Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
[MENTION=4451]Birdy[/MENTION] club didn't conduct negotiations in earnest either, so kind of makes it a moot point.

I disagree, as a player I'd just elect not to go to barca. Only people that might think this is a good look is some fans.

mc_lovin

Laporta: "Dembele? Well, Ousmane said that the renewal offer was very good, then it was an economic issue... And when we told him that it was already good enough, the agent took a position in not saying anything."

That's the biggest issue I guess. They were stalling, giving contradictory messages etc pp.

Birdy

The bold part is inconsequential, let's stick to the fact: Yes they have been dragging their feet to renew, there is nothing new or surprising about this, many players have done it. Each has his or her own reason and circumstances for sure but the bottom line is, it is not an obligation to renew with the club before your contract is up. \

Even if you were right and let's say Dembele is the total villain here and the club is the one being victimized, OK, put him to the stands, don't have your president come out and complain like a cry baby. Petty.

I don't know what a 'cry baby' consists in.
He just explained when being asked as part of an interview/public statement.

Other than that, again it's not about being obliged to renew.
It's rather about being morally obliged to not deprive the club of their autonomy in selling you before you contract is up IF they decide to do so

Finally, I don't think Dembele is some villain, probably more a kid who doesn't know shit and is being manipulated by his agent who he trusts.
It's clear that this strategy of fooling the club was devised by Moussa Sissoko.

Messigician

Sent to stands yet training as normal

Aubameyang trained with Barcelona today, despite not having been officially announced yet. He was close to Demb?l? throughout the training session.

? @tjuanmarti

HMMMMM

JamDav1982

It's rather about being morally obliged to not deprive the club of their autonomy in selling you before you contract is up IF they decide to do so

Finally, I don't think Dembele is some villain, probably more a kid who doesn't know shit and is being manipulated by his agent who he trusts.
It's clear that this strategy of fooling the club was devised by Moussa Sissoko.

Nonsense. If Dembele doesnt like any of the offers in January he can wait until summer.

He doesnt owe the club anything in taking a deal he doesnt want.

You are clueless if think he should just go where club think is a good offer due to 'autonomy'.

Club spoke shite to Dembele. Dembele spoke shite to the club. Both at it.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything

The club has no right to sell you unless you agree to it as well... So makes fuck all difference no?

Birdy

[MENTION=4451]Birdy[/MENTION] club didn't conduct negotiations in earnest either, so kind of makes it a moot point.

I disagree, as a player I'd just elect not to go to barca. Only people that might think this is a good look is some fans.

I don't know what Barto did in approaching Sissoko for Dembouz renewal
But Laporta and Allemany conducted negotiations in earnest
They started since July trying to renew him, with transparency: yes you are important for the coach, the president likes you, but we don't have the money NOW to pay you/ The last contract offer by the club featured less base money the first 6 month - 1 year, and then the final years of his contract (when the financial situation improves) more base money than what he is getting now.
Do you see that as not in line with the 'we want you, but don't have money now'? Not really...

mc_lovin

Nonsense. If Dembele doesnt like any of the offers in January he can wait until summer.

He doesnt owe the club anything in taking a deal he doesnt want.

You are clueless if think he should just go where club think is a good offer due to 'autonomy'.

Club spoke shite to Dembele. Dembele spoke shite to the club. Both at it.

Again, I don't think that's the issue. The reporting has been pretty one-sided to be fair, but it all points towards Dembele and Sissoko negotiating in bad faith.

JamDav1982

No one is saying club did anything wrong in trying to renew Dembele. That is irrelevant.

Fact remains he has right to agree or not and both sides spoke shite throughout. Just as Barca did to Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans