Paul Pogba

Barcalove

Banned
Yes, like Ibrahimovic. Buy this superstar for 70m euros, flop big time, messing our whole system up because we are forced to play this "good and proven player" and sell him a year later for 24m euros.
Or like Suarez, who fit like a glove and is bossing all time

Bertus

He is very immobile.With the ball he moves all right but without the ball he looks lazy as fuck.

Based on? If you say that based on his revent games, you need to realize he was nowhere near the level he had throughout the season.

I think he's fine without the ball. He usually doesn't do much useless runs.

That said, if you compare it with Verratti, Pogba does less interceptions and tackles per games, yeah. But one is more of a defensive midfielder than the others.

Now who would fit Barca the best? Of course it is Verratti. Because Verratti is already used to how Barca is playing, because Blanc desesperatly tries to copy Barcelona.

Verratti has way better passes ratings.

But Verratti is not a realistic option. And Pogba still can improve. Juve is not playing like barca, so no one knows if Pogba can adapt.

My bet is that he can tho.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
[MENTION=15767]Bertus[/MENTION], could you post a bit about how Pogba plays for France because his role with the NT is different from the one with Juventus.

Bertus

[MENTION=15767]Bertus[/MENTION], could you post a bit about how Pogba plays for France because his role with the NT is different from the one with Juventus.

He's 100% free to do what he wants in the current NT. From his own words: "Deschamps asks me to give it all, and to play my own football. That's all."

Once you know that you can see (in NT):

- He tends to be an attacking midfielder. Even more than with Juve IMHO.
- Contrary to people who think he plays alone in his little corner, and that the word "pass" is not in his dictionnary, he's quite creative.
- He's really powerful in midfield. A 100% fit Pogba is hard to deal with to any opponent.

I can tell you it makes quite a difference, in NT, when he plays and when he doesn't.

Bertus

Pogba spent the day with Verratti, Pastore, Lavezzi, and Sirigu in Monaco.

And no, it was not to discuss his transfer to PSG, but because they all own a Ferrari ;) :lol:

[tw]602554878175682561[/tw]

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's 100% free to do what he wants in the current NT. From his own words: "Deschamps asks me to give it all, and to play my own football. That's all."

Once you know that you can see (in NT):

- He tends to be an attacking midfielder. Even more than with Juve IMHO.
- Contrary to people who think he plays alone in his little corner, and that the word "pass" is not in his dictionnary, he's quite creative.
- He's really powerful in midfield. A 100% fit Pogba is hard to deal with to any opponent.

I can tell you it makes quite a difference, in NT, when he plays and when he doesn't.

I've got the same impression of him. His role at Juventus seem to be different. More about being that powerhouse in the midfield and playing quick passes to Pirlo and Marchisio so they can build up while for France it's different.

I think he could do well in beside Rakitic in a more attacking role while also playing his share in the defensive work along with adding some serious steel to our midfield. We're not gonna get another Xavi or Iniesta, but yes there are players more suited which are Verratti(not available), Koke(not available) and Gundogan(uncertainty).

His ceiling is high and he can improve a lot, especially at Barca and he's quite a marketable player as well. The problem is his transfer fee ofc.

As for his performances lately then I think people should know that he has been out for 7-8 weeks and come back and played in a couple of high pressure games where you can obviously see he is struggling to find form and full fitness after being out for some time. Shouldn't pass a judgement on him so quickly.

I have a bad feeling with all these posts stamping Pogba as some meh player because of his recent performances after being out with an injury, have a bad feeling that he'll somehow have a brilliant game vs us now :lol:

Home of Barca Fans