Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnotkeith

Nobody like Laudrup, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Xavi, Ronaldinho, Suarez, Messi, Eto'o, Villa etc.

Top 10-15 players in the world.
Not in that era anymore though. The best players in the world are Vinicius, Haaland, Mbappe, the best midfielders are guys like Rodri and KDB, it's not the game it used to be. Pedri and FDJ are some of the best midfielders going.
Won't get hate for saying mats is WC these days.

The hate will come for leaving pedri out of any list of WC at Barcelona, he's the only play we have That would make every manager in the game drol.

Right now we only have 2 WC/ will be WC players, excluding The older players.

Pedri & Aruajo and unfortunately both are injury prone, but both have that spark you need to really be WC.

Beyond that a lot of young players with Potential.

I can see where serghei is coming from.

Maybe yamal will add to that list, with roque gavi & Balde in the future.
True, forgot about Pedri, who also would make it in any top team.

JamDav1982

Know for a fact Pedri is not the highest rated Barca player from all big clubs but he and FDJ are the two the big teams would come for now more than others.

Back to Dembele.. part of the reason he makes such a difference is his pace and way it make other teams defend when that lacks in other front players at Barca.

Even when he is playing poorly teams are still wary of it and will not leave him 1 on 1 the way leave others and will be wary of pushing up.

Andresito

Staff member
We need him to stay fit for a whole season for once. Same goes for likes of Araujo. Can't compete with the defence we played in Europe last year.

serghei

We need him to stay fit for a whole season for once. Same goes for likes of Araujo. Can't compete with the defence we played in Europe last year.

Absolutely. Staying fit is actually the most important. Likes of Araujo, Pedri, Dembele, and the rest will have a very important season where they need to prove themselves in the Champions League against the best teams.

You can't be world class without that, and it's no surprise neither was even in the top 25 players on the Ballon d'Or list last year. They showed pretty much nothing of note in the Champions League and Europa League.

Barcelona_Boy1

but barcaforum experts keep telling me Dembele is unprofessional?
Almost no one sad he's unprofessional, but injury prone and without conscience in play. So... After 6 years, he could barely seen on the pitch, and when he was there didn't show so much. I mean, it's 6 years since he joined (we all know how it went) and he is not 18 anymore. So I can hardly imagine that player in 26 develops and do much more, especially after all of injuries he had. It's more like waiting to get injured again.

Saladin

Nah, he is a top, top winger, tailored for our style of play in the modern era - only issue is f**king injuries, mate - Hope the medical team can have a W this season. We need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans