Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnotkeith

Nico Williams would just be a waste of money. Not close to Dembele's level.

For all that people shit on him Dembele's creative skill and ability to find the open man is actually very good. You can't just replace him with some fast headless chicken skillster guy and he will be the same.

Redbuck

We shouldn't buy any right winger as Dembele's replacement cos we already have Raphinha and Ferran there (anyone better than those two on the market is beyond our reach due to finances)... What we need is a really good offensive right back, and the only one within our reach that I can think of is Cancelo... We really don't need a defensive right back as neither Raphinha or Ferran can own a flank the way Dembele does... I just hope that with the €27m that's coming in, we can get Cancelo on loan for this season with an obligation to buy next summer, try and fastforward Roque's arrival to this summer or January at worst, and NOT get Joao Felix or Carrasco or any other trash player to replace Dembele cos the RW is fine the way it is, and an offensive RB will only make it better.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If PSG is going to report Madrid to FIFA for contacting Mbappe before Mbappe's contract with PSG has 6 months left to expire, why can't we report PSG for the same reason, I wonder? Dembele is gone I know, but just to turn the heat on PSG. Also, Bayern has allegedly reached a personal deal with Kane already.

Similar situation, involving clubs from two different federations/countries. If not, what's the difference between Madrid's case, ours and Bayern's?

Redbuck

If PSG is going to report Madrid to FIFA for contacting Mbappe before Mbappe's contract with PSG has 6 months left to expire, why can't we report PSG for the same reason, I wonder? Dembele is gone I know, but just to turn the heat on PSG. Also, Bayern has allegedly reached a personal deal with Kane already.

Similar situation, involving clubs from two different federations/countries. If not, what's the difference between Madrid's case, ours and Bayern's?

Our finances are too dire for us to do that, and besides we need the money so it's not a big deal TBH

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Our finances are too dire for us to do that, and besides we need the money so it's not a big deal TBH

That shouldn't be the reason though. It is not that we wanted to sell him.

Anyways, just wondering what the difference is and if FIFA is strictly enforcing this rule universally...

Saladin

We shouldn't buy any right winger as Dembele's replacement cos we already have Raphinha and Ferran there (anyone better than those two on the market is beyond our reach due to finances)... What we need is a really good offensive right back, and the only one within our reach that I can think of is Cancelo... We really don't need a defensive right back as neither Raphinha or Ferran can own a flank the way Dembele does... I just hope that with the €27m that's coming in, we can get Cancelo on loan for this season with an obligation to buy next summer, try and fastforward Roque's arrival to this summer or January at worst, and NOT get Joao Felix or Carrasco or any other trash player to replace Dembele cos the RW is fine the way it is, and an offensive RB will only make it better.
I agree with your perspective on strengthening the RB position, but what is your take on Fresneda over Cancelo? Both Dortmund and Arsenal (as well as Real Madrid) have their eyes on him, so I reckon he is a fairly hot prospect with alot of potential, better mentality as he apparently favors us over any other teams and Cancelo has proven pretty shady attitude-wise since both Pep and Bayern called 'next' on his as*.

iniestaGOAT

At the beginning of March, Barça were in danger of losing the La Liga lead, having lost two games in a row. They were in a tough situation. Until Raphinha showed up, scoring the only goal in 2 consecutive games against Valencia and Athletic, and securing Barça's lead

While dembele was sleeping in the hospital

JamDav1982

Fairly sure clubs are allowed to negotiate with players that have a release clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans