Paul Pogba

Frodo_FCB

if you consider his transfer fees, than you should also consider the monetary benefits, from his shirts sale, image rights and other marketing benefits.

Just on the pitch, bale has been good for madrid.

Last year he was good, not smth special though, but you should consider that the time he arrived in madrid he was the best epl player and in top 5 players without doubt. This season he has been awful. Im not saying he is not a good player, he just cant perform in la liga, that's pretty clear i think.

Butaan4barca

Seriously? Bale is a total flop imo, especially consodering his transfer fee. GDS is acutally a la liga player.
You actually posted some names that are just exceptions, im sure that the epl players that flopped, are more than the ones that succeed.

oops, i forgot to mention, luis suarez, henry, vanistal roy, macherano, alonso, david backam, giovani van bronckhosrt,
fabregas, arjen robben weren't really that bad either.

yes there have been some hlebs and micheal owens (when ever he played he played well), but generally speaking you can't just label a league that players playing there willn't be successful in la liga. That just is no sense.

Butaan4barca

Last year he was good, not smth special though, but you should consider that the time he arrived in madrid he was the best epl player and in top 5 players without doubt. This season he has been awful. Im not saying he is not a good player, he just cant perform in la liga, that's pretty clear i think.

that not really epl to la liga thing. That happens when you put so many players who like to take control and are kind of players who are most effective in primary roles, and put all together in one team. In totenham, game was player around bale, he was spurs main man.

remember ronaldinho flopped world cup ? i think thats exactly what happened. he was in top form for barcelona but for brazil he was just used in different role.

In madrid he is one other, who plays around ronaldo. Do you seriously think that isn't a factor ?

And plus, this brings me back to the topic, if we get paul pogba, thats exactly what i believe will happen to him. We aren't going to build games around him. We won't let him take free kicks, he won't be much allowed the freedom he has in jeventus. he will be one of the players who will be playing in strickly defined role. why because we have, messi, neymar, suarez, iniesta.

And that is why we need a team player, and that is exactly why ramsey is most attractive option in my opinion.

Last edited:

Jombi

Exactly.
This is Barça, not Porto, if we decide to buy, we should buy good and proved players, not some random kids who arent even the best of their league/team

Yes, like Ibrahimovic. Buy this superstar for 70m euros, flop big time, messing our whole system up because we are forced to play this "good and proven player" and sell him a year later for 24m euros.

Butaan4barca

yeah_eddie_murphy.gif

i guess you are one of those who thinks anyone not as good as ronaldo and messi hasn't been good.

Frodo_FCB

Im against splashing big money for players that we cant be sure will fit in our system. Watch Ibra, great player but couldnt fit in, im afraid the same will happen with Pogba if we sign him.
I wouldn't mind for example to buy Veratti for 80mil because im sure he is perfect fit for our team. Considering the realistic options in the market now, i would probably take Gundogan + Kovacic.

Jombi

I would much rather get Nabil Fekir from Lyon or Allan from Udinese than this massively overrated Arsenal player. We should not obsess anymore with overpriced Arsenal players like we do every year. 90% of the time they flop badly and we look like complete fools. Didnt Hleb, Song, Petit and Cesc tell us anything? Arsenal midfielders just dont work for us. They simply dont have the ball control to play for us.

Jombi

And no, as much as I love Granit Xhaka and think he is better than any of these hipster players mentioned, I do not think he is good enough for Barcelona.

Granit Xhaka has had an absolutely amazing season and Pep wants him in Bayern Munich according to reports. I think he could be an interesting option, but from what I understand there is some animosity between Ter Stegen and Xhaka from their time together in gladbach and if that is the case we should look elsewhere.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
i guess you are one of those who thinks anyone not as good as ronaldo and messi hasn't been good.

I'm one of those guys who watches every RM game. I guess you're one of those guys who doesn't and talks shit even though he has no idea. Bale was horrible this season,anybody who watched the games would come to that conclusion.

N

Nicosur de la Braila

I was just thinking about the EPL players who came to La liga...
Henry, Suarez, Mascherano, [Pique], van Bronckhorst for Barca - They can be counted as success stories at Barca imo.
Modrić, Ronaldo, CR, Xabi Alonso, Arbeloa, Carvalho, Beckham for Real. Real also had Essien, Adebayor and Chicharito as loans who can't be taken as flops.
Yet when we talk about the flops... Bale

Bale did well 13-14, has been terrible lately, but i wouldn't call him flop :)

Home of Barca Fans