Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

If they release him fully paid tomorrow the club have fucked up in not trying to get him off books for free yesterday.

Cant see it happening like that.

They would find themselves in all kinds of bother if manufacture a situation to put someone out of football for 6 months would think.

ajnotkeith

If they release him fully paid tomorrow the club have fucked up in not trying to get him off books for free yesterday.

Cant see it happening like that.

Agreed. They could have let him go weeks ago if they wanted to. I'm sure they have already thought this through enough and the plan is to keep him in the squad.

If we pay his remaining 6 months for no reason that's just a stupid move. When we could have let him go in the window.

gregorrin10

How? It wouldn't save us any money, we'd just have to pay the remainder of his salary anyways...

Maybe not. I'd imagine we could come to a some kind of settlement, where he accepts to get the money for like 3 out of the 6 months remaining, if he agrees to leave now and can join whichever club he wants immediately and get that big fat signing bonus from whoever will be stupid enough to take him. I believe the freedom to choose his next club and negotiate for a better signing bonus as a free agent are his two biggest incentives anyway.

And if he doesn't accept 'the letter of freedom', we let him know, that he will rot in the stands for 6 months. Big incentive too with the World Cup less than 12 months away. Put him on the spot. Is he really that petty and greedy to sacrifice 6 months of his career and possibly his World Cup spot for a 3 month wage? Maybe, maybe not. I guess we'll see.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Agreed. They could have let him go weeks ago if they wanted to. I'm sure they have already thought this through enough and the plan is to keep him in the squad.

I would guess they will offer him to leave for free if can still sign for another club as sure read he can.

Paying him in full to leave or keeping him in stands is ridiculous if did not try and offer him up to go for free prior to that. Or at worst pay part of salary to go.

JamDav1982

He won't be terminated a day after the window closes. They'll just put him in the stands on match day.

Why would they not try to free him rather than keep him and not play him?

The idea that paying his salary is worth the punishment?

At a time when every penny counts that doesnt seem realistic or logical in slightest.

fergus90

Why would they not try to free him rather than keep him and not play him?

The idea that paying his salary is worth the punishment?

At a time when every penny counts that doesnt seem realistic or logical in slightest.

Because his contract will have to be terminated by mutual agreement, him refusing a renewal isn't grounds just to terminate him.

He will demand every penny owed to him and will be entitled to it. Barca won't be saving money by doing that and it also looks petty that one day after a 31 day window the answer is to terminate his contract.

You'd never see another big club doing that with their players on expiring contracts.

JamDav1982

Because his contract will have to be terminated by mutual agreement, him refusing a renewal isn't grounds just to terminate him.

He will demand every penny owed to him and will be entitled to it. Barca won't be saving money by doing that and it also looks silly that one day after a 31 day window the answer is to terminate his contract.

You'd never see another big club doing that with their players on expiring contracts.

Not sure what you are responding to with that.

I never claimed they should pay him up to leave.

What I said is why would they not offer him to leave for free and find new club rather than stick him stands or pay his contract up to leave?

Doesnt make sense.

fergus90

What I said is why would they not offer him to leave for free and find new club rather than stick him stands or pay his contract up to leave?

Doesnt make sense.

I assume we will see news of Dembele's termination tomorrow then if that's the logical step.

Hopefully a team will have space to register him for CL or foreign quota for the league. Although going by the past 31 days though, the man doesn't seem to desperate to go anywhere.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I assume we will see news of Dembele's termination tomorrow then if that's the logical step.

Hopefully a team will have space to register him for CL or foreign signing for the league. Although going by the past 31 days though, the man doesn't seem to desperate to go anywhere.

Why not offer him for free before tomorrow?

You think sending him to stands makes more sense than that?

iniestaGOAT

Doesnt make sense.

Don't worry your pea sized brain. Sick of your nonsense posts.

Let laporta and mateu go to work.

fergus90

Why not offer him for free before tomorrow?

You think sending him to stands makes more sense than that?

Dembele has shown no hurry to sign an extension or go to another club. He will want Barcelona to pay him the money he's owed to terminate him if we go by him and his agents behaviour thus far.

He then gets a signing on bonus as a free agent somewhere else and 6 months play time at a potential rival club if he can find one with space to register him.

All that front by Barca and the next day they pay him to go and he gets to play football for the rest of the season all whilst Barca still pay out and he's now collecting a salary at a new club.

JamDav1982

Dembele has shown no hurry to sign an extension or go to another club. He will want Barcelona to pay him the money he's owed to terminate him if we go by him and his agents behaviour thus far.

He then gets a signing on bonus as a free agent somewhere else and 6 months play time at a potential rival club if he can find one with space to register him.

All that front by Barca and the next day they pay him to go and he gets to play football for the rest of the season all whilst Barca still pay out and he's now collecting a salary at a new club.

You think they will pay him to go? Or sit him in stands?

Hard to follow.

Dembele will have had offers to go in January no doubt and more offers if free or part salary covered. If they did not offer him to leave for free then and now pay up contract it is ridiculous

fergus90

You think they will pay him to go? Or sit him in stands?

Hard to follow.

Dembele will have had offers to go in January no doubt and more offers if free or part salary covered. If they did not offer him to leave for free then and now pay up contract it is ridiculous

What's so hard to follow? I said in the first post that you replied to that I think they'd sit him in the stands.

I also then said i don't think he'd accept the letter of freedom, him or his agent would demand the money he's owed from termination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans