Nico Williams

vuji_31

Well, signing new contract with Nike and getting 60mil from some company that owns money is pretty big deal if you ask me.

I doubt we would have 2 konths long saga if we didn't have money.

If Nico said yes we would sign him.

He is still quite so...

Signing Olmo is atleast retarted.

We have a lot of midfielders, and what we don't need is nunber 10.

Gundo, Pedri, Fermin...all can play on this position.

I would rather go for Merino plus alternative for Nico.

Diaz roumors are dead, and we are not linked with anyone else...

This club will never learn.

vuji_31

He is okay signing for City not for us.

He will be useful, but we have so many positons to improve.

RB, CDM, LW and ST.

And we sign always injured player at CAM position.

Barto era was not exception.

JamDav1982

Olmo would make more sense to play at 10 if they were looking to use it to sell a player and make money.. whether that be Gundo, Pedri or Fermin.

But the issue is Barca wont do that they will play him LW and probably Balde over lapping as Olmo is not a wide winger.

Balance will still be off as Balde is poor in final third, teams will push up as no Barca threat in behind and they will double up on Yamal as no threat of leaving left hand side open.

Will have spent 250m on attacking players in 2 1/2 years and still never brought in those pacey/1v1 players up top at all. The type of player every single top team other than Barca are looking for.

Nico was the ideal signing for Barca and what needed currently.

vuji_31

Damn, can't wait Porto or Bate Botisov plays high pressure at away game for us, and we can't pass the center.

How long will this take?

malvolio

Club is zero when it comes to scouting or planning transfers. Why didn't they try to sign him during the season? They saw him have a good Euro and suddenly he's our top priority.

khaled_a_d

I don't have anything to blame for the club in this saga, we tried for him when he was an expiring contract. He decided to renew with his boyhood club.

We couldn't have afforded him until we made sure about the Nike and Libro money are arriving, that was around the Euros.

Nico fit the age, position, technical needs, league knowledge and knowing half of the team. He was the target, and we went for him and did what we can, but he afain chooses his boyhood club in a season they are playing the Europa league, and the final will take place there.

But, how we move from here is where it gets tricky.

If the plan is Olmo for LW, then it is a disaster waiting to happen. If we are spending the Nico money on Cancelo, it is a facepalm.

Maybe we pull something out of nowhere, or we actually stay put. It will be a nervous month.

jamrock

I don't have anything to blame for the club in this saga, we tried for him when he was an expiring contract. He decided to renew with his boyhood club.

We couldn't have afforded him until we made sure about the Nike and Libro money are arriving, that was around the Euros.

Nico fit the age, position, technical needs, league knowledge and knowing half of the team. He was the target, and we went for him and did what we can, but he afain chooses his boyhood club in a season they are playing the Europa league, and the final will take place there.

If the plan is Olmo for LW, then it is a disaster waiting to happen. If we are spending the Nico money on Cancelo, it is a facepalm.

Maybe we pull something out of nowhere, or we actually stay put. It will be a nervous month.
Reasonable take.

Fans should try more of this.

jamrock

Just to play a bit of devil's advocate, because I'm not big on Olmo either, but I think if we sign him, he'll be good for us.

But from the clubs prospective, we will start the season with only gundogan as our first choice starter in midfield.

De jong and pedri and pretty much confirmed to be injury prone at this point.

Gavi won't be back until November.

While Olmo himself history with injuries isn't the best, for 1 he's fit right now at the start of the season, and two maybe we'll just have a Midfield of injured players committee, we accept that at least once of

De jong, pedri maybe Olmo will always be injured, but we'll still have bodies.

He'll end up splitting his time between LW and AM depending on the opposition and who we have fit.

BJJ

I'd rather not spend any money now and see what happens in January.
Buying Olmo makes no sense unless you're playing him as a number 10.
Pedri, De Jong and R Araujo should be up for sale. If we get a good offer, sell.
We cannot continue with this aimless spending and lack of a clear project. Even a Pep, Klopp or Ancelotti can't save a club that has no direction.

iniestaGOAT

I won't judge him until we know the whole story. It's very possible and reasonable that he wanted guarantees that he will be registered and the fat fuck couldn't guarantee it because he's lying that we are close to 1:1. Of course nobody will come if they risk being unregistered and not be able to play.

Other thing is that every player sees how we treat the former next big thing as we are trying to offload him after being in the club for 6 months without any real chance to prove himself (and he is not the first one, Faye, Emerson and Malcom come to mind, for sure I'm forgetting many). Nico doesn't need that, he is happy at Athletic and EPL/PSG will come when he wants to leave, no need to deal with a circus club Barca for him, he can see Yamal in his free time.

Are you fucking kidding me?
We don't need to give this average player any guarantees.
We have failed to register 0 players in total.

Get the fook out of here with that shit.
Sign the contract or don't sign.
We don't care about this bum.

You ain't NEYMAR boy

malvolio

Yeah, club is tip top. Meanwhile Florentino gets his man every time.

I get it we didn't have the money back then. But surely there was some planning in place that would have included those deals, no? The budget of a club like that isn't made on the spot or over night. At least make sure the player is on board to sign in the summer when finances should have looked better.

We instead fucked around like always, didn't have a plan B because there is zero scouting at this club and to further prove their ineptitude they want Olmo as alternative.

Zero planning, going for flavor of the month players, overpaying for bums - nothing to blame the club for. :mou:

Home of Barca Fans