45m last summer.

We only spent 3.4m euros last summer on Romeu :lol:

Cancelo and Felix were brought in on loans.

El Ilusionista

🚨🗣️ “Nico's signing is still not ruled out, a TV3 correspondent from the Barça team's HQ has confirmed. If Nico is patient and waits for Barca to sort the €40M Libero issue [to register him], he’ll come. Now Barça is working quickly to obtain this amount” @esport3 #FCB 🇪🇸☎️

🚨🚨🌕| JUST IN: Nico Williams' signing is NOT ruled out! Joan Laporta wants to sign him as a priority — “if Nico waits for Barça to resolve the €40M Libero issue, he'll come” @CatalunyaRadio 🔵🔴⏳

Guys, so he hesitated to sign for us because he feared we couldn’t register him? Wondering whether true or not.

malvolio

Barcola 4 goals, 9 assist in 2366 minutes

Williams 8 goals. 19 assistant in 2700 minutes.

Williams 93 percentile in progressives carries.

94 percentile in take ons.

90 percentile in the Opps PK area

All in a tougher league.

Better player, I don't think so, just a faster player, maybe even more talented, but not better
Current LL is not a tougher league for attackers than Ligue 1. French league is way more physical.

malvolio

Barcola is more talented, although I'm not sure what we're supposed to do with the information about PSG signing him for 45m last summer.

We only spent 3.4m euros last summer on Romeu :lol:

Cancelo and Felix were brought in on loans.
Just saying that there is talent out there but club are idiots and don't do scouting.

jamrock

Current LL is not a tougher league for attackers than Ligue 1. French league is way more physical.

La Liga defensives sit a lot deep and are more compacted than ligue 1 defenses, more difficult to find space.

Ligue 1 defender use their physicality to make up for their lack of proper tactics, which is why lower level la Liga teams do better than Ligue 1 and all other league teams in Europe, their tactics more often times than not is better.

jamrock

🚨🗣️ “Nico's signing is still not ruled out, a TV3 correspondent from the Barça team's HQ has confirmed. If Nico is patient and waits for Barca to sort the €40M Libero issue [to register him], he’ll come. Now Barça is working quickly to obtain this amount” @esport3 #FCB 🇪🇸☎️

🚨🚨🌕| JUST IN: Nico Williams' signing is NOT ruled out! Joan Laporta wants to sign him as a priority — “if Nico waits for Barça to resolve the €40M Libero issue, he'll come” @CatalunyaRadio 🔵🔴⏳

Guys, so he hesitated to sign for us because he feared we couldn’t register him? Wondering whether true or not.
We have not failed to register a single player we have signed these past few years, if we sign him, that won't change.

I doubt Williams is saying what about this libero situation, I need the details before I sign. Lol.

companyofcules

Yes, I know YT highlights pick best moments.
But I have watched a few Leipzig games last season (CL + Bundesliga), where I can assure you he was their best player together with Simmons,
and the recent Euro, where he showed again he can play for any top team that wants to dominate the ball and break buses

PS: I know there are objections, like money or potential overcrowded md, which I acknowledge
But saying he doesn't have the quality to play for Barca is beyond ridiculous
There is no overcrowded md in his area, only Gundogan is there and he is a bum.
Olmo isn't that bad and more needed than Nico, as the DM and striker.
But we are getting the news for him for the worst reasons ever as usual.
As for Nico, he is not going to cut it not because he is that bad, but this is his prime. I don't see Bilbao winning anything huge with Nico, even the cup was a drawn out fight where Nico wasn't the main guy.

companyofcules

Only way the Olmo signing would make sense is if they sell Gundo to Qatar (don't think he wants to leave) and Flick plans to use Pedri deeper in a double pivot.
But that would make sense, Gundo is a bum and Pedri lol has no quality to play so advanced. He needs to muscle up and camp the 6.
Olmo looks a bit more sharp than Gundogan in my opinion. Not world class but I don't know why we think the midfield needs to have elite killers. That's why you have the inside forwards who can solve issues or more rarely in Barcelona the strikers.
Why we want to fill those vital areas with Nico, Raphinha, Ferran and a kid is beyond me. But anyway, I will not rage again.
It is what it is.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
Him staying I don't mind or care. Saying this from the start, we need CDM, and now maybe an RB like Frimpong, our midfield and defense is sorted then.
We have Raphinha who covers well for the front. With enough forward players on the bench that can rotate. I am sure Flick can work wonders with the lineup we have. Our fans have already made up their expectation of what is good enough for us this year, and I am sure the forward line us good enough for that.
If we can't meet his salary demand and release clause without being in another financial limbo, we better wait.
And if he wanted to come to us, he wouldn't sign a new contract with a high release clause.
If he increases his release clause, then good riddance. He can go to either PSG or EPL and forget about Barca. We need to be ruthless and thats that.

That being said, Calma Calma.
This is the usual Barca circus. If we come to 1:1, we are definitely getting Nico.

Home of Barca Fans