Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Rondos are a perfect training element, because it means you can outplay 2/3 players without movement. But as above, training at Barcelona misses physical/endurance elements into play next to rondos.

It depends on the intensity of the rondos. If the guys in the middle are putting in serious effort to get or block the ball, it becomes a physical training as well, and even more than that, a pressing training focused on how to close passing channels quickly.

A 7 vs 4 rondo is hard. The 4 guys trying to get the ball back in low space conditions can make it very hard to keep the ball for the possession team if they put in serious effort.

Of course you can also play rondos laughing and half-assing it all the way, without any intensity like we do. At which point it defeats the purpose of the rondo, which is meant to develop press resistance, speed of passing and triangulation, all key elements in beating the press, keeping possession and creating progression.

The purpose of possession play is to create numerical and qualitative superiority by keeping the ball. Basically recreating in game the conditions of a training rondo. Hence the saying that watching Barcelona during Guardiola was like watching a training session. In more ways than one it kinda was for us. A 7 vs 4 training rondo was probably harder for us in training sessions than in most matches, due to the efficient pressing system of our team. We were the most efficient team on the ball, with our sublime passing, and the most efficient team off the ball, with our relentless pressing. Rondos developed both these aspects at the same time.

Last edited:

Laplacian

We desperately need him because of his pace but unfortunately he's just so wasteful. It seems like he makes a great impact immediately after he's subbed on then he steers into making constant bad decisions...

Meh

If only ansu was a few years older. We desperately need him though, hope he improves.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
His ball control looked poor today on the left wing. The right foot was shit. It’s clear that he’s left footed at this point, just can shoot and do fake shots with his right as well. His place is on the right wing.

eaman

Looked decent tonight but what is with this pass he tries that I've seen him try in a good few games where he looks like he's trying to nutmeg pass but he nearly always ends up hitting the defender. He tried it 3 times tonight and straight at the defender

JerseyAddict

Looked decent tonight but what is with this pass he tries that I've seen him try in a good few games where he looks like he's trying to nutmeg pass but he nearly always ends up hitting the defender

Noticed it too. He needs to do better and quicker passing...

Laplacian

Looked decent tonight but what is with this pass he tries that I've seen him try in a good few games where he looks like he's trying to nutmeg pass but he nearly always ends up hitting the defender. He tried it 3 times tonight and straight at the defender

Not nutmegs, he's realised an attempt to run behind the defence by his teammates but takes too long to make the decision and the option closes off, he brain freezes/panics and still attempts the pass the ball regardless.

FinBarcelonafan

Griezmann didn't create the space Dembele created from the wing. Inter defense was shitting their pants, when Dembele had the ball. He has impact. Dembele has presence, but he needs to use it better.

I struggle to understand you.
Barça struggled to win this match, both substitutes (Dembele and Vidal reported intensity, speed and aggression.
you still continue to criticize the player for no good reason.

eaman

I struggle to understand you.
Barça struggled to win this match, both substitutes (Dembele and Vidal reported intensity, speed and aggression.
you still continue to criticize the player for no good reason.

Not at all I was impressed. The main part of my comment was saying he had a decent game. I was just adding that last bit coz its something strange I see him doing in games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans