Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porque

FIFA need to put a cap on how much commission agents can get from any deals. It should also be paid by the player to the agent and not paid by the club.

It's difficult. They will just shift it to being an image rights purchase from the player. Can FIFA control the value of image rights transactions? I don't think so

Joan

True, he explicitly said that he's 100% behind his agent, so it's not like he's hiding his stance, he also said that he would be available for Xavi this season after the January fiasco, and he was. There's also nothing wrong with going after the money, though I wished he stayed cause I think we were stronger with him and hope we replace him adequately, definitely not with the likes of Januzaj.

As odd as it is to say, he remained professional in his last year of contract. Barca on the other hand acted childish with all the leaks about benching him for the reminder of his Barca career after the negotiations broke only to play him as soon as the break ended. I wanted him to stay too. He is a solid player and Barca's most creative. Giving him the salary he demanded would likely cost less than signing, say, Raphinha (wages + amortisation) and Raphinha would be a big downgrade. Adequate replacement would cost an arm and a leg.

Joan

I think he can be pretty gullible towards certain people he is emotionally bonded with.
That's speculation, sure
but there have been 10 month negotiations where the club has always pointed out that Moussa and Dembele appear to be giving opposing signs in all this.

Then, yes, an agent supposedly works for the best of his client.
But that is not always where the more money is, AND that is not always where the highest commission for the agent is

That is an assumption about his character and I don't have a problem with it. It just shows he cares more about pleasing Moussa than staying at Barca. If he wants to stay and does nothing about it, I don't see any value in this information.

He is trusted at Barca, sure. But other than that, what makes it the best place to continue his career? He is not in the Nt, we are not exactly fighting for trophies, our financial offer won't be the best for him etc.

Personal reasons are possible and his desire to remain at Barca but it is obviously not strong enough since he isn't acting on all the documented differences between him and his agent.

Iniesta Ultra

It's quite simple, he's just not good enough. Whilst other forwards are busy scoring goals and making their teams challenge for and/or win titles, Ousmanes Barca forum entourage are busy wanking over his progressive carries and 4 key crosses a match. Well when it's difficult to watch and call what he does on pitch quality, it's easy to see why they rely on excel spreadsheets. How else would you convince yourself?

Frances squad already has great passers of the ball, why would they want a forward whose only good quality is crossing the ball from the sidelines? Forwards are supposed to be inside the box, or carry the ball into it in order to score goals.

There's no space in that quality team for a glorified wingback. They'll just go for the actual lethal forwards, because unlike Barcelona they're not so desperate to settle for Dembele. They want to win titles, they don't want someone completely vanish in big games like Ousmane does for us.

Plus whenever he's called up he's always shit for France.

So true.

Andresito

Staff member
FIFA need to put a cap on how much commission agents can get from any deals. It should also be paid by the player to the agent and not paid by the club.

Works in theory but not in reality. Agents will always find loopholes.

OVI9323

Just scored a crucial goal against A-League All-Stars and create a lot of exceptionnals chances... Is it the moment to rethink about an improved renewal offer???

Horatio

You're welcome
Just scored a crucial goal against A-League All-Stars and create a lot of exceptionnals chances... Is it the moment to rethink about an improved renewal offer???

Obviously the opponent is awful, but still says something dembele looks head and shoulders above the rest.

gregorrin10

Media says 95% chance he will leave, wow.

Ciao Ousmane.

Although in this case I am sure he's leaving, I wouldn't make too many assumptions on these '95% chance' claims. We saw how that went down with FDJ. :lol:

If I could, I'd seriously completely tune out anything Barca in the next 2 months, at least transfers wise, cause there's gonna be so much bullshit flying around, you're gonna drive yourself mad, if you plan on taking every bit of news at face value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans