Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

delancey

Makes no sense. We're broke and termination also cost a addiontional fortune + his full salary.

It makes sense if Xavi will keep him in the stands the entire season. We?re paying for him regardless of whether his contract is terminated or not. Is there precedence for this type of matter in the European courts with a another high profile player? I?m just wondering where the additional fortune prediction comes from?

If we pay him his contract value in full now, we?ve honored the financial obligation of the contract. He had alleged offers which he rejected, while also knowing fully well that the club wouldn?t be interested in playing him again. Therefore, he had opportunity to leave but decided against it. The consequences of him staying beyond January are his responsibility.

Besides, it sends a strong and clear message. No tolerance for those who don?t have the club?s best interests at heart. And this path makes sense to me IF he won?t play another day here.

feggydinho

[Fabrizio Romano ]Barcelona president Joan Laporta reveals: ?We think Ousmane Demb?l? has an agreement in place with another club?. 🚨🇫🇷 #FCB

?He didn?t want to leave the club in January. It?s really difficult to understand his position, makes no sense for him and for the club?.

JamDav1982

Its shitty for board as they did not put themselves in the Dembele situation for most part but at same time they speak shite to Messi and fans all summer about his contract they bail on last minute and then terminate others who have little comeback in Matheus.

Dembele is looking out for himself as the club are and there is no morals involved either side.

feggydinho

It makes sense if Xavi will keep him in the stands the entire season. We?re paying for him regardless of whether his contract is terminated or not. Is there precedence for this type of matter in the European courts with a another high profile player? I?m just wondering where the additional fortune prediction comes from?

If we pay him his contract value in full now, we?ve honored the financial obligation of the contract. He had alleged offers which he rejected, while also knowing fully well that the club wouldn?t be interested in playing him again. Therefore, he had opportunity to leave but decided against it. The consequences of him staying beyond January are his responsibility.

Besides, it sends a strong and clear message. No tolerance for those who don?t have the club?s best interests at heart. And this path makes sense to me IF he won?t play another day here.

Yeah, let's just give him a paid early vacation. A lode-lose situation

JamDav1982

Which way is it going to go... Dembele in squad and headlines such as below..

'Xavi sees a motivated Dembele in training that can provide useful for remainder of season'
'Dembele is helping Auba settle and they have and obvious connection in training that Xavi would like to use in race for CL'
'Dembele still open to stay and club have decided to park the issue until end of season'
'Xavi values what Dembele can provide if still at club.. he will use him as back up with one eye on next season'

Or Dembele being shut out/paid off to try and prove a point.

Interesting times.

MTL_Barca

Feel like all that talk about Dembele, threats of sending him to the stands, terminating his contract etc. was pretty silly and just makes the club look bad. Don't get how people can view this as showing strength, seems kinda pathetic and desperate to me.

If the club was blindly trusting his word they only have themselves to blame, Sissoko might be an asshole and Dembele an idiot but that's common in this business so they should've known better.

All in all could've handled this more professional. Also think the decision to play him or not should be on the coach. If Xavi says he wants to only play 100% commited players and focus on players that may stay beyond the summer then alright, but don't just make it a political decision because let's be honest that example won't help us anyway. Would've been a stronger sign to stop all negotiations once Dembele didn't sign as he supposedly promised, but they were too desperate to do so.

Last edited:

feggydinho

Feel like all that talk about Dembele, threats of sending him to the stands, terminating his contract etc. was pretty silly and just makes the club look bad. Don't get how people can view this as showing strength, seems kinda pathetic and desperate to me.

If the club was blindly trusting his word they only have themselves to blame, Sissoko might be an asshole and Dembele an idiot but that's common in this business so they should've known better.

All in all could've handled this more professional. Also think the decision to play him or not should be on the coach. If Xavi says he wants to only play 100% commited players and focus on players that may stay beyond the summer then alright, but don't just make it a polical decision because let's be honest that example won't help us anyway. Would've been a stronger sign to stop all negotiations once Dembele didn't sign as he supposedly promised, but they were too desperate to do so.

I don't know why we went extreme with him and created this unnecessary BS cause many other clubs have players who would be free this summer and we don't see these drama. We're even monitoring Christensen, Kessie, Azpilicueta and other potential free players which makes our decision more funny seeing that we got 3 free players last summer.

malvolio

All in all could've handled this more professional. Also think the decision to play him or not should be on the coach. If Xavi says he wants to only play 100% commited players and focus on players that may stay beyond the summer then alright, but don't just make it a political decision because let's be honest that example won't help us anyway. Would've been a stronger sign to stop all negotiations once Dembele didn't sign as he supposedly promised, but they were too desperate to do so.

Yup. This situation should have been handled in 2020 or at the start of Laporta's presidency. Board just didn't put the foot down at the right time and now are crying foul because Dembele played them.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Its shitty for board as they did not put themselves in the Dembele situation for most part but at same time they speak shite to Messi and fans all summer about his contract they bail on last minute and then terminate others who have little comeback in Matheus.

Dembele is looking out for himself as the club are and there is no morals involved either side.

Exactly. Laporta and the board have been trying to appeal to the fans and make themselves look good while trashing those who stand in the way of making that happen, it is really petty.

mc_lovin

Eh, you would think there's some kind of relationship between the player and club. He's been here for 4.5 years ffs. You don't say one thing and then don't follow up on it. His agent apparently didn't even answer :S I don't think there would have been much drama if they were honest from the start and communicated properly.

Personally I don't care what happens next. Stands, termination or playing him - who gives a damn. Far too much drama for a player that played ~20% of minutes this season.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't know why we went extreme with him and created this unnecessary BS cause many other clubs have players who would be free this summer and we don't see these drama. We're even monitoring Christensen, Kessie, Azpilicueta and other potential free players which makes our decision more funny seeing that we got 3 free players last summer.

A classic case of hypocrisy. All the shenanigans Dembele pulled before and the gripes we have with him aside, this is a typical situation found between many players and clubs, with the player not wanting to renew on the club's terms while the club is not happy to lose the play for free. It happens, and quite often. To come out after the window already closed to add more fuel to the fire to make Dembele look bad is really, really petty on the part of Laporta.

JamDav1982

They went extreme because him leaving or renewing opened up so much more room in Januarys transfer market when Barca are struggling to make CL.

More so that than trying to lay down a marker that will serve as warning to players in the future.

MTL_Barca

Eh, you would think there's some kind of relationship between the player and club. He's been here for 4.5 years ffs. You don't say one thing and then don't follow up on it. His agent apparently didn't even answer :S I don't think there would have been much drama if they were honest from the start and communicated properly.

Personally I don't care what happens next. Stands, termination or playing him - who gives a damn. Far too much drama for a player that played ~20% of minutes this season.

I mean i can totally understand that they would be upset about that, but no need to publicly discuss it like that. Always so much talking and drama with this fucking club :lol:

Also not Dembeles or Sissokos fault the club just bought Ferran Torres for 55M despite not being able to register him at the time. They were desperate because of FFP, but still it's just a bad look to bitch so much about the player and his agent. It's not their problem Barca is fucked financially, kinda silly to blame them for this whole mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans