Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messigician

If he signs for Newcastle Birdy leading a new project, history in the making, next Alan Shearer

If he signs for another club

He was too good for Barca anyway

His 30 goals in 5 years is too elite

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't want to get into a long drawn out discussion about Dembele tbh. I think we've been through this road before @Birdy

All I'll say that if he or his agent think they're comparable to what guys like Haaland and Mbappe are achieving then they're the biggest idiots in the world. If he's insisting on 40m per year gross, so 20m net because he believes he's a BdO winning level player then he's an idiot of the highest order.

Only a desperate team like Newcastle is going to give him this much money. Even guys like Bruno Fernandes, Robert Lewandowski and others don't make this much money in their clubs.

And I hope Barca squeezes every bit out of him before he leaves even if he tears all the hamstrings in his leg due to an increased workload since the guy is literally a crock.

feggydinho

Always said that the best decision Dembele can make right now is to leave Barca (more pay and fresh start), he can't redeem his current image here cause he'll always be harassed by the fans even if he takes a 30% wage cut, and to be fair, most of the criticism has good grounds. However, I still think he can be massive especially if the continuous injury leaves (he was fit almost throughout last season, so I believe it's possible). He just needs to change the environment for everyone's good, and I think he'll blossom if fit and get new fan backing. I still think he's our most creative forward right now, but we've got to end the chapter, I also hope we don't replace him with worse players cause I don't trust our board

Birdy

And if he does then what?

If he really is the talent and level of player you believe he is then signing for Newcastle would be hilarious.

Not really.
Many top talents signed for shitty clubs just for the money.
Can you remember some of them?

feggydinho

I don't want to get into a long drawn out discussion about Dembele tbh. I think we've been through this road before @Birdy

All I'll say that if he or his agent think they're comparable to what guys like Haaland and Mbappe are achieving then they're the biggest idiots in the world. If he's insisting on 40m per year gross, so 20m net because he believes he's a BdO winning level player then he's an idiot of the highest order.

Only a desperate team like Newcastle is going to give him this much money. Even guys like Bruno Fernandes, Robert Lewandowski and others don't make this much money in their clubs.

And I hope Barca squeezes every bit out of him before he leaves even if he tears all the hamstrings in his leg due to an increased workload since the guy is literally a crock.

I highly doubt that 40m fee, should be normal media BS cause no one would pay him that. I think his asking is 15m

Birdy

I don't think that his agent says exactly 'Give us the money you would give Haaland'

It's rather 'How come you NOT giving us the money we want (not the same as reported Haaland's) and you say you have NO money, when you are prepared to pay the sum Haaland wants?'

I don't know how much his agent asks, but it seems that Chelsea and UTD have offered that

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't think that his agent says exactly 'Give us the money you would give Haaland'

It's rather 'How come you NOT giving us the money we want (not the same as reported Haaland's) and you say you have NO money, when you are prepared to pay the sum Haaland wants?'

I don't know how much his agent asks, but it seems that Chelsea and UTD have offered that

Because Erling Braut Haaland has proven more in two years than Dembele has his entire career.

His agent is speaking nonsense if that's his argument.

CatalinR10

French media sources are also reporting he's asked for between 30-40m per year.

wait so he's actually expecting 40 mil / year ?

I thought these were just memes of the forum , making fun of him with the ballon d'or worthy salary and such

Absolutelly fucking shameless to ask this amount of money.

ajnotkeith

Newcastle probably won't sign him. They have a good chance to be relegated this season and their income isn't high enough to afford player like Dembele as it pertains to FFP.

A team like Man U seems more realistic, or maybe Juventus. Those teams a step below the top tier, but with money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans