Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVI9323

Hi there! I'm here to collect my L!. I was so sure that he would make a renewal of his contract and now i looks like the opposite way.
As usual with him, only time will say if he really stay or not but fuck i thought we would be over it already

PS : Just saw the news about Quatar, maybe they threaten Messi by using Dembele like : "Keep on being underperforming and we'll exchange Mbappe with Dembele. It's your choice to make now Messi"

Last edited:

Birdy

@ReshadRahman_
?
2h
�� This is the exact message coming from those close to Ousmane Dembele: ?They [Bar?a] tells us that there is no money for the renewal *we* want..but they want to sign Haaland?

Don't blame his camp for that.
It's perfectly reasonable.
A player wants above all to be wanted and showed respect by his club.

And that applies as well to all other renewals or contracts of our players above 23 or so.(the exception being Ansu, Pedri, gAvi, etc who are so young that their priority is to just play for Barca atm, and not where they stand in the wage structure.
But, mind you, that will come later for them when they are 23-25 as well)

Imagine you are De Jong, who can go to any elite club in Europe you want, and Barca wants to pay Haaland 3 or 4 times the wage you are getting.
That won't cut it.
The player feels being 2nd tier for the club.
Same for Dembele. He knows top clubs like Bayern Chelsea UTd give him the money he wants, and that Barca CAN give him the same money, but prefer to give it to Haaland??
That does not go down well with people of some even minimal ambition.

Of course,
this does not apply to the old granny Amigos, who employ the same logic, but already stand on high-wage contracts, are heading soon intro retirement, and no other club wants them.

PS: That's why Laporta should ASAP quit the Haaland leaks.
You see how much it can hurt the club at the moment.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
I would prefer to see us go get St Maximin from Newcastle or Adeyemi rather than been held ransom.
He's worse than dembele ffs.

@ReshadRahman_
?
2h
�� This is the exact message coming from those close to Ousmane Dembele: ?They [Bar?a] tells us that there is no money for the renewal *we* want..but they want to sign Haaland?

And that applies as well to all other renewals or contracts of our players above 23 or so.(the exception being Ansu, Pedri, gAvi, etc who are so young that their priority is to just play for Barca atm, and not where they stand in the wage structure.

Imagine you are De Jong, who can go to any elite club in Europe you want, and Barca wants to pay Haaland 3 or 4 times the wage you are getting.
That won't cut it.
Same for Dembele. He knows top clubs like Bayern Chelsea UTd give him the money he wants, and that Barca CAN give him the same money, but prefer to give it to Haaland??

Of course,
this does not apply to the old granny Amigos, who employ the same logic, but already stand on high-wage contracts, are heading soon intro retirement, and no other club wants them.

That's an absurd hypothetical though, what has Dembele done at barca (let alone in the football world) to justify getting that same offer/salary. He thinks too highly of himself if its the case.

omidferoz

@ReshadRahman_
?
2h

That won't cut it.

Of course,

But how can you demand the same salary as haaland? Dembele has scored 0 goal.... I mean fucking 0 goals this season. He has 1 or 2 assist which came from a corner kick. That is absurd and amateurs considering how much he cost. Further more he is injured all the time. To be honest he is not worth all this trouble and hype. Without his pace( can't even use it correct) he dont have anything else. His dribbling is so average compared to Sane, Mbappe, Vini, Mahrez and other world-class wingers.

khaled_a_d

@ReshadRahman_
?
2h

That won't cut it.

Of course,

Players takes pay cuts in order to play beside other superstars and make legacy.
Dembele: I am not a star, I am one of the biggest flops in history of the game, if you want to sign someone else then you need to pay me handsomely :lol:

Birdy

Let's not get into the 'Dembele is a flop' pseudo-argument that only BF regulars put forward.

When Chelsea UTD and Bayern want you, and their (elite) coaches as well, then there is no discussion here.
IF someone can't get this, there is not point

The question is whether Haaland or Mbape or X wanna-be superstar, who is in Barca's transfer radar, AND
1) does NOT currently play for Barca
2) has NOT established himself as a Barca legend or the like
3) has NOT played for an elite club yet

is entitled to higher salary OR even X times the amount of money Dembele gets/
And you should also answer that from the perspective of the player, not your own (say 'I like Mbape more, I think he should get x times more money')

Messigician

Let's not get into the 'Dembele is a flop' pseudo-argument that only BF regulars put forward.

When Chelsea UTD and Bayern want you, and their (elite) coaches as well, then there is no discussion here.
IF someone can't get this, there is not point

The question is whether Haaland or Mbape or X wanna-be superstar, who is in Barca's transfer radar, AND
1) does NOT currently play for Barca
2) has NOT established himself as a Barca legend or the like
3) has NOT played for an elite club yet

is entitled to higher salary OR even X times the amount of money Dembele gets/
And you should also answer that from the perspective of the player, not your own (say 'I like Mbape more, I think he should get x times more money')

Defending Dembele after he pulled this stunt should be a bankable offence tbh

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Imagine if he signs for Newcastle :lol:

Wonder how [MENTION=4451]Birdy[/MENTION] is gonna defend that

ajnotkeith

Too late for that

Should have signed it and renewed Messi while spending big in the summer if we are going to sign CVC deal

There has been news recently we are negotiating with CVC and LaLiga to get some better terms. It would not surprise me at all if we signed it now, even though that would be a shameful embarrassment, I've come to expect it from Laporta.

Sign the CVC deal for Ferran Torres, but not for Messi. Joke.

Anyway that is probably the Plan B as I have written before, Plan A being wage cuts and exits but if we don't that's our only option, as Tebas won't budge on the wage bill.

Birdy

Imagine if he signs for Newcastle :lol:

Wonder how [MENTION=4451]Birdy[/MENTION] is gonna defend that

How is he gonna sign for Newcastle when Chelsea, UTD, and Bayern want him??

Only a salary much higher compared to the ones getting from the other 3 can justify that

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
How is he gonna sign for Newcastle when Chelsea, UTD, and Bayern want him??

Only a salary much higher compared to the ones getting from the other 3 can justify that

And if he does then what?

If he really is the talent and level of player you believe he is then signing for Newcastle would be hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans