Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

What's so hard to follow? I said in the first post that you replied to that I think they'd sit him in the stands.

I also then said i don't think he'd accept the letter of freedom, him or his agent would demand the money he's owed from termination.

So you think there was no club he would have moved to in January as his end game was to get fully paid up by Barca and get contract from another club?

I think they will either offer him to go for free or at worst pay part salary up or keep him and play him.

Sitting in stands benefits no one.

Lets see.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Dembele has shown no hurry to sign an extension or go to another club. He will want Barcelona to pay him the money he's owed to terminate him if we go by him and his agents behaviour thus far.

He then gets a signing on bonus as a free agent somewhere else and 6 months play time at a potential rival club if he can find one with space to register him.

All that front by Barca and the next day they pay him to go and he gets to play football for the rest of the season all whilst Barca still pay out and he's now collecting a salary at a new club.

What does this part mean?

The way I understand it, if he finds another club that is willing to take him, he is free to leave but the new club has to pay his salary for the next 6 months, right? It makes no sense for us to keep paying his wages for the next 6 months while he is playing elsewhere. Perhaps I misunderstood your point.

Anyways, I think it is pointless for the club to release him, it makes us look petty and serves us absolutely no good.

fergus90

So you think there was no club he would have moved to in January as his end game was to get fully paid up by Barca and get contract from another club?

I think they will either offer him to go for free or keep him and play him.

Lets see.

No I don't think he had any intention of moving in January. He's hoping that he gets improved terms at Barcelona still.

I think it's plausible they end up playing him again at some point as there is 5 months of football left to play and will ask Xavi what he wishes to do with him.

But better Barca have that power over him than paying him off and then getting to play for a potential rival for the rest of the season.

JamDav1982

No I don't think he had any intention of moving in January. He's hoping that he gets improved terms at Barcelona still.

I think it's plausible they end up playing him again at some point as there is 5 months of football left to play and will ask Xavi what he wishes to do with him.

But better Barca have that power over him than paying him off and then getting to play for a potential rival for the rest of the season.

So now it is... they might stick him in stands or may play him. Got it.

You keep mentioning paying him off when saying dont think that makes any sense.

JamDav1982

Ah all these 'put him in the stands' shouts starting to back track.

Predictable.

Use him for injuries... but dont use him when coach thinks could improve chances of winning games out with that. As he needs to be taught a lesson!

Top stuff.

Messigician

Ah all these 'put him in the stands' shouts starting to back track.

Predictable.

Use him for injuries... but dont use him when coach thinks could improve chances of winning games out with that. As he needs to be taught a lesson!

Top stuff.

Its a statement of intent fool

It's to show you don't fuck with FC Barcelona

JamDav1982

Its a statement of intent fool

It's to show you don't fuck with FC Barcelona

Aye great statement.

Fail to renew and might not play in last four months of contract... unless club really need you to.

That will show em!

Lets see if board agree.

Could hand pick the folk who would think it a good idea on here and all come yapping.

feggydinho

I think he has power over Barca cause we'll have to pay him fully if we wanna end his contract and I'm sure he'll demand everything cause the relationship between both parties is pretty broken already, where we have power is in putting him in the stands but we'll still have to pay him while giving him a 5 months vacation. We didn't handle his case properly and then went extreme at the wrong moment and he's also giving us an extreme response (only looking out for himself right now). Pretty sure there's a deal in place in another club for him next season already and my bet is on PSG with Mbappe leaving, anyways good riddance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans