Paul Pogba

Hamzah

High Definition Member
If he goes there then Madrid will have to sell one of their midfielders. Isco might be available, of course they won't sell him to us though.

Only an idiot would replace modric with Pogba. Modric is the tempo keeper in their team and Pogba should be his partner.

Remember Benitez likes the 4-2-3-1 formation. I'm not sure how everyone will fit into that over there.

Bertus

Are they gonna replace Modric with Pogba?

Dunno. But people here tend to forget that RM is also trying to sign him. And usually they are ready to pay more to get what they want than Barca.

Also, Hermel confirmed that Pogba is Flo's target too, yet he does things differently than Braida

Braida likes to be seen by medias, he let them take photos and record videos, Perez does the very opposite.

Yet that doesn't mean RM is behind at all in this case. It's just Braida being Braida, and Perez being Perez.

we're not heading to a suarez case at all. Suarez wanted only Barca. Pogba, in his case, likes both equally.

anguy

I think the midfield at the moment has the best balance. Busquets/Iniesta/Rak

Having Pogba there would mean he'd play further up the pitch, steeping into Messi territory, which could unbalance things.

I don't think so. Messi plays more like midfielder now and there were times this season when he tactically switched place with Rakitic. So when Messi cut inside, behind Suarez Rakitic went to the vacant RW spot (Alves stayed a little behind). The problem is Rakitic doesn't have the speed to play as RW. With Pogba in his place this tactics would be much more natural and fluid. Pogba can beat opponents, has speed, dribbling and crossing ability.

On the LW playing him would be a little more problematic with Neymar and Alba so offensively minded. But if someone more defensive like Mathieu plays instead of Alba, Pogba can become AM/LW hybrid like Iniesta back in his top form.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Dunno. But people here tend to forget that RM is also trying to sign him. And usually they are ready to pay more to get what they want than Barca.

Also, Hermel confirmed that Pogba is Flo's target too, yet he does things differently than Braida

Braida likes to be seen by medias, he let them take photos and record videos, Perez does the very opposite.

Yet that doesn't mean RM is behind at all in this case. It's just Braida being Braida, and Perez being Perez.

Florentino's way is paying shitloads of money on players he don't need and then fucking up his Galacticos. If there's one player Florentino probably wanted like no player he has ever wanted then that was Neymar. Perfect for him. Possible future Balon D'Or and a marketing dream, but that one slipped out of his fingers. I bet he still has nightmares about it.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
If Benitez goes to Madrid as planned, they'll be in the market for DMs not more CMs. Madrid already have 2 CMs and 2 AMs, Benitez is likely to want a more defensive squad and he's going to look at Illarramendi and Lucas Silva as his only DMs and he's going to ask for a better option.

But then again, Florentino does as Florentino wants. Wouldn't put it past him to blow €100M on another CM despite what the manager wants.

Bertus

Florentino's way is paying shitloads of money on players he don't need and then fucking up his Galacticos.

Fallacious, friend.

That isn't the point at all. The point is that Perez doesn't use the medias like Braida does. So you guys should not think Barca wins just because Braida appears side by side with Marotta.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Pogba offers a different style and is an upgrade on isco. Their midfield will also have added defensive quality. Buying him and moving isco on might be a good move for them.

DonAK

That said I don't like how Braida is going publicly about everything. Pogba, Darmian, Kovacic. Won't be surprised if we end up with none of his targets.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
If Benitez goes to Madrid as planned, they'll be in the market for DMs not more CMs. Madrid already have 2 CMs and 2 AMs, Benitez is likely to want a more defensive squad and he's going to look at Illarramendi and Lucas Silva as his only DMs and he's going to ask for a better option.

But then again, Florentino does as Florentino wants. Wouldn't put it past him to blow €100M on another CM despite what the manager wants.

Thats a known fact. Florentino will do what he likes and then expect the manager to deal with whatever he has given him, they have no "plan".

Perez couldn't give a fuck about what Rafa thinks, he didn't offer that to Mou or Carlo.

DonAK

Pogba offers a different style and is an upgrade on isco. Their midfield will also have added defensive quality. Buying him and moving isco on might be a good move for them.

Except the fact that Isco is NOT a starter for Real Madrid while Pogba will be bought to be one. I see Bentiez employing a 4-2-3-1. He won't replace Bale or the RW in his formation. He won't replace Benzema or Cristiano and he won't replace James. So that leaves either Modric or Kroos.

Bertus

You expect Perez to do something logical he didn't do last summer.

Perez's logic has always been the same: signing at least one galactico.

Pogba is the perfect player to sign as his next galaticto.

We can just hope Barca manages to convince him to stay at Juve one more year before choosing, since apparently Pogba doesn't want to be "loaned" by Barca if he chooses Barca.

gatsu

Let Madrid have him, as some people said, where will he play? Iniesta role is between xavi and the old Iniesta, and Rakitic ensures equilibrium.

He is good, very talented, but he's not Barça compatible, I prefer Gundogan or Kovacic, knowing that the best option (Verratti) is quite impossible.

On a side note, Isco would be perfect.

DonAK

Fallacious, friend.

That isn't the point at all. The point is that Perez doesn't use the medias like Braida does. So you guys should not think Barca wins just because Braida appears side by side with Marotta.

No, that's not what I meant. I agree with you. Florentino don't go public. He just pays up when it's time and tries to get what he want.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Except the fact that Isco is NOT a starter for Real Madrid while Pogba will be bought to be one. I see Bentiez employing a 4-2-3-1. He won't replace Bale or the RW in his formation. He won't replace Benzema or Cristiano and he won't replace James. So that leaves either Modric or Kroos.

Modric and Kroos have a similar role as the tempo keeper. Selling one of those would be bad because then you only have one of that type of player, when you should have two for every position. James and Pogba would be the midfield offensive partner. That's what makes sense anyway.

It all depends on what formation they play too.

Home of Barca Fans