Nico Williams

Loki

If Nico decides to stay, you need to respect it of course. But on the other hand, he risks much. A bad year, an injury or barca finding another LW will close his chance to join his friends in Barcelona.

TheStig

I won't judge him until we know the whole story. It's very possible and reasonable that he wanted guarantees that he will be registered and the fat fuck couldn't guarantee it because he's lying that we are close to 1:1. Of course nobody will come if they risk being unregistered and not be able to play.

Other thing is that every player sees how we treat the former next big thing as we are trying to offload him after being in the club for 6 months without any real chance to prove himself (and he is not the first one, Faye, Emerson and Malcom come to mind, for sure I'm forgetting many). Nico doesn't need that, he is happy at Athletic and EPL/PSG will come when he wants to leave, no need to deal with a circus club Barca for him, he can see Yamal in his free time.

Last edited:

fergus90

Said it before but will not be surprised if Barca don’t get anyone through the door. I think it was always a possibility without confirmation of returning to 1:1.
Part of the reason why Laporta was so dismayed about Xavi’s comments with the FFP and the squad needing improving.

I don’t think it’s a bad thing either, unless Barca clearly has money and there is a player for a reasonable price who wants to join, then save the money and salary cap instead of buying utter shite.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Said it before but will not be surprised if Barca don’t get anyone through the door. I think it was always a possibility without confirmation of returning to 1:1.
Part of the reason why Laporta was so dismayed about Xavi’s comments with the FFP and the squad needing improving.

I don’t think it’s a bad thing either, unless Barca clearly has money and there is a player for a reasonable price who wants to join, then save the money and salary cap instead of buying utter shite.

We're hours away from August 1st and are still waiting for the Libero and Nike money :lol:
Have we even sold anyone yet?

companyofcules

How you're going for the 1:1 with such huge losses in the Camp Nou and no players leaving?
The whole discussion is low iq to begin with but people get upset for getting called out.

Loans or selling assets. For what? To barely register a player with 5 goals in La Liga.
That is insanity at it's best.
You have no guarantee this chap will make anything worth the 160 milioans total investment for 5 years, 80 in one go.
Unless they want to offer him the Atletic money while he can earn more in EPL or PSG, that would explain his doubts.

He needs to go to the highest bidder, doesn't have the talent to wait it out, this is his prime and time to earn some pounds. One serios injury and without speed he is finished.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

So it's rumoured he is staying and we have increased our bid for Olmo to 65m Inc. variables, as a response

This is big. Fucking big. Because if there is any ounce of truth in that bid, we are officially fucked with a sporting department that thinks that's a good idea .

I mean how is Olmo, an alternative to Nico? Two different players you could not wish to find. They play in different positions as well. It means we still have the nonsensical square pegs in round holes attitude which fucked us in the past.

Olmo, even if played in his favourite position is injured all the time and is not as young or as big a goal threat as Fermin. It's like buying caviar and then not having enough money to pay the water meter. A woeful use of funds.

I have a feeling there are those in the sporting dept. who are saying this but are being drowned out by the majority who are saying " Yes, but Olmo, La Masia, Tiki Taka eh ". On the back of what? Some good performances in a pub league Euros?

We are always going to be underachieving until major changes in the sporting department occur I'm afraid.

Home of Barca Fans