Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinBarcelonafan

Called his bluff on what?

It is irrelevant to Barca if he goes and doesnt have huge offers on table... if anything that is worse as still couldnt get him to stay.

Well, they said he had big offers on table so pony up more money. Barca called their bluff and were right. It was good call from Barca. That's all.

He demands too much money anyway.

mc_lovin

I am still a bit stuck on the issue whether our board was petty because he didn't renew (shame on them in this case), or one party (or both) escalated the negotiations somehow. I am leaning towards the latter. Don't think any of this was normal (see Alaba..).

JamDav1982

Well, they said he had big offers on table so pony up more money. Barca called their bluff and were right. It was good call from Barca. That's all.

He demands too much money anyway.

Not really as he could have signed the offer on table any time until January ended and they would have taken it. It was Dembele decision to reject the offer and take what can get in summer.

If Barca didnt move on deal and he signed it as they wanted would agree they called his bluff but not this way.

As said if there are no big offers that is almost worse as still couldnt renew him anyway.

That will be next one.. Dembele not getting 40m signing on fee and 40m a season will be seen as some big victory.

iniestaGOAT

No one knows if 40m was ever asked for but if Dembele does not have a more preferable offer on table than Barca offered then it makes it worse could not get him to renew.

It does not make it worse just because we couldnt get him to renew. Maybe hes betting on himself. Maybe the offerrs he has are from sht teams like newcaslte or PSG.

Porque

Remember when we reached agreement with Rabiot, who then tried to use that agreement to reach a bigger offer elsewhere (while also asking for a increased offer from ourselves) and we retracted the offer.

In the end he signed with Juventus for less, while we closed for FdJ.

Something like this could have happened with Dembele, hence why going south on a negotiation level.

JamDav1982

If Dembele gets less than was offered at Barca both have failed.

Barca cant keep player who had no contract on table for more than they were even offering him while Dembele gets less cash.

I think at this stage they want him to have a big contract elsewehere can point to reason for failing to renew him.

Windhook

I expect Dembele to be booed till the end, unless he takes a leading role in the success of the team, which is not likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans