Oriol Romeu (loaned to Girona)

FCMessi

Said something similar to that when the rumours emerged. Romeu knows his role and plays to his limitations. With players like Pedri, Frenkie, Gavi and now Gundy, we have been calling for what seems like years for a defensive midfielder who performs his role and liberates what's in front- not compromises what's in front so they have to liberate him.

Busi was the best ever [arguably] in his role, but like Old Yeller, sometimes you got to put the dog down.

Buuuuuut, let's wait and see how he is when the real season starts. For sure the English sides and Bayern will punish us and him.

And probably Benfica

And Porto

And Frankfurt

And PSG

and shit we're going to Europa League again.

RM pressed Barca hard today.

29 to 12 in shots and 53 to 47 in possession. Not to mention the several goal posts.

Barca emptied its shelves into the starting line up and RM was only missing Benzema.

Not sure if Man city, Bayern or Arsenal could have pressed Barca harder.

PSG is kind of dismantled with Messi gone, unhappy Mbappe and Neymar.

Benfica and Inter could still surprise Barca again.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
You should watch Busquets during the two Inter Miami games he's played. He's gotten dispossessed in bad areas and smoked several times already. I'm just happy I no longer have to watch it in CL knockout games anymore.

He's had a few nice through balls/lobbed balls though, then again Messi is looking like prime 24 year old Messi in that league at the moment.

Oriol had been with the team for like 5 days before that game, and apparently with a GI illness as well. Perhaps not the best circumstances to judge his first preseason performance.

Big difference last night however

I remember how he played vs us with Girona and vs RM so the quality is there

Chomutov

Think people should judge him based on his performance not on what he was or did in the past. Everyone should be given a fair chance. What I have seen so far has surprised me positively. Good positioning, good first pass, physical and full of dedication. Good be a great signing by the end of the season.

mc_lovin

Not sure about him (yet), but you can definitely see why Xavi wanted a positional DM. Looks like a nice fit with Frenkie.

Nazario1985

People who thinks a 31 y/o will develop to something else and suddenly peak are those waiting to win the lottery !!

Yes it can happen but ....

The only reason we went after him and not Amrabet or someone else is the PRICE, and only the price

BusiTheKing

Overall he looked pretty tidy and has a nice disguised pass in his arsenal. He needs to be more courageous in wanting the ball though. Many situations where I was frustrated that he stayed still instead of seizing an open space.

Home of Barca Fans