Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laplacian

I am 90% certain we wouldn't have scored without Dembele in that game. There's more to football than just assists and goals.

Let me guess, because he's fast right and his existence was a threat? I agree, that doesn't actually mean his performance was good nor that he's a good player. Which is the point you people seem to be missing. Daniel James or some other speedster from the championship could have fulfilled the same role Dembele did against Kiev. There was literally nothing remarkable he did during those 20mins.

But you can't even give him a little bit of credit, it's tiresome to argue with full-blown haters. I am not his biggest fan myself, but there's more than black and white.

Then don't argue, it's that simple; rather than complaining about the exhaustion of arguing just don't do it.

If you find yourself in one extreme you are usually wrong (applies to everything in life).

Appealing to moderation is a logical fallacy. Literally wrong. Try harder.

Potroh

Then don't argue, it's that simple; rather than complaining about the exhaustion of arguing just don't do it.

Wow. "If you are on a different opinion, then just shut your mouth..."
"We are the haters, we hate for the sake of hatred" - brilliant.

The same people, with the same sentences, the same hatred - that has nothing to do with the game, the team or actual qualities, a complete and ultimate lack of even hints of objectivity, unbelievable. Sad.
The maximum I do nowadays is to lurk around here once in two months, then all I can do is to escape with disgust...

Will that change if Barca will be different? Not really. The haters, the local self appointed sages - who's knowledge about the game is usually minimal - will find other players to hate, will sweep away the slightest try of the non-haters who try to say something marginally positive... and the show will go on like that.
Constructive thoughts? Support? None.
Simply unbelievable.

Laplacian

Wow. "If you are on a different opinion, then just shut your mouth..."
"We are the haters, we hate for the sake of hatred" - brilliant.

The same people, with the same sentences, the same hatred - that has nothing to do with the game, the team or actual qualities, a complete and ultimate lack of even hints of objectivity, unbelievable. Sad.
The maximum I do nowadays is to lurk around here once in two months, then all I can do is to escape with disgust...

Will that change if Barca will be different? Not really. The haters, the local self appointed sages - who's knowledge about the game is usually minimal - will find other players to hate, will sweep away the slightest try of the non-haters who try to say something marginally positive... and the show will go on like that.
Constructive thoughts? Support? None.
Simply unbelievable.

I see reading comprehension is still not your forte. Off the computer and take your medication, grandpa.

mc_lovin

Let me guess, because he's fast right and his existence was a threat? I agree, that doesn't actually mean his performance was good nor that he's a good player. Which is the point you people seem to be missing. Daniel James or some other speedster from the championship could have fulfilled the same role Dembele did against Kiev. There was literally nothing remarkable he did during those 20mins.

It's not just pace. He knows (or has good instincts) how to move as a winger and read offensive plays. Just compare his movement to Dest's for example, who is quite fast as well. It's night and day. He's erratic, injured too much and not a Balon d'Or level talent, which was probably the expectation, but there are still only a handful wingers I would prefer to a fit Dembele, which unfortunately is a bit of an oxymoron.

Laplacian

WOOOOW

Even Xavi the tiki taka Pep Guardiola merchant rates him. Look I'm okay with being wrong and definitely wrong about this guy, BUT MAN

I DON'T SEE IT. I tried so hard last season to see what he was good at and all last season did was vindicate my opinion of him. Yet he's consistently rated. By so many top players and coaches.

Holy shit now I know what It feels like to be a conspiracy theorist. This is genuinely moon landing didn't happen or 9/11 is an inside job territory. This guy has little technical ability nor is he capable of reading the game. I just don't see it.

I'm just going to take an L on this guy and never comment on this topic at all from now on. Like I was always aware that I was an armchair fan but with xavi saying this shit, I literally don't know shit about this game at all. Later folks.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It's clear, Barca need to extend Dembele if for no other reason than not to lose him for free. However, as Xavi has yet to work with the very talented player he has no idea whether there is any hope for him here at Barca long-term. Personally, I do not believe there is hope but we'll learn

vegitot

WOOOOW

Even Xavi the tiki taka Pep Guardiola merchant rates him. Look I'm okay with being wrong and definitely wrong about this guy, BUT MAN

I DON'T SEE IT. I tried so hard last season to see what he was good at and all last season did was vindicate my opinion of him. Yet he's consistently rated. By so many top players and coaches.

Holy shit now I know what It feels like to be a conspiracy theorist. This is genuinely moon landing didn't happen or 9/11 is an inside job territory. This guy has little technical ability nor is he capable of reading the game. I just don't see it.

I'm just going to take an L on this guy and never comment on this topic at all from now on. Like I was always aware that I was an armchair fan but with xavi saying this shit, I literally don't know shit about this game at all. Later folks.

Calm bro. Even prime Sadio Mane couldn't play for Barca, according to Xavi, maybe Mbappe as well by the way Xavi described him. And let's not forget he thinks Dembele is on Pele and Maradona level :lol:

Let's see how he can use Dembele like the way he said.

feggydinho

WOOOOW

Lol, Xavi most likely just looked around the club and saw that we don't have another player of Dembouz profile right now, also saw our transfer budget and knows we might have to spend much to get more players like that. So he's just trying to keep him

CatalinR10

Decade of domminance will resume soon. This time for good.

giggle-chuckle.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans