Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porque

I'm not sure if playing him in away games will help him though. It is going to become a thing for fans to boo him- just coz.

Watch him in an away and see the opposition fans boo him more too. It is what it is.

kilian

This.

And hope he'll do well enough fans won't boo him if he'll play at Camp Nou again. I understand why fans would boo him but people should also be aware this could negatively affect a whole team. Yeah, he made a business decision for his career we're not happy with but most of his team mates surely understand that and are still close to him. This team needs as much support as they can get to get through this difficult period not fans turning against our own player.

I'm sure Xavi is well aware of that and will protect the team so it's very likely Dembouz won't play home games unless we'll suffer more injuries upfront. I'd still prefer to use him over Abde or LDJ for example.

The problem is that most of the fans (people inside the club probably as well) think that he is an ungrateful piece of shit.
Barca paid an enormous amount of money for him and to him in the years that he was here. Fans loved him from the start and supported throughout all the injuries. His contribution to the team in all his time here was basically non-existent and now when he can help the club, he wants to be paid like Neymar or whatever and is leaving for free.
I understand his business decision, he wants a big contract to financially ensure himself for life, but as a fan of Barca I will think of him as an ungrateful cocksucker and that`s it.
That is why it is very difficult not to boo him, but I agree it`s detrimental for the team as well.

Messi983

Sure but it's a difference getting booed from the opposition fans (which is something most players are used to). A few travelling Barca fans in away games will probably also boo him but again a big difference between that and 50k or more people at your home stadium turning against you.

kilian

Sure but it's a difference getting booed from the opposition fans (which is something most players are used to). A few travelling Barca fans in away games will probably also boo him but again a big difference between that and 50k or more people at your home stadium turning against you.

Yes, I agree with you.
In theory, he can make the fans stop booing him with fighting spirit and good performances, but let`s be honest - he`s far from that kind of mentality.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
_20220209_172556.jpg

Barcelona Official Instagram posted 20 players scored this season. Notice who is missing? :lol: The hatred is that high they'll have a hidden dig at him every chance they get :boss:

Windhook

I don't think it was intentional. I got myself thinking did Dembele scored this season and checked the stats to find out he has one goal, which all of sudden I remembered, in Copa del Rey against Linares.

behindbrowneyes

I think they've really just forgot about him. The fact that there was always the 20 in the background but only 19 players without Dembele underlines that.

CatalinR10

View attachment 9323

Everyone spot the difference :dance:

19x66qvh20o61.gif

FinBarcelonafan

I don't think it was intentional. I got myself thinking did Dembele scored this season and checked the stats to find out he has one goal, which all of sudden I remembered, in Copa del Rey against Linares.

Maybe others scored in LaLiga and they didn't check Cup game stats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans