Oriol Romeu (loaned to Girona)

serghei

I'd say he's a bit better than decent. He's a solid, good player that can do the job 90% of the time, but is gonna get exposed vs the elite sides most likely. For the money paid, good signing.

Co0ter

He played pretty well so far. Nothing too fancy. Would like to see him run into space more when not on the ball. Hopefully he'll look more comfortable as time goes on. I was more disappointed with Gundogan, he wasn't very sharp. Game 2 of preseason, they'll hopefully only get better.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Solid player, positioned himself nicely in defensive transitions and kept up simple linkup. Not the Barca level passing you'd expect, but solid none the less.

xXKonan

Came in and did the job that he was suited for.

Not an elite passer but was a good screen for the Midfield and his passing is good enough even if it's not on par with someone like Busi.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
So in the end it only took 3.4m and a short drive to Girona to replace the irreplaciable Busquets. Imagine what we could have done with a 40 million budget...

I jest, I jest. Good sensations though.
Romeu looks like he's aware of his limitations and what he's good at. The first 10 minutes were shaky, but after that he grew in the game and played a good double pivot acting as a defensive anchor to FDJ who was working on our transitions and linkup

Co0ter

So in the end it only took 3.4m and a short drive to Girona to replace the irreplaciable Busquets. Imagine what we could have done with a 40 million budget...

I jest, I jest. Good sensations though.
I've said it already in another thread, watch his first two Inter Miami games. Had a few good through/lobbed passes but he got dispossessed in dangerous positions and smoked several times already in just 1.5 games haha

I don't miss him. Wish he was gone half a decade already.

jamrock

Lol when he was signed people were asking where is the WC player to replace busquets.

Like anyone promised that.

Him being basically the 5th option in midfield, is a great step for us.

We replaced busquets with Gundogan(WC) & Romeu.

Can't ask for more, 5D chess

He'll do the job for us.

Last edited:

vuji_31

Like I said, people were trashing Romeu, if they even watched one of our games against Girona, they would know he is decent.

He is solid player with most of the skills what we need.

People will love him like Dr Jong until emd of season.

Porque

Romeu looks like he's aware of his limitations and what he's good at. The first 10 minutes were shaky, but after that he grew in the game and played a good double pivot acting as a defensive anchor to FDJ who was working on our transitions and linkup

Said something similar to that when the rumours emerged. Romeu knows his role and plays to his limitations. With players like Pedri, Frenkie, Gavi and now Gundy, we have been calling for what seems like years for a defensive midfielder who performs his role and liberates what's in front- not compromises what's in front so they have to liberate him.

Busi was the best ever [arguably] in his role, but like Old Yeller, sometimes you got to put the dog down.

Buuuuuut, let's wait and see how he is when the real season starts. For sure the English sides and Bayern will punish us and him.

And probably Benfica

And Porto

And Frankfurt

And PSG

and shit we're going to Europa League again.

Home of Barca Fans